Fantastical 2 - Calendar and Reminders
Developer: Flexibits Inc.
Current Version: 2.3.6
Last Updated: 11 days ago
Download Size: 12.8 MB - Download
Designed exclusively for macOS, Fantastical 2 includes powerful features such as an incredibly intuitive parsing engine, a full calendar window (with day, week, month, and year views), a quick access mini window, iCloud reminders support, time zone support, and much, much more.
"Fantastical 2 is the calendar app your Mac has been waiting for." - The Verge
"Terrific new version of one of my very favorite apps." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
"It's my favorite calendar app for OS X." - MacStories
"The calendar app you've been waiting for." - iMore
"Fantastical 2 is a crazy-powerful calendar app for your Mac." - Wired
Fantastical 2's natural language event and reminder creation, beautiful calendar views, and ultra-smart event list make it the best calendar and reminders app you'll ever use. Just type in that you have "Lunch with John on Friday at 1pm" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "remind me to Buy Milk on Tuesday" and Fantastical 2 will create a reminder with a due date!
WHAT'S NEW IN FANTASTICAL 2
• Beautiful, all-new design exclusively for macOS
• Full calendar window with Day, Week, Month, and Year views
• macOS Today Widget, Action Extension, and Share Extension
• Handoff support between Fantastical 2 for Mac, Fantastical 2 for iPhone, and Fantastical 2 for iPad
• Calendar sets - quickly toggle multiple calendars on or off with a simple click or automatically when you leave or arrive, based on location
• Maps are now displayed for your locations
• Improved iCloud reminders with a separate reminders list and support for geofenced location-based reminders
• Multiple parser improvements including improved repeating event and reminder support, the ability to add alerts (like "Meeting 3pm alert 1 hour"), time zones, and many other improvements
• Time zone support including floating time zone support
• Dark and light themes
• And much, much more!
THE EASIEST WAY TO ADD EVENTS AND REMINDERS
• Open Fantastical 2 with a single click or keystroke
• Type in your event or reminder details and press return
• That's it!
STAY ON TOP OF YOUR DAY
• The infinite scrolling event list and calendar let you easily locate and plan all of your events and reminders
• Today's past events fade to gray so you can focus on your upcoming events
• Add event notes, URLs, or locations to new or existing events
• Use search to instantly locate your events
WORKS THE WAY YOU DO
• Works with your favorite calendar services with native CalDAV support including iCloud, Google, Yahoo, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and for the first time ever, Japanese
• Start typing your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automagically understand!
Fantastical 2 — the frustration of calendaring has been solved.
- Fixed a potential hang when loading certain recurring events
- Fixed events appearing offset in some time zones
- Fixes when using quotes to perform a literal search
- Improved matching when searching for conference rooms on a CalDAV server
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Most Helpful Reviews
Ambrosia for us mortals. - It takes a lot for me to bother to review an app (I can’t even remember the last one I reviewed), so this is either going to be a really harsh critique or a rave. I’m very happy to say it’s the latter. As others note, the price is a bit steep (but come on: there’s a 21 day demo, get over it!). But if you want a well designed, low profile but very powerful calendar and reminder system, it’s totally worth it: of all the helpful software I have on my Mac, this has by far had the most impact on my productivity. I won’t list all the benefits, since other reviewers have given details, but everything about the thing feels great, development is active, and the seamless Mac -> iOS experience is awesome. Comparing the way I managed my work before and now is like night and day. If Fantastical 2 vanished from my desktop, I’d feel hopelessly adrift in a chaotic sea of unchecked task boxes and missed meetings. Instead, I am like Poseidon, master of the workweek waters. Try it — you too can be a god.
I’ve lost patience with this app - My calendar app needs to be very solid, and Fantastical 2 just isn’t good enough. It has a lots of good features that I like a lot, but it is not trustworthy. Adding is easy, but whenever I change my schedule, I spend more time checking that the change was made correctly than actually making the change. Sometimes drag and drop works, sometimes it crashes the app. The app crashes about once every other day when events are changed. There are other calendar apps that don’t offer the same feature set and are not quite as up-to-date with Apple technologies, but they very rarely crash and I always know what the app is doing. This is a very expensive calendar app and it’s main selling point is speedy additions. That’s worthless if the rest of the app doesn’t work right.
More Reviews for Current Version
Works flawlessly - For years I used Apple’s iCal and native calendar app on my Mac, iPhone and iPad syncing through the cloud. It was problem ridden for me on a regular basis. My bisiness, which is a private therapy practice, is on there with client appointments and information so I need a calendar that works 100% of the time with no glitches. Even 99% of the time with even a slim chance of dropping appoinments would unacceptable. I installed Fantastical 2 on my Mac and devices two years ago and it works like a charm. It was the most money I ever paid for an app, and the best money I ever spent. I prefer the interface to Apple’s Calendar, it’s clean, it’s logical, it syncs between my Mac and devices seamlessly and I haven’t once had even a minor glitch. Also the Fantastical team has been great with staying on top of development which is seen with frequent updates and improvements.
Great UI, but buggy - I love the UI and the pop out window for seeing things at a glance from the menu bar is great, but I find there are a lot of bugs syncing data from Google Calendar. I’m often getting duplicate events when events have been changed and saving some statuses from Fantastical never gets sent to the server. Generally I just find it holds on to stale data a lot. I wish there was a manual sync feature or a way to easily purge local data and re-download from server so I have better control when things start to get out of hand instead of haivng to un/re-install.
Potential for 5 stars - I have loved using Fantastical for the past couple of years, but it is giving me nothing but problems since I have started using iCloud 2 factor authentication. I continue to get pop-ups asking me to sign into iCloud and other error code 403 pop-ups.
Love it!! - I finally bit the bullet and purchased this a few years ago, and immediately fell in love with it. But what really sent me over the edge was the support I received. I was having problems where my Exchange categories never showing up, no option, nothing in the new events, zip zilch, nodda! Sent an email to their team and within 15 minutes I had a response and a solution. The support rep asked for some logs, and then after three or four back and forth emails litterally sent me an updated version of the app to try. Worked! A few more days an updated App Store app shows up to fix it all. Love it for reasons like this.
Horrible user interface and cloud syncing - In month view scrolling is horrible, jumpy and it may scroll one week or more. Continual cloud sync failure notifications. I purchased mainly for month view scrolling which Apple’s Calendar does not support, it failed this simple feature.