Elmedia Video Player
Developer: Eltima LLC
Current Version: 6.7.2
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 29.7 MB - Download
Elmedia Video Player is a free media player for Mac OS. It can play pretty much any file type, be it AVI, MP4, FLV, WMV, MKV, MP3, M4V etc. Elmedia Video Player is an all-in-one solution, that doesn't call for any additional plugins or codecs.
This player has a wonderful HD experience to offer to its users thanks to a native hardware accelerated decoding that unloads the processor and brings the smooth and clean video onto the screen.
**Elmedia Player is available for Apple TV now!**
Video and audio playback
* Keep the player on top of all apps to never miss a moment of the movie.
* Will play any audio track including external.
* Offers its own volume control.
* Works great with various subtitles files. Supports Eastern Asian languages, Arabic, Hebrew, etc.
* Lets you create & manage playlists.
* Fit the image to your screen.
* Adjust the playback speed.
* When watching a movie with subtitles Elmedia Video Player can put them in perfect sync with the video in case there is some mismatch.
* No conversion needed to play a DVD or a video that was copied from DVD.
Elmedia Video Player PRO is available via in-app purchase.
**Extra useful features of Elmedia Video Player PRO!**
* Adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, and more even during playback.
* Make the sound perfect for your ears with a 10-band equalizer. Choose one of existing presets (Large Hall, Party, etc.) or create your own unique sound.
* Make a screenshot of any moment in the movie or make the entire video a series of pictures with adjustable interval.
* Take the most out of virtual surround and speakers emulation.
* Select the output device for audio.
* Transmit AC-3/DTS through S/PDIF.
* A couple of other convenient playback possibilities:
Select the language for the sound and subtitles;
Set up which monitor will show fullscreen;
Flip, rotate and mirror the video;
Loop any part of movie or music video continuously;
Deinterlace and image enhancement.
* AirPlay! Elmedia Video Player can stream and receive AirPlay content. Send any music and videos from an AirPlay device to Elmedia Video Player or vice versa from Mac with player installed to another Mac with Elmedia Video Player or other AirPlay app. Subtitles and external sound tracks are supported for streaming as well as the playlist repeat and shuffle options.
Elmedia Video Player works well with Myo armband - all details at http://goo.gl/SLqbQL.
NOTE: If you updated Elmedia Video Player to Version 6.7 and did not find download option there, please contact our support team.
Improved: handling various video/audio formats.
Fixed: focus loss upon switching to the full-screen mode.
Other minor fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Most Helpful Reviews
Plays smoothly - Plays 2gb files smoothly when VLC and Quicktime stutter.
This app doesn’t even rate a star - Once again Etima has promised something and not delivered, and that something in this case is downloads from ytube. If you go to the Etima website and read all of the things that this package in the pro version (in-app purchase) then included is that list is the ability to download videos from tube. Well, guess what; only the one you purchase from their website - for twice as much - will do that. The app from the apple store will not. And the video from this device is no better than that of VLC, which is completely free. Save your money - these guys are deceivers in the worst way.
More Reviews for Current Version
Woorks Fine! - Installed on my iMac with the simple purpose of playing video files. Has worked without any issues.
What a mistake - Would not auto open subtitles, then I find out the reason is: "Note: In the Mac App Store versions of Elmedia Player subtitles may not be loaded automatically because the app has restricted access to the file system. In this case you should either specify the path to your videos via the General → Movie folder option in Preferences, or drag and drop the respective directory onto Elmedia Player’s window or its icon in the Dock.” So I try all the above and still no subtitles. I uninstall app store version and install the web version, and still no subtitles. Good grief! I should have stayed with VLC.
Does not play MKV files - I purchased their Elmedia Pro and the Elmedia Go and for some reason, their players do not play MKV files on my iMac. All my MKV works well using VLC player, Movist, NicePlayer, SupremePlayer Lite, DivX Pro, Quick Time Player 7, etc. and hose players are FREE of charge!! Been working with Eltima’s tech support for a while now and with no solution. They drilled me to make sure I provided them my receipt for proof of purchase on both Elmedia Player Pro and Elmedia Go. Almost feels as if they’re annoyed to assist me with their product. So far, not a good experience with Eltima. Perhaps it could be a language barrier? I do not know.
Not too great for an mp3 player - I realize now this is meant for video more so, but I was looking for a nice free MP3 player independent from iTunes. Elmedia crashed on me trying to drag and drop all 2500 of my MP3s into its playlist at once, so I had to add them about 200 at a time. Once they were in there, the shuffle didn’t work… almost at all. If you let it play, and it naturally advanced to the next song, it would shuffle, most of the time. But it did relatively often cycle back to something it already played recently, plus I had Repeat turned off, so I don’t know why it would do that. Most annoying, with shuffle on, if you click Next track, it STILL just advances to the next sorted track in the playlist and not a random song. After 2 days of fighting with it, I’ve uninstalled. :(