Flume for Instagram
Developer: Rafif Yalda
Current Version: 2.4.2
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 10.5 MB - Download
Flume brings the world of Instagram to your desktop with gorgeous edge-to-edge photography, direct messaging, upload support and much more.
Flume Pro Features:
• Upload photos and videos, with support for original or square formats, tagged locations and captions.
• Effortlessly switch between multiple Instagram accounts.
• Start conversations with other users, create groups and share your favourite photos or videos together.
• A beautiful design that focuses your attention on the photos and videos.
• View, like, comment, follow and share all day long.
• View photos and videos in their original aspect ratio and at full resolution.
• Immerse yourself deeper, and enlarge photos and videos via QuickLook support.
• View popular content based on users you are following as well as your current location.
• See the latest activity (new likes, comments and friends that join Instagram) and respond to the latest notifications (new follower requests).
• Swipe with your trackpad or Magic Mouse and skim through your feed.
• Search for users, hashtags, locations and save them for quick access.
• View photos and videos tagged at a location, with a hashtag, or with other users.
• Read comments and captions written in a language you don't understand, with translation support.
• Integrates with Flume New Tab, a beautiful Safari extension available at https://flumeapp.com/new-tab/
• 100% keyboard navigable, and 100% VoiceOver/accessibility supported.
Learn more about Flume at https://flumeapp.com and follow us on Twitter @flumeapp for updates!
Terms of Service: https://flumeapp.com/terms/
Flume 2.4.1 is here and promises to be the most stable and solid update so far, with a few new features too. For more info and the full change log for this update, please check out our blog - https://flumeapp.com/blog/. For all support queries, please see our Support Portal at https://flumeapp.com/support/.
- NEW: Respond to comments directly from notifications.
- NEW: Directly jump to comments from the notifications in the Activity tab.
- NEW: Save sharing options for Linked Accounts.
- NEW: You can now switch Facebook sharing options easily and more directly on the Upload window as opposed to the Profile > Settings > Linked Accounts > Facebook menu.
- NEW: Disable commenting on uploads.
- NEW: Progress is displayed when compressing videos and uploading photos and videos.
- NEW: The titlebar now animates leaving more space for buttons on the Detail View.
- NEW: Export your Insights data.
+ hundreds of fixes and improvements (see full change-log).
Most Helpful Reviews
Pretty Rad - I run a few Instagram accounts, so I had to purchase the Pro for $9.99. I’ll give the bad first - there are a few bugs and hiccups. Sometimes it freezes and can’t click around, other times it will slow my whole computer down and I’ll need to restart. Now, the good - #1 ease of use and the ability to post. Love that I can switch accounts with just a couple clicks. I love keeping the feed up on the right side of my screen. Super easy drap and drop to post to my feed. Overal, great app and great concept, as I think this is the only Instagram desktop app, which is where IG is severaly lacking and this is where Flume comes in. 5 stars even with the bugs. The potential is there! Keep up the great work guys.
What a Scam - This app is advertised as a free limited-use app with the potential to upgrade to the Pro version but in reality, it will not let me upload even one image unless I immediately upgrade to the $9.99 Pro version. Ridiculous! From what I’ve seen, this app presents a clean interface but sometimes clean can be too clean. I would like to at least see the poster’s name and image description. As this app is designed, I have to clickon each image to see who/what/where. Which is no big deal because I can browse IG on the IG app or via Safari, but I had high hopes this would make uploading easier than using an iOS device. And it may very well be the answer to my problem, but the fact it forces you to upgrade without trying is just incredibly irksome. Deleted the app.
More Reviews for Current Version
Filling the Void - I’ve been on #Instagram for 3 or 4 years now (@swdoddsw) and there’s been something #missing from the #experience… an #absence that’s left me #annoyed. What’s been missing from my Instagram experience? The #ability to have full account interaction from my #MacBook. Well, today I found #Flume Pro ($9.99), I used it for nine postings so far today and so far it seems to be the #perfect thing to fill the previous #void! I love that I can type captions in MS Word and then cut and paste into my posting, edit my photos in PhotoShop and then post them directly from the folder they are stored in, etc. Flume rocks! Only problem I’ve seen so far is that during one of my early postings, I selected the radio buttons to simultaneously share my postings to Twitter and FaceBook and I also selected the checkbox to “Save Sharing Options”, but saving the sharing options doesn’t work as I would expect. I still have to go in and manually select which linked accounts I want my postings to share to, each time I post something. In addition, when I reopen a pic that I previously shared to Twitter and Facebook and look at the sharing options, even that picture no longer has the radio buttons selected. A minor bug, but annoying nonetheless.
lie - Bull, useless unless you pay ten dollars, ridiculous, and just a lie and false advertisement really its useless without paying
Very Solid, Useful and Helpful - Reviewing the PRO app. This is the only option I’ve seen so far for managing Instagram on the desktop, and it is WELL WORTH the upgrade fee to Pro. Drag and drop posts, easy editing, FB and Twitter integration. All of this makes it so much easier to handle multiple client accounts and upload high-quality posts. Only a few quibbles keep me from raving about the app as a 5 star pick. The Facebook integration has trouble staying logged in. So each session, you’re likely to get hit with another requirement that you log in to Facebook, to be told “You’ve already authorized Instagram.” This is probably more Facebook’s fault than the developer’s, but it’s a rather annoying obstacle that I hope they can solve. Also, re-posting content is still a cumbersome affair that requires screenshots. The developer is concerned about protecting Instagram users from having their content stolen, which is admirable. I manage IG accounts for a manufacturer of art supplies, so we frequently want to repost works by artists who use our products. Automating a re-post WITH proper attribution would make this a five star app for sure.
Slow Start, But Great App - The current version (Pro Version) of the app is Great!!! When I first purchased it, there were some delayed and paused loading issues. Theses issues have been addressed and it works great now. The only reason I even mention them is because I feel this is what you want in an App, a developer that is eager to make the app as good as it can be and continues to work on it. I would recomend this app to anyone.
I LOVE Flume - I’ve been using Flume for a few months now and LOVE it. I actually prefer it to Instagram’s Native iOS app, because I can scroll through my feed without worrying about the Instagram App randomly deciding to scroll me back to the top. The developer(s) are constantly putting out great updates and seem really intune with what their users want. 5-stars!