Fantastical 2 - Calendar and Reminders
Developer: Flexibits Inc.
Current Version: 2.4.1
Last Updated: 29 days ago
Download Size: 13.1 MB - Download
Designed exclusively for macOS, Fantastical 2 includes powerful features such as an incredibly intuitive parsing engine, a full calendar window (with day, week, month, and year views), a quick access mini window, iCloud reminders support, time zone support, and much, much more.
"Fantastical 2 is the calendar app your Mac has been waiting for." - The Verge
"Terrific new version of one of my very favorite apps." - John Gruber (Daring Fireball)
"It's my favorite calendar app for OS X." - MacStories
"The calendar app you've been waiting for." - iMore
"Fantastical 2 is a crazy-powerful calendar app for your Mac." - Wired
Fantastical 2's natural language event and reminder creation, beautiful calendar views, and ultra-smart event list make it the best calendar and reminders app you'll ever use. Just type in that you have "Lunch with John on Friday at 1pm" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "remind me to Buy Milk on Tuesday" and Fantastical 2 will create a reminder with a due date!
WHAT'S NEW IN FANTASTICAL 2
• Beautiful, all-new design exclusively for macOS
• Full calendar window with Day, Week, Month, and Year views
• macOS Today Widget, Action Extension, and Share Extension
• Handoff support between Fantastical 2 for Mac, Fantastical 2 for iPhone, and Fantastical 2 for iPad
• Calendar sets - quickly toggle multiple calendars on or off with a simple click or automatically when you leave or arrive, based on location
• Maps are now displayed for your locations
• Improved iCloud reminders with a separate reminders list and support for geofenced location-based reminders
• Multiple parser improvements including improved repeating event and reminder support, the ability to add alerts (like "Meeting 3pm alert 1 hour"), time zones, and many other improvements
• Time zone support including floating time zone support
• Dark and light themes
• And much, much more!
THE EASIEST WAY TO ADD EVENTS AND REMINDERS
• Open Fantastical 2 with a single click or keystroke
• Type in your event or reminder details and press return
• That's it!
STAY ON TOP OF YOUR DAY
• The infinite scrolling event list and calendar let you easily locate and plan all of your events and reminders
• Today's past events fade to gray so you can focus on your upcoming events
• Add event notes, URLs, or locations to new or existing events
• Use search to instantly locate your events
WORKS THE WAY YOU DO
• Works with your favorite calendar services with native CalDAV support including iCloud, Google, Yahoo, and more
• Automatically add alarms to your new events
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and for the first time ever, Japanese
• Start typing your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automagically understand!
Fantastical 2 — the frustration of calendaring has been solved.
Welcome to Fantastical 2.4! Please watch our video that highlights some of the new features in Fantastical 2.4 on our videos page: https://flexibits.com/fantastical/videos
- Fixed a crash when syncing with certain CalDAV servers
- Fixed an error when trying to download invalid attachments on some Exchange servers
- Various fixes and improvements
- View, create, and edit attachments on iCloud and Exchange
- View attachments on Google Calendar
- Travel Time!
- Receive notifications when you need to leave to reach an event on time
- Define travel time so you can plan how long it will take to reach an event
- Fantastical will now combine identical events that are on multiple calendars (this can be disabled in the preferences)
- Undo and redo adding, editing, and deleting events and reminders
- Facebook push updates shows new and updated events immediately
- Click “more...” on a busy day in the Month view to show more events and reminders
- Customize the number of weeks shown in the month view
- Include a message when responding to Google Calendar invitations
- The number of guests of invitees is now shown on Google Calendar invitations
- Forward invitations to other people on Exchange accounts
- Click and hold on the Accept, Decline, or Maybe buttons to respond to an Exchange invitation without sending a message to the sender
- Anniversaries from contacts show the year of the anniversary, if available
- Facebook events in secret groups are now shown
- Various fixes and improvements
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful to us. If you think Fantastical is worthy, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks for using Fantastical! :)
Most Helpful Reviews
Ambrosia for us mortals. - It takes a lot for me to bother to review an app (I can’t even remember the last one I reviewed), so this is either going to be a really harsh critique or a rave. I’m very happy to say it’s the latter. As others note, the price is a bit steep (but come on: there’s a 21 day demo, get over it!). But if you want a well designed, low profile but very powerful calendar and reminder system, it’s totally worth it: of all the helpful software I have on my Mac, this has by far had the most impact on my productivity. I won’t list all the benefits, since other reviewers have given details, but everything about the thing feels great, development is active, and the seamless Mac -> iOS experience is awesome. Comparing the way I managed my work before and now is like night and day. If Fantastical 2 vanished from my desktop, I’d feel hopelessly adrift in a chaotic sea of unchecked task boxes and missed meetings. Instead, I am like Poseidon, master of the workweek waters. Try it — you too can be a god.
I’ve lost patience with this app - My calendar app needs to be very solid, and Fantastical 2 just isn’t good enough. It has a lots of good features that I like a lot, but it is not trustworthy. Adding is easy, but whenever I change my schedule, I spend more time checking that the change was made correctly than actually making the change. Sometimes drag and drop works, sometimes it crashes the app. The app crashes about once every other day when events are changed. There are other calendar apps that don’t offer the same feature set and are not quite as up-to-date with Apple technologies, but they very rarely crash and I always know what the app is doing. This is a very expensive calendar app and it’s main selling point is speedy additions. That’s worthless if the rest of the app doesn’t work right.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great Improvements - This app has made major improvements and highly recommend it. Time to Leave is now available which is awesome. Since it’s not available on iOS yet, it’s not too practical, but imagine that will be available quite soon. Currently it does not support push for iCloud, and iCloud is required for syncing your reminders. This maybe a limitation of Apple however, not sure. Attachments are now possible which is awesome, however not available for Google Calendars meaning the power users who want attachments the most won’t be able to use them, but imagine this maybe a Google limitation. Even though this is not a dedicated Reminder app, it’s accurate human parsing and menu bar app, and Alfred integration make it my desired choice for Calendar and Reminder entries which I think go hand and hand. Apps like Things and Todoist blow Fantastical away in regards to features for reminders, but that is primarily because it’s limited by the features of Apple Reminders which hasn’t seen new features in years. Most notably no sub tasks, tags, etc. Looks like it maybe another year at least until Apple gives Reminders some love or longer so Fantastical can add those features. So all in all, the app is very good, and the things holding it back are limitations from third parties in my opinion.
Finally Upgraded From V1 & I’m Very Happy - I bought Fantastical V1 right when it was first released and have loved it right up till this morning. I held off upgrading when V2 came out because I was perfectly happy with the last version of V1, and didn’t feel like spending the money. It was an expensive upgrade back then as now. However, the latest version has improved on things to the point where I felt it was only right and proper that I upgrade, though I’m still not happy about the pricing, and, despite that, I’m happy that I did so: from the new color schemes to the wealth of additional data that’s now available (time to leave, which I want to see if it works with public transportation here in NYC), I’m happy. Had there been a reduced price for those upgrading (on top of a generally lower price overall), even so long after V2 first came out, this would’ve been a 5-star review. Instead, a star loss because of the price. If you’re still using V1, I think it’s time to come around and support the developer, despite the lack of an upgrade price. If you’ve never used it before, you’ll be very happy with it. The ease of the drop-down calendar from the top-line menu is simply terrific and I’ve used that all the time.
Uninstalled - Uninstalled today due to their forcing the use of the two-factor authentication. Blaning Apple is a cheesy way of avoiding a bad decision on their part.
Two Factor Authorization - Well Fantastical 2 was a brillian app, I enjoyed using it on my iphone, ipad and MacBook Pro Touch Bar. Well, suddenly 2.4.1 came out and now it requires you to use TWO FACTOR AUTHORIZATION and says that APPLE requires it!!! I don’t use TWO factor on anything!! This app on mac costs $50. This is ridiculous! Update your freaking app so that we can use it how we want! Besides this, great app, but now its just $50 that I’ve flushed down the toilet.Remember guys, this is a calender app!
Great App - Yes, it is expensive but it’s worth it. Integration with reminders make this a great way to keep track of tasks as well as appointments.