Evernote – stay organized
Current Version: 6.10
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 56.8 MB - Download
Let Evernote change the way you organize your personal and professional projects. Dive in: take notes, create to-do lists, and save things you find online into Evernote. We’ll sync everything between your phone, tablet, and computer automatically.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized:
• Write, collect and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists and to-do lists
• Take notes in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, audio, video, PDFs, web clippings and more
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, handwritten notes and drawings
• Use Evernote as a digital notepad and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts as they come
Evernote gives you the ability to sync your content across devices:
• Sync everything automatically across any computer, phone or tablet
• Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
• Add a passcode lock to the mobile app for more privacy
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss and collaborate productively with others:
• Create, share and discuss with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
• Search within pictures and annotate images to give quick feedback
• Develop your projects faster and let multiple participants work on different aspects
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal checklists to keep your thoughts organized
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
• Gather, capture and store every thought you need to stay productive
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings or parties
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Create agendas, write memos and craft presentations
• Annotate documents with comments and thoughts during team meetings, then share with colleagues
• Get your projects underway faster and maximise productivity by letting multiple participants access and work on different aspects alongside each other
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss a vital thought
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research
• Plan and collaborate for better academic group work
Also available from Evernote:
EVERNOTE PLUS - More space. More devices. More freedom.
• 1 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Save emails to Evernote
$3.99 monthly, $34.99 annually
EVERNOTE PREMIUM - The ultimate workspace.
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline on your mobile device
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
• Show notes as presentations, instantly
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Important under the hood changes to the note editing experience lay the groundwork for even more improvements in the future.
Select functionality and crash issues.
Most Helpful Reviews
Evernote is a versatile and very useful program - I have been using Evernote on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone for a few years. I really enjoy it. It syncs between these devices very well. They have done a really good job with design and continued improvements. The more I use it, the more useful it becomes. It is like your own personal Internet in which to search for the things that are important to you, things that matter to you, and among info that is yours. When in doubt… save it to Evernote…you never know when you might need the info. I recommend searching online for use cases and learning about that and applying it to how you use this program. They are just so many useful ways in which to use this program. I’ve gone paperless as much a possible and so everything is in Evernote. I can be anywhere out doing business and always have all my data and documents at my fingertips if needed. Amazing.
I hate Evernote - WARNING: Evernote is YET ANOTHER cloud-based app that promises you the moon, makes massive promises about how they will nimbly and carefully manage our extremely valuable and mission-critical data: it sync across devices, it makes our life easier, etc. Now, after loading Evernote with over one hundred files, it now refuses to sync across my devices. There is no fix in sight, and support is condescending at best. The forum answers I’ve received are down right patronizing. In the end, it’s a frustrating and miserable failure, waste of time, and ultimately, very dangerous. Trust me, I’m not working for their competition, unlike the hordes of obvious astroturfers who’ve been paid to give the app five stars. (huh?!) As a matter of fact, I hate all the cloud-based note-taking and storage apps— they are seemingly all flawed to the extent that they simply cannot be trusted anymore with mission-critical data and files. I recommend local back ups to friends and colleagues at this point. for those who have ears to hear…..
More Reviews for Current Version
In app ads - The CONSTANT asking of if I want an upgrade makes me want nothing to do with this app anymore. I’ve been a constant user for a few years and have always recommended it to others. However, my needs are completely met by the basic service. The constant (seems like at least once a week) asking if I want to upgrade is obnoxious and invasive. It’s turned what used to be an incredible and elegant app into something akin to spyware or a virus. If this doesn’t change soon I will move to another note taking service. Perhaps even Microsoft. They seem even less annoying than this currently.
Where’d multiple windows go? - I use Evernote to organize all of my research and writing for my dissertation – as such, Evernote has been my lifeline for years. There are so many things that are great about it, but a few updates ago they took away the easy ability to have more than one window (note) open at once. While you can select multiple notes and option-click to “open notes in a new window” this solution is frequently buggy and either blacks out the entire screen or erases the text in one of the notes. Please bring this feature back!
Apple Notes is nearly the same... - You have such a head start over every other note app out there… and yet you rest on your laurels. Apple Notes update in the new OS is nearly every bit as good as your app AND it offers drawing. OneNote by Microsoft is also much more powerful, also offers drawing, integration with many other apps, etc. You are falling behnid. This is your wake-up call… you are becoming irrelevant. Two things that could go a LONG way…. offer INTEGRATED drawing functionality — even more important with iPad pro coming out. Your penultimate is weak because it’s outside of evernote. Drawing only works if it’s one click away, fully integrated. Second, improve your UI… it’s so vanilla. Add themes. Let me customize it.
Mac Version Now Useless - The Mac version of the app used to be great, but now it doesn’t seem to work at all. I can’t clip and save anything. I was once considering purchasing a premium subscription, but now there’s absolutely no chance of that happening. It’s unreal how such a simple thing is completely broken in the newer version. This is one reason why I never, ever update apps. I wish I wouldn’t have installed the latest updates to this one. It would probably still work.
Major decline of the Mac app - I have been using Evernote for years, and all along I was a vocal advocate for this app. I recommend it to friends all the time. For me, PDF annotation, the search functionality, and organizational tools are all indispensable features. I rely so heavily on Evernote on my Mac and on my phone for school, work, and my personal notes because it is so robust and reliable. Unfortunately Evernote for Mac has violated that reliability over the last few months. First PDF annotation became slower and somewhat buggy. When MacOS Sierra launched, PDF annotation stopped functioning completely, and in general the Mac app has multiple difficulties handling embedded PDFs now. Text input has also become extremely frustrating — Evernote frequently adds extra return lines while I’m working with bulletted lists, and randomly becomes unable to format text unless I relaunch the app. Overall, my experience with EN for Mac has gone from outstanding to extremely frustrating in just a few months. I’ve worked with tech support in depth on these issues back in September, and ultimately they just told me they had no fix and that they were working on it. I’m afraid that the change of leadership at Evernote is having a negative effect—I hope it turns around soon!