File Rename Pro
File Rename Pro lets you rename a number of files quickly and easily, saving you time and effort. Drag and drop one or more folders from Finder onto the application icon or dock icon and you're ready to start renaming files.
Friendly, Fast and Complete
File Rename Pro aims to be the friendliest, fastest, most complete batch/bulk file renaming tool for OS X. With over 12 different rename options, it can handle most renaming tasks (and if it doesn't do what you need, just drop us an email).
Real-Time Preview and Undo Feature
The app displays a real-time preview of the renamed files so you can confirm the changes before actually performing any renaming. You can also use the Quick Look feature to check the contents of the files you are renaming. Should you decide after a rename that you want to revert the changes, there's an undo feature.
For Digital Photographers
The app makes it quick and easy for photographers to create detailed filenames for all their photos by adding number sequences, date information of when the photo was taken and EXIF metadata such as: width & height, aperture, ISO, focal length, F-number and shutter speed.
For Music Enthusiasts
The app is ideal for renaming MP3 audio files. As long as the audio files contain the relevant metadata, you can standardise the names of audio files, by including information such as: title, artist, album, album artist, genre, composer, year, track number, track total, disc number, disc total, bit rate, sample rate and duration.
For the more technical minded, the app includes an advanced section allowing the use of powerful regular expressions for finding and replacing in filenames.
12 Powerful Rename Options
The 12 rename options outlined below make File Rename Pro a very powerful rename tool for general file renames, for renaming photos using EXIF metadata, for renaming audio files such as MP3s using the file's id tag information, and for the more technically minded powerful Regular Expression find and replace option.
Simultaneous Rename Options
The 12 rename options can be used in conjunction with each other making complex renaming a simple task. An intuitive user interface makes it easy to see at a glance which options are currently in use.
· Prefix - add some text to the start of a filename.
· Postfix - add some text to the end of a filename.
· Keep original name - keep the original filenames.
· Delete original name - delete the original filenames.
· Substitute original name - overwrite existing filenames with a fixed filename.
· All lowercase, All uppercase, Title case, Sentence case, Camel case, Capitalize.
· Replace all/1st/2nd/3rd/last occurrences of something with something else.
· Insert text before or after 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/last occurrences of specific text.
· Remove all/1st/2nd/3rd/last occurrences of specific text.
· Remove a number of characters from the beginning or end of filenames.
· Add a numerical sequence to the start or end of filenames.
Date & Time Options
· Add date and/or time to the start or end of filenames. Includes over 50 date and over 25 time styles.
· Include in photo filenames metadata such as: width & height, aperture, ISO, focal length, F-number, shutter speed, artist and more.
· Include in audio filenames metadata such as: title, artist, album, album artist, genre, composer, year, track number, track total, disc number, disc total, bit rate, sample rate and duration.
· Regular Expression replace - Find and replace using the power of a regular expression engine.
If File Rename Pro notices that a filename clash is going to occur it automatically resolves the clash by ensuring each name is unique.
Note: Does not support the renaming of folders nor the editing of a file's metadata.
This application is suitable for professionals, business users and developers alike.
OS X 10.9 compatibility.
Most Helpful Reviews
Nice! - App does exactly as it says, plus more. Very happy! Works great with 10.7.3.
Disappointed - Not what I expected to do.
More Reviews for Current Version
Works great for the scenario I have, which is mostly pictures and videos. - Use it for most of my needs and am very happy with it. Would definitely recommend. With the last update of OS X it stopped working, but support was very helpful to assist me in making it work again. Oddly, I had to completely reinstall the program from the app store. Great value for the the money!
Sequence - Just purchased File Rename Pro and would like to see something under the Sequence section 1. Alphamerical - A, B, C - AA, BB, CC - AA, AB, AC 2. placement of said # or letter - Name Image.pdf to Name 001 Image.pdf
Ran with the latest OS Sierra 10.12.5. - Worked well for me to rename pictures and video files (JPG and MP4) with data and time of creation. Worked better than my old PC program for renaming files. Ran with the latest OS Sierra 10.12.5.
Too bad it doesn't rename folders - Also, would be great to maximize the application window so I don't have to scroll so much.
First time I’ve ever asked App store for a refund - This app is really bad. The user interface is stupid. The program is designed to change tons of files yet it’s incredibly difficult to even see the files loaded. It only allows so many files to be seen. And the whole ‘drag and drop’ thing is really gimmicky. Why not just open a Finder like interface? Also, I couldn’t figure out how to change folder names. When I loaded ‘Preferences’ and nothing came up I decided it was time to delete this app and ask for a refund.