Fantastical 2 - Calendar and Reminders
Developer: Flexibits Inc.
Current Version: 2.3.8
Last Updated: 26 days ago
Download Size: 12.9 MB - Download
Designed exclusively for macOS, Fantastical 2 includes powerful features such as an incredibly intuitive parsing engine, a full calendar window (with day, week, month, and year views), a quick access mini window, iCloud reminders support, time zone support, and much, much more.
"Fantastical 2 is the calendar app your Mac has been waiting for." - The Verge
"Terrific new version of one of my very favorite apps." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
"It's my favorite calendar app for OS X." - MacStories
"The calendar app you've been waiting for." - iMore
"Fantastical 2 is a crazy-powerful calendar app for your Mac." - Wired
Fantastical 2's natural language event and reminder creation, beautiful calendar views, and ultra-smart event list make it the best calendar and reminders app you'll ever use. Just type in that you have "Lunch with John on Friday at 1pm" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "remind me to Buy Milk on Tuesday" and Fantastical 2 will create a reminder with a due date!
WHAT'S NEW IN FANTASTICAL 2
• Beautiful, all-new design exclusively for macOS
• Full calendar window with Day, Week, Month, and Year views
• macOS Today Widget, Action Extension, and Share Extension
• Handoff support between Fantastical 2 for Mac, Fantastical 2 for iPhone, and Fantastical 2 for iPad
• Calendar sets - quickly toggle multiple calendars on or off with a simple click or automatically when you leave or arrive, based on location
• Maps are now displayed for your locations
• Improved iCloud reminders with a separate reminders list and support for geofenced location-based reminders
• Multiple parser improvements including improved repeating event and reminder support, the ability to add alerts (like "Meeting 3pm alert 1 hour"), time zones, and many other improvements
• Time zone support including floating time zone support
• Dark and light themes
• And much, much more!
THE EASIEST WAY TO ADD EVENTS AND REMINDERS
• Open Fantastical 2 with a single click or keystroke
• Type in your event or reminder details and press return
• That's it!
STAY ON TOP OF YOUR DAY
• The infinite scrolling event list and calendar let you easily locate and plan all of your events and reminders
• Today's past events fade to gray so you can focus on your upcoming events
• Add event notes, URLs, or locations to new or existing events
• Use search to instantly locate your events
WORKS THE WAY YOU DO
• Works with your favorite calendar services with native CalDAV support including iCloud, Google, Yahoo, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and for the first time ever, Japanese
• Start typing your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automagically understand!
Fantastical 2 — the frustration of calendaring has been solved.
iCloud will require two-factor authentication and an app-specific password on June 15. This update contains instructions to set up two-factor authentication and generate an app-specific password. Your iCloud account will stop syncing if you do not take action.
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Most Helpful Reviews
Ambrosia for us mortals. - It takes a lot for me to bother to review an app (I can’t even remember the last one I reviewed), so this is either going to be a really harsh critique or a rave. I’m very happy to say it’s the latter. As others note, the price is a bit steep (but come on: there’s a 21 day demo, get over it!). But if you want a well designed, low profile but very powerful calendar and reminder system, it’s totally worth it: of all the helpful software I have on my Mac, this has by far had the most impact on my productivity. I won’t list all the benefits, since other reviewers have given details, but everything about the thing feels great, development is active, and the seamless Mac -> iOS experience is awesome. Comparing the way I managed my work before and now is like night and day. If Fantastical 2 vanished from my desktop, I’d feel hopelessly adrift in a chaotic sea of unchecked task boxes and missed meetings. Instead, I am like Poseidon, master of the workweek waters. Try it — you too can be a god.
I’ve lost patience with this app - My calendar app needs to be very solid, and Fantastical 2 just isn’t good enough. It has a lots of good features that I like a lot, but it is not trustworthy. Adding is easy, but whenever I change my schedule, I spend more time checking that the change was made correctly than actually making the change. Sometimes drag and drop works, sometimes it crashes the app. The app crashes about once every other day when events are changed. There are other calendar apps that don’t offer the same feature set and are not quite as up-to-date with Apple technologies, but they very rarely crash and I always know what the app is doing. This is a very expensive calendar app and it’s main selling point is speedy additions. That’s worthless if the rest of the app doesn’t work right.
More Reviews for Current Version
Not worth the money - I wrote this exact same review for the iPhone version. Don’t waste your money. I’m so sick of going to the mediocre FAQs on the website to try and solve very easy issues like “how to add another calendar” “why isn’t my info syncing between devices” etc. After reading countless review about what is the best calendar app, I finally bit the bullet and bought the iPhone version ($5) and the desktop version ($50). Wrong. The syncing between the two is horrible for reminders that either don't show up at all (even after you add them), or they don't sync so my phone will have the reminder but the desktop won't. If there's a free version then fine this is minor, but since it cost so much money, I'm extremely disappointed. Also, although email customer service is prompt, they keep asking for screenshots over and over and over again (which I sent despite it being an ineffective way to address a syncing problem). I'll give it a 2 because it looks good, but definitely not worth the money.
Good app but missing basic features - 1. It doesn’t support attachments. At all. You simply can’t attach anything to the invitation 2. It still has the same layout as default OS X calendar - that is tiny little pop-up to enter meeting detail, total absence of any possibility to enter rich text as description etc. So, it’s basically default Apple calendar that can stay in your tray and cost you additional money for nothing.
Best Calendar App - I’ve been using Fantastical for a number of years and it works great. No complaints!
Uninstalling due to two factor authentication - What shame! I use Fantastial on all of my devices, and now must uninstall it on Mac. To pay $50 for an app, and then be forced to completely change my sign on and password procedures is ridiculous. I agree with other reviewers that it is only Fantastical that is requiring this. A great app whose developers have made a very bad decision. Too bad.
Uninstalled - Uninstalled today due to their forcing the use of the two-factor authentication.