Fantastical 2 - Calendar and Reminders
Developer: Flexibits Inc.
Current Version: 2.3.5
Last Updated: 3 days ago
Download Size: 12.9 MB - Download
** 20% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME - HAPPY BIRTHDAY FANTASTICAL 2! **
Designed exclusively for macOS, Fantastical 2 includes powerful features such as an incredibly intuitive parsing engine, a full calendar window (with day, week, month, and year views), a quick access mini window, iCloud reminders support, time zone support, and much, much more.
"Fantastical 2 is the calendar app your Mac has been waiting for." - The Verge
"Terrific new version of one of my very favorite apps." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
"It's my favorite calendar app for OS X." - MacStories
"The calendar app you've been waiting for." - iMore
"Fantastical 2 is a crazy-powerful calendar app for your Mac." - Wired
Fantastical 2's natural language event and reminder creation, beautiful calendar views, and ultra-smart event list make it the best calendar and reminders app you'll ever use. Just type in that you have "Lunch with John on Friday at 1pm" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "remind me to Buy Milk on Tuesday" and Fantastical 2 will create a reminder with a due date!
WHAT'S NEW IN FANTASTICAL 2
• Beautiful, all-new design exclusively for macOS
• Full calendar window with Day, Week, Month, and Year views
• macOS Today Widget, Action Extension, and Share Extension
• Handoff support between Fantastical 2 for Mac, Fantastical 2 for iPhone, and Fantastical 2 for iPad
• Calendar sets - quickly toggle multiple calendars on or off with a simple click or automatically when you leave or arrive, based on location
• Maps are now displayed for your locations
• Improved iCloud reminders with a separate reminders list and support for geofenced location-based reminders
• Multiple parser improvements including improved repeating event and reminder support, the ability to add alerts (like "Meeting 3pm alert 1 hour"), time zones, and many other improvements
• Time zone support including floating time zone support
• Dark and light themes
• And much, much more!
THE EASIEST WAY TO ADD EVENTS AND REMINDERS
• Open Fantastical 2 with a single click or keystroke
• Type in your event or reminder details and press return
• That's it!
STAY ON TOP OF YOUR DAY
• The infinite scrolling event list and calendar let you easily locate and plan all of your events and reminders
• Today's past events fade to gray so you can focus on your upcoming events
• Add event notes, URLs, or locations to new or existing events
• Use search to instantly locate your events
WORKS THE WAY YOU DO
• Works with your favorite calendar services with native CalDAV support including iCloud, Google, Yahoo, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and for the first time ever, Japanese
• Start typing your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automagically understand!
Fantastical 2 — the frustration of calendaring has been solved.
- Fixed birthdays sometimes appearing duplicated when changing time zones
- Fixed a crash with some Exchange delegates
- Improved handling of all-day recurring events
- Workaround for a sporadic 403 error appearing for some iCloud users
- Added support for Google's new login requirements
- Press option while right-clicking on an invitation in the invitations section to ignore all pending invitations
- Can now create events that repeat every month on the 1st through 20th weekday (for iCloud, Google, and other CalDAV accounts)
- Mail events using Newton when it is set as your default email reader
- Performance improvements with very large calendars
- Improved app launch time with large numbers of birthdays from Contacts
- Fixed an issue with some recurring events repeating one time too many or one time too few
- Fixed an issue with event invitations sometimes being modified when viewing them
- Fixed creating an invitation on a delegated Exchange calendar not sending emails to the invitees
- Fixed a potential crash when replying to Facebook events
- Fixed Fantastical not launching on versions of macOS El Capitan 10.11 through 10.11.4
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Most Helpful Reviews
Ambrosia for us mortals. - It takes a lot for me to bother to review an app (I can’t even remember the last one I reviewed), so this is either going to be a really harsh critique or a rave. I’m very happy to say it’s the latter. As others note, the price is a bit steep (but come on: there’s a 21 day demo, get over it!). But if you want a well designed, low profile but very powerful calendar and reminder system, it’s totally worth it: of all the helpful software I have on my Mac, this has by far had the most impact on my productivity. I won’t list all the benefits, since other reviewers have given details, but everything about the thing feels great, development is active, and the seamless Mac -> iOS experience is awesome. Comparing the way I managed my work before and now is like night and day. If Fantastical 2 vanished from my desktop, I’d feel hopelessly adrift in a chaotic sea of unchecked task boxes and missed meetings. Instead, I am like Poseidon, master of the workweek waters. Try it — you too can be a god.
I’ve lost patience with this app - My calendar app needs to be very solid, and Fantastical 2 just isn’t good enough. It has a lots of good features that I like a lot, but it is not trustworthy. Adding is easy, but whenever I change my schedule, I spend more time checking that the change was made correctly than actually making the change. Sometimes drag and drop works, sometimes it crashes the app. The app crashes about once every other day when events are changed. There are other calendar apps that don’t offer the same feature set and are not quite as up-to-date with Apple technologies, but they very rarely crash and I always know what the app is doing. This is a very expensive calendar app and it’s main selling point is speedy additions. That’s worthless if the rest of the app doesn’t work right.