Fluid Noise Generator
Developer: Majic Jungle Software
Current Version: 2.0.1
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 1.1 MB - Download
Fluid Noise Generator is a powerful fractal noise generator, which can generate tiling looping images and movies from scratch, using a function similar to perlin noise to create reliable and repeatable results.
- Height maps and matching textures for terrain generation in games or 3D modeling
- Create tiling background images for web sites
- Create animations for use in movies.
- Animated noise texture creation for use when making games, or as an input to GLSL shaders or 3D applications
- A powerful substitute for noise generators in compositing or image creation applications
- Export 8 bit or 32 bit seamless tiling images
- Export animated seamless tiling, looping image sequences or movies
- Uses all available CPU cores to deliver fast responsive editing
- Supports drag and drop, undo / redo and saving of parameters for later use
- Can export normal maps in 8 bit or 32 bit floating point TIFF or OpenEXR.
Fixes crash when exporting image sequences and some other types of animation.
Most Helpful Reviews
Bought it on accident, but worth it - I actually bought this app on accident, thinking it was .99 instead of 9.99. However, I have since become very happy with the purchase. I am a web and iPhone developer and I have used this app many times to generate backgrounds, mainly due to its ability to seamlessly tile the images. It has always worked well for me, and has potential to be even cooler. While it may not be worth the full $10, I am glad I bought it. P.S. - While kind of an archaic format, it would be nice if it could export the animations into GIFs, for use in websites.
More Reviews for Current Version
Super - This app is super useful. It's dead simple to use, and helps in many different design & graphics situations.
New Drug! - I'm hooked on this and I have no idea how it works. What a way to relieve stress without the mess of an aquarium. Bravo!