Erato - Markdown Text Editor
Developer: Nine Muses
Current Version: 1.4.5
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 666.2 KB - Download
Erato is a gorgeous Markdown composer with live preview!
It offers full support for regular Markdown syntax, GitHub flavored markdown, YAML front matter and parts of the MultiMarkdown specification.
# Smart composer
- Syntax highlighted Markdown
- Autocompletion for lists, task lists and block quotes
- Automatic indentation for code blocks
# GitHub flavored Markdown
- Fenced code blocks (with syntax highlighting)
- Task lists
- Friendly line breaks
- Automatic escaping_of_underlined_words
- Automatic linking
# Support for commonly used MultiMarkdown features
- YAML front matter support
- Create your own Erato themes
- Both the composer and the preview can be toggled on and off when you need to focus.
- Document export as HTML or PDF
# Built with modern technologies
- Full retina support
- Autosaves your documents: you won't lose your work
- Versions: access older revisions of your document
- QuickLook support
I love to hear your feedback! Get in touch at [email protected]
- Fixes issues with YAML frontmatter parsing
- Decreases the minimum size for the document window
Most Helpful Reviews
Great! Few minor quibbles. - Erato is a great little app, and is perfect in its simple execution. I moved from Marked app which kept crashing despite several attempts to fix it via their support pages. A few minor annoyances: - Does not render tables. - Does not render strikeout. As a whole the app is great, I hope it continues to get updated to fix these issues.
More Reviews for Current Version
Simple - I love this app. I do a lot of writing that ultimately ends up in github. I was looking for an editor that used github flavored markdown and decided to give Erato a try. It’s simple and easy to use, and the preview was exactly what I was looking for.