En-Ru Speak It Up
Developer: Dmytro Rybachenko
Current Version: 1.5.2
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 50.6 MB - Download
Do you learn Russian or English? Do you want to watch your favorite movies in original language? Do you want to quickly memorize new foreign words? Do not waste your precious time, try Speak It Up!
«Speak It Up» is award winning new system for learning Russian/English from ABC, or improving your linguistic skills. The program contains 2200+ flash cards and covers the most common words, word combinations and sentences. We gave special attention to the pronunciation and emphasized on everyday language.
* MEMORY BOOSTER *
The program is equipped with special memorizing tool - Memory Booster. It involves well-known ways of words memorizing - force memorizing, word to sound associations and word to word associations. Launch Memory Booster, explore all options and enjoy words memorizing!
* learn in active/passive mode
* use your audible and visual memory to learn new words with powerful Memory Booster
* change the frequency of flashing cards
* set the program working area for the most comfort layout
* turn on/off any language audio
* prioritize the words
* manage the app with system-wide hot keys
* full editing control – add, edit or delete any record, and create your own vocabulary
* RECORD YOUR OWN SOUNDS
* totally customizable look and feel
* NATIVE SPEAKER AUDIO (and not computer generated)
* powerful search engine
* for better memorizing the program window appears on top of your desktop – you learn Russian/English during all the time you spend behind the computer.
* the collection is constantly updated - there is always something new to discover
* … and much more!
What are the benefits?
- You will be able to use the most common 2200+ words and phrases already in several weeks. These 2200+ words and phrases represent the majority of written words used in Russian/English.
- Our hand-picked vocabulary is the cornerstone of every language. It will allow you to communicate with all English and Russian speaking world.
- New foreign words become more and more familiar to you in a very short time.
- You will feel and improve your language sense.
- You will greatly improve your own pronunciation and will be able to easily recognize spoken foreign language.
Enjoy the program and the results!
Bug fixes and stability improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Хорошая программа - Продолжайте совершенствовать вашу чудесную программу! Добавляйте дополнительные упражнения. Nevertheless you get my Like :)
Worst software ever - This application is completely unusuable. The audio portion of the Russian words and phrases are recorded at all different volume levels. Some are recorded at a whisper, so that you have turn your computer volume up to the max. Then along comes a word that is recorded loudly, practically breaking your eardrums. And that's the just the beginning of the problems. The software makers suggest that you can learn a foreign language by having it playing in the background while you're doing other tasks, which is a complete fantasy. Not well-thought out and not helpful. The app comes with a list of 2259 Russian words in no particular order on which it tests you. But that's not how language learning works. You begin with a small set of basic words and phrases, master those, and then move on to another set, gradually learning longer phrases and more uncommon words. You'd think the app designers would have taken a little trouble to divide the words up into small managable sets, from basic to advanced. But no, they apparently couldn't be bothered in their rush to get this app to market. True, you can mark which words you have "already learnt" and which are "half-learnt," but that doesn't solve the problem of needing small managable word sets. Another big problem is with how the flashcards work. They just go automatically, from word to word, at a preset speed. Flashcards should be completely click-driven (at least as an option), so I can go at my own pace, going quickly through what I already know, and slowing down for new material. Another problem is that the written and spoken word (in the target language, either Russian or English) appear simultaneously. It would be better to give the written word first, so the novice can try to sound out the word on his or her own, then proceed to the spoken word, then to the word in the other (your own) language. Deciphering the sound of words from the spelling is a needed skill for language learners, but this app gives one no chance to work on that. The second part of this app is a card game like "memory," which involves matching cards. While this might be a barely tolerable way to waste away the time, it's not an efficient way to learn a foreign language.