Developer: PCVARK Software
Current Version: 1.3.0
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 1.4 MB - Download
File Helper is an app that allows you to see detailed info about a file or folder. And how? By simply right clicking on the file/folder and choosing ‘Get File Info’ option. That’s not all, you can also see a list of apps compatible with the file you choose. This is an app that’s small in size and always handy.
Features & Benefits:
1. Get details with a right click: Without launching the app, you can see details of any file or folder of your choice. Just right-click on the item and choose ‘Get File Info’. You can see details of any file or folder on your Mac.
2. Get hash details, Hex dumps, everything: From minor details like ‘Date Modified’ to detailed info like ‘Hash details’, ‘Hex Dumps’, you can get all info about your file or any folder.
3. Check for Compatible Apps for your File: If you’re having difficulty in opening a file, this app can easily search for compatible apps on your Mac or the web in which your file can be best viewed on.
4. Intuitive UI: The interface has no bells & whistles but it’s really easy to understand if you’re using it the first time.
5. It’s FREE: You don’t have to pay a penny for this app. It’s 100% FREE with no conditions applied & no hidden costs!
-Minor bug fixes.
Most Helpful Reviews
Works Fluentlyyyy - It's a very useful app. Gave every detail of my file. Better than other apps at least. Simple UI. It's as easy as pie to understand it.
Horrable Fraud App - This app is a fraud! it would’ve given me a virus if i hadn’t got avast mac security. if its not a fraud PCVARK Software you need to fix this! the virus file seemed to be inside the app file package contents in the folder MacOS. heres where the directory is: File Helper.app > Contents > Mac OS. My mac is a MacBook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012). The file name that was a virus is named "File Helper” and there is no added extension, yet the file is not a folder. I can’t open this file and a folder file has no extension but, this was just like a folder except it had a black icon and a green colored message on it that said “EXEC”. it must be a directory that is more detailed contents of an app file that can only be opened on windows, Please! fix this.
More Reviews for Current Version
Use with care - My experience with this software is that it becomes the default program for programs like .DMG, installation packages etc and hijacks those - a pain pain pain - had to uninstall to get back control of things like installing DMG files.
It does what it claims but isnt’ worth it - Agree with AppleXpert’s comments. I had the same experience and had to shut it off. Now Intego’s virus software is identifying it as malware. It does NOT allow one to open files — just get information about them. It does that well, but too intrusively.