File Locker - Hide&Lock Files
Developer: Dummy Apps
Current Version: 2.9
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 449.5 KB - Download
* Worried about important files/folders from being accidentally modified or deleted? Lock It!
* Don't want privacy to be seen by others? Hide It!
* Don't want some of your application to be launched by others? Hide it!
Lock + Hide = Double Protection!
If simply hide files, it is very easy to accidentally delete them, because you can not see them. if you locked files/folders while hiding them, when you try to delete them, or try to empty them from trash, the system will prompt you that files and folders are locked, thus prevent accidental deletion of important data.
This tool supports batch lock/unlock/hide/unhide any number of files and folders quickly.
[ Contact: ]
Email: [email protected]
1. "Lock" does not mean "Encrypt" with password in this App, "Lock" is to prevent files and folders from being modified and deleted.
2. Sometimes the file icon still show the locked icon after the files are unlocked, it is not a bug, "Finder" need time to refresh icons.
3. Before download, please be sure your OSX version is later than 10.7.3
4. Support to drag files/folder to other application for further processing
5. Click table header to sort
1. Get hidden files back if removed them from "File Locker"
1) Drag the hidden file's parent folder to “File Locker", if hidden files on the desktop, the parent directory is the "Desktop" folder which can be found in "Finder".
2) Uncheck "Skip sub-folders" option on the lower left corner
3) Uncheck "Hidden" button of the folder
2. Empty locked files in the Trash
1) Drag and drop files in Trash to "File Locker "
2) Unchecked the "Locked" button
3. How to set up password to protect "File Locker"?
1). Lauch "File Locker" and click "Preferences" menu item in "File Locker" menu.
2). Check "Enable Password Protection" option
3). Enter "password Hint" , then enter password and confirm it.
4). Click "Ok" button.
4. What can i do if I forgot the password?
A: please execute the command in terminal without quot.
"defaults write com.dummyapp.FileLock ENABLE_PASSWORD_PROTECTION_KEY -bool NO"
5. After hide files with file locker, I still can see hidden files from "All My Files" in Finder, how can handle it?
please follow the steps below to disable "All My Files" in Finder:
Open "Finder" ->Click "Finder" menu -> Click "Preferences" ->Click "General" -->Choose other options in "New Finder windows show:" except "All my files" --> Click "Sidebar" -> uncheck "All My Files " in "Favorites"
*********** Hide files in "All My Files", please refer to FAQs *****************
* Add an option if Unlock&Unhide when remove from list
Most Helpful Reviews
It works! - I was a little disapointed after I tried using the program to see my files were gone, but I wasnt reading the directions right. To unhide files, you click on the + button and select the folder where your files were originally from. Then click open, and uncheck the hide tab and press unlock. Boom! you have your files back
A great piece of junk - Does not work. No logical instructions. No helpful support. I run many apps - way deeper than this one - this is app just badly written. Save your money.
More Reviews for Current Version
Does not work any longer - I have File Locker 2.9 and until recently it was working well, albeit very slow. Now for some unknown reason, it just will not work. The app’s main screen comes on, and that’s about it.
DONT WASTE YOUR $$ - simply does not work