Flashcard Hero Lite
Developer: Kitestack Software
Current Version: 2.6
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 10.2 MB - Download
Make your own flash cards and take the pressure out of test preparation. Flashcard Hero keeps track of what facts you already know so you can focus on what you don’t know and save a lot of time.
Beyond your average-vocab-app: We made Flashcard Hero for those of you who want to fit more than a few words on each card. You can add lists and use text formatting to structure your content. Cards even expand as you add more text so you can take notes during class and turn them into study cards later. All decks can easily be shared with others via the web.
- Up to 20 cards per deck (unlimited decks)
- Unlock unlimited cards and add image-support via In-App Purchase
- iCloud can also be unlocked via In-App-Purchase
After In-App purchase:
Study on your iPhone and iPad with the Flashcard Hero mobile app (separate purchase).
FEATURES (all versions):
- 3 study modes: Answer covered, Multiple choice tests, Typing the answer
- Audio output (text to speech) of text on cards in over 30 languages
- Group cards by topic (e.g. text book chapters)
- Basic text formatting (lists, bold font, italic,…)
- Many deck cover styles
- Difficulty level for each card
- Group cards using the Leitner study system (similar to spaced repetition)
- Detailed study session summaries
- Import decks you already have (.tsv and .csv format, Quizlet.com)
- Take notes during class; cards expand automatically
- Share decks via the web
FOR TEACHERS AND EDUCATORS:
- Compatible with the Remote Control feature of the iOS app. You can use the iOS app as a remote to control the study mode on the Mac while you are projecting on a big screen.
A note about iCloud Drive (after In-App purchase):
Starting with version 2.0 of the Mac app, using iCloud Drive requires at least Mac OS X Yosemite and iOS 8.
This is just the beginning. If you’d like to see a certain feature, let us know through the feedback button in the app.
- Solved problem with image copy & paste not working on macOS Sierra 10.12.4
- Improved importing cards from CSV and TSV files
- App name changed from “Flashcard Hero Free” to “Flashcard Hero Lite” to comply with new App Store rules
Most Helpful Reviews
Flashcard Hero - I tried the free version of this app before purchasing. I am always very reluctant when it comes to app purchases and have bought a very few select ones over the course of many years. This was one of those rare purchases because I felt it was well worth the $7.99 price tag. The author continues to put a lot of time and work into each new version to add many useful enhancements. I have been learning Spanish, using DuoLingo, for the past 240 days and have been putting Flashcard Hero to use in conjunction with it. The speech function of Flashcard Hero greatly aids me in remembering pronunciations. This is a very valuable tool for anyone needing access to review what they have learned. I can pull it up on my iPhone or iPad anytime, anywhere and solidify what I have previously studied. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a flashcard app!
This used to be good. - This app was the best for studying. There were so many different was to study. You could use the cards you made as flash cards or as multiple choice. The app has been crashing to the point where you cannot even type what you want on the cards. It will crash about every 60 seconds. This happened after the latest update. I do not recommend getting this until the issue is fixed, which will be a while because it has been happening for two weeks.