Developer: Graham Henstridge
Current Version: 1.1.1
Last Updated: 26 days ago
Download Size: 23.6 MB - Download
FlyingSticks is probably the most comprehensive archery support app available. It is for archers with an interest in the technical aspects of archery. You can choose to explore in great detail or just view the results.
For non-technical archers, FlyingSticks may be used to generate sight tapes, for spine tuning and to get a “feel” for many aspects of archery, especially group sizes, score analysis and the impact of wind.
Technical and advanced archers can use FlyingSticks to quantify the impact of making changes to their gear such as: draw length, arrow mass, point shape, fletching size, shooting altitude, arrow resonance etc. For those with an interest in traditional and war bows, performance can be accurately estimated.
For hunters, FlyingSticks breaks new ground in calculating penetration, probability of an ethical kill and the maximum ethical range for different game based on the hunter’s form, range, wind and the kit’s capability.
• Quick start options for a fast introduction.
• Support for most bow types — traditional, recurve, compound and crossbow.
• Comprehensive arrow aerodynamics and 3D ballistics calculations.
• Shot simulator realistically models archer’s form and variability.
• Round score prediction and conversions.
• Over 90 standard rounds for target, indoor, field and clout shooting defined.
• Precision sight tape generation with many formatting options.
• Spine tuning, with auto tune options.
• Arrow resonance and rotation (fishtailing) flight modelling.
• Group size sensitivity to wind gusting, draw variations, arrow rotation, stabilizers.
• Archer’s form calculated from round scores or group size.
• Calculates wind drift, including vertical wind gradient.
• Stabilizer contribution to archer’s form.
• Clout sight (prism and periscope) attachment support, with automatic arrow mass tuning.
• Flight range estimates.
• Arrow drag from arrow parameters or ballistic analysis.
• Arrow’s FOC and more importantly its stability factor.
• Imperial, metric or mixed units with automatic conversions.
• Printable kit and performance reports.
• Automated calculations using the Lua scripting language.
• Parametric plots e.g. Round score vs wind speed with arrow mass as a control variable.
• Comprehensive popup help when needed.
• Growing list of HowTo guides and expanding eBooklet.
Features especially for hunters:
• Over 30 game types.
• Penetration calculations for all game types.
• Multi-pin spacing optimisation.
• Range estimation error effects.
• Wind and target movement lead.
• Ethical kill probability.
• Maximum ethical range for kit and archer’s form.
• “Sweet range” for small game and instinctive shooting.
The core of FlyingSticks is a precision ballistics engine that covers an arrow’s flight from the moment of release to the penetration of a target.
•Grouping probability density plots.
•Correction of several bugs introduced in previous update (with apologises).
•Improved parametric plots.
•Improved ethical range algorithm.