Evernote – stay organized
Current Version: 6.11
Last Updated: 14 days ago
Download Size: 56.9 MB - Download
Let Evernote change the way you organize your personal and professional projects. Dive in: take notes, create to-do lists, and save things you find online into Evernote. We’ll sync everything between your phone, tablet, and computer automatically.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized:
• Write, collect and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists and to-do lists
• Take notes in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, audio, video, PDFs, web clippings and more
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, handwritten notes and drawings
• Use Evernote as a digital notepad and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts as they come
Evernote gives you the ability to sync your content across devices:
• Sync everything automatically across any computer, phone or tablet
• Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
• Add a passcode lock to the mobile app for more privacy
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss and collaborate productively with others:
• Create, share and discuss with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
• Search within pictures and annotate images to give quick feedback
• Develop your projects faster and let multiple participants work on different aspects
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal checklists to keep your thoughts organized
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
• Gather, capture and store every thought you need to stay productive
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings or parties
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Create agendas, write memos and craft presentations
• Annotate documents with comments and thoughts during team meetings, then share with colleagues
• Get your projects underway faster and maximise productivity by letting multiple participants access and work on different aspects alongside each other
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss a vital thought
• Clip and highlight articles from the web for academic research
• Plan and collaborate for better academic group work
Also available from Evernote:
EVERNOTE PLUS - More space. More devices. More freedom.
• 1 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Save emails to Evernote
$3.99 monthly, $34.99 annually
EVERNOTE PREMIUM - The ultimate workspace.
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline on your mobile device
• Save emails to Evernote
• Search inside Office docs and attachments
• Annotate PDFs
• Scan and digitize business cards
• Show notes as presentations, instantly
$7.99 monthly, $69.99 annually
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
Touch Bar support for the latest MacBook Pros allows quick access to key navigation and note editing commands.
We've fixed several issues people were having with notes:
- Search terms weren’t highlighted in notes for some searches
- Clicking on an attachment sometimes caused the note to scroll up, making it hard to open attachments
- Shift + arrow up or down did not highlight if the line above or below was blank
- Shift + enter did not create a non-bulleted line in a bulleted list
- Couldn’t delete the leftmost column in a table if the top cell is formatted
- Line breaks were unexpectedly removed after syncing some notes originally created on iPhone
- Content copied from a PDF sometimes could not be pasted into a note
- Applying Simplify Formatting to clipped notes removed returns
- If the last item in a list was blank, it disappeared when users navigated away and then back to the note
- Couldn’t remove indents from text in some notes created in earlier versions of Evernote
- In tables, if you triple clicked to select the content and then cut, you would be unable to focus on the cell
- If you added a new checklist item in the middle of an existing checklist, one character of a checklist item might be unexpectedly deleted
Most Helpful Reviews
Evernote is a versatile and very useful program - I have been using Evernote on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone for a few years. I really enjoy it. It syncs between these devices very well. They have done a really good job with design and continued improvements. The more I use it, the more useful it becomes. It is like your own personal Internet in which to search for the things that are important to you, things that matter to you, and among info that is yours. When in doubt… save it to Evernote…you never know when you might need the info. I recommend searching online for use cases and learning about that and applying it to how you use this program. They are just so many useful ways in which to use this program. I’ve gone paperless as much a possible and so everything is in Evernote. I can be anywhere out doing business and always have all my data and documents at my fingertips if needed. Amazing.
I hate Evernote - WARNING: Evernote is YET ANOTHER cloud-based app that promises you the moon, makes massive promises about how they will nimbly and carefully manage our extremely valuable and mission-critical data: it sync across devices, it makes our life easier, etc. Now, after loading Evernote with over one hundred files, it now refuses to sync across my devices. There is no fix in sight, and support is condescending at best. The forum answers I’ve received are down right patronizing. In the end, it’s a frustrating and miserable failure, waste of time, and ultimately, very dangerous. Trust me, I’m not working for their competition, unlike the hordes of obvious astroturfers who’ve been paid to give the app five stars. (huh?!) As a matter of fact, I hate all the cloud-based note-taking and storage apps— they are seemingly all flawed to the extent that they simply cannot be trusted anymore with mission-critical data and files. I recommend local back ups to friends and colleagues at this point. for those who have ears to hear…..
More Reviews for Current Version
Hosed Table Formatting on Mac - Terrible; without warning version 6.11 for Mac desktop changed table column width and row height. This unhappy user will have to decide whether it’s worth it to try to fix formatting manually, or finally make the switch to Mac Notes. Grr.
Great App - Quick search on notes, ability to share amongst devices, make this one of my most used apps. They have been very responsive to questions. All in all a great experience.
None better & just keeps getting better. - Have used Evernote for years across 5 Mac devices. (2-iMacs, 1-Air, 1-Ipad, 1 Phone). I travel extensively, mostly domestic, managing the health, welfare & travel of 35 horses and support farms. Evernote is the one app I use more than any other app. (Like every 30 minutes or so) The unique thing about Evernote, is that you never have the think about. It just works and syncs. Everytime. It’s untitive. They keep improving, but do so without blowing up the user experience. I never thought to say thank-you to Evernote, until now. 120% satisfied.
Eats PDFs and upsells - I saved several PDFs to evernote, thinking it was a safe place to store them. When I tried to open them, I got an error message that my trial subscription for that feature had expired (even though I was a paid subscriber)… and it said I’d have to upgrade to premium to see the files. I upgraded, followed all the instructions, and NADA… the pdfs are all “corrupted.” HOURS of work is now lost, and I upgraded for nothing. Am downgrading, and will hate this app forever. TOTAL BS that it insisted that I upgrade, only to find that the files aren’t accessible anyway. FAIL.
The #1 Program App I use every day - can’t work without it! - I can’t say enough good things about Evernote. It is a digital companion to my brain. Everything I create starts as a note in Evernote. Every important thing I save ends up as a note in Evernote. The ability to automaticlly sync between multiple devices is the best thing about this program. It was one of the first things I ever encountered that worked “in the cloud” before we talked about “the cloud.” As a writer, data loss is devestating. My use of this program started out as a way to keep/save/sync everything I wrote. It has evolved beyond that. I copy+paste (and compose) a lot of HTML in code - Evernote is able to handle code, rich text, imagery. The flexibility is amazing.