Evernote – stay organized
Current Version: 6.12.2
Last Updated: 7 hours ago
Download Size: 56.5 MB - Download
Let Evernote change the way you organize your personal and professional projects. Dive in: take notes, create to-do lists, and save things you find online into Evernote. We’ll sync everything between your phone, tablet, and computer automatically.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized:
• Write, collect and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists and to-do lists
• Take notes in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, audio, video, PDFs, web clippings and more
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, handwritten notes and drawings
• Use Evernote as a digital notepad and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts as they come
Evernote gives you the ability to sync your content across devices:
• Sync everything automatically across any computer, phone or tablet
• Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
• Add a passcode lock to the mobile app for more privacy
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss and collaborate productively with others:
• Create, share and discuss with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
• Search within pictures and annotate images to give quick feedback
• Develop your projects faster and let multiple participants work on different aspects
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal checklists to keep your thoughts organized
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
• Gather, capture and store every thought you need to stay productive
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings or parties
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Create agendas, write memos and craft presentations
• Annotate documents with comments and thoughts during team meetings, then share with colleagues
• Get your projects underway faster and maximise productivity by letting multiple participants access and work on different aspects alongside each other
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss a vital thought
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research
• Plan and collaborate for better academic group work
Also available from Evernote:
EVERNOTE PLUS - More space. More devices. More freedom.
• 1 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Save emails to Evernote
$3.99 monthly, $34.99 annually
EVERNOTE PREMIUM - The ultimate workspace.
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline on your mobile device
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
• Show notes as presentations, instantly
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
New for Version 6.12.2: A fix where text when copied from Evernote and pasted into another app sometimes has additional punctuation and other characters added to it
New for Version 6.12.1: A fix for a crash some users are encountering on quitting the app
*Major improvements to tables!*
Some highlights of what you can do with tables now:
Add more rows and columns with a single click: Point to where you want a new column and click the plus button that appears.
Select the contents of a cell by clicking and dragging.
Choose the entire column or row just by clicking the header.
Drag and drop entire rows & columns.
Copy and paste multiple cells: Select the cells you want to move, copy them, move cursor to a new spot and paste all the cells with one click.
Adjust the width of one column without affecting the width of the column next to it.
Scroll horizontally to view a table with many columns without expanding your window.
Hover within a cell to activate advanced table options.
- You can distribute columns evenly
- Match the table width to the width of your window
- Change the alignment of items within cells
- Add and change background colors
*New image gallery*
Double-click on an image to enter the gallery mode, which allows you to quickly browse all the images in your note.
Keep your Evernote content organized using tabs. Create a new tab by selecting the 'New Tab' option under the File menu.
Pick up from where you left off - if you exit the app and reopen it, you'll return to your previously opened windows / state.
*Separation of Business and Personal*
No longer intermingle your business and personal content in your Evernote experience but still multi-task when you need to.
*Other bug fixes & changes*
We’ve fixed several bugs that users reported including:
Evernote does not update business tags list after the sync
Pasting a large amount of text into a note fails with no error message
An intermittent crash on account switching
Updated Notebooks view
Most Helpful Reviews
Evernote is a versatile and very useful program - I have been using Evernote on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone for a few years. I really enjoy it. It syncs between these devices very well. They have done a really good job with design and continued improvements. The more I use it, the more useful it becomes. It is like your own personal Internet in which to search for the things that are important to you, things that matter to you, and among info that is yours. When in doubt… save it to Evernote…you never know when you might need the info. I recommend searching online for use cases and learning about that and applying it to how you use this program. They are just so many useful ways in which to use this program. I’ve gone paperless as much a possible and so everything is in Evernote. I can be anywhere out doing business and always have all my data and documents at my fingertips if needed. Amazing.
I hate Evernote - WARNING: Evernote is YET ANOTHER cloud-based app that promises you the moon, makes massive promises about how they will nimbly and carefully manage our extremely valuable and mission-critical data: it sync across devices, it makes our life easier, etc. Now, after loading Evernote with over one hundred files, it now refuses to sync across my devices. There is no fix in sight, and support is condescending at best. The forum answers I’ve received are down right patronizing. In the end, it’s a frustrating and miserable failure, waste of time, and ultimately, very dangerous. Trust me, I’m not working for their competition, unlike the hordes of obvious astroturfers who’ve been paid to give the app five stars. (huh?!) As a matter of fact, I hate all the cloud-based note-taking and storage apps— they are seemingly all flawed to the extent that they simply cannot be trusted anymore with mission-critical data and files. I recommend local back ups to friends and colleagues at this point. for those who have ears to hear…..
More Reviews for Current Version
Still the best - I have tried several other packages (Simplenote, DayOne, OneNote, Apple's Notes to name a few) for managing my notes of late and none have been viable enough to drop my Evernote account or migrate anyting over. It remains the best multi-platform client/web based package with the most integrations and capacity to push running changes into a unified location that has in some instances for me replaced Google for every-day stuff that I should be remembering. OH, and REALLY liking your other product Scannable to pull stuff into Evernote, Save PDF’s, etc. Tough to find ones that auto-crop the dumb documents as you scan them in… Great gob Evernote!
Manual sync is still not working - I love Evernote. I use it constantly. I paid for a Premium subscription. I sync to 3 mobile devices and my Mac. So I am really frustrated with how poorly the past 3 updates have been handled. Maybe some other stuff is broken but since 2 updates ago it syncs whenever it wants, like right in the middle of typing a note and I lose the last 2 or 3 sentences that I typed. Yes I have it set to manually sync so it should not be syncing o it's own at all. I've submitted 2 tickets already and got no response to either. So I'm migrating my big notes to Google Docs and hope this issue is resolved soon before I cancel my premium subscription.
Horrible lag - I was hoping this would get better with the recent update, but it hasn’t. Frequently, when I’m working in a note, the spinning rainbow wheel of death pops up. It either will go away after about 10 seconds so I can get back to work, or it freezes the app and I have to force quite and reboot. Please fix, this is very hampering to productivity and the app’s usefullness.
Formating STILL no working properly! - Really? Another update and no fixingd???
Can’t live without it - I’m a research scientist so I make a lot notes on paper and white board and evernote lets me scan them all with my phone and keep them in one place. I also keep lot of code snippets and teaching presentation PDFs in there.I just wish they would add some Latex capability.