Elmedia Video Player
Developer: Eltima LLC
Current Version: 6.8
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 29.8 MB - Download
Elmedia Video Player is a free media player for Mac OS. It can play pretty much any file type, be it AVI, MP4, FLV, WMV, MKV, MP3, M4V etc. Elmedia Video Player is an all-in-one solution, that doesn't call for any additional plugins or codecs.
**Elmedia Player is available for Apple TV now!**
This player has a wonderful HD experience to offer to its users thanks to a native hardware accelerated decoding that unloads the processor and brings the smooth and clean video onto the screen.
Video and audio playback
* Keep the player on top of all apps to never miss a moment of the movie.
* Will play any audio track including external.
* Offers its own volume control.
* Works great with various subtitles files. Supports Eastern Asian languages, Arabic, Hebrew, etc.
* Lets you create & manage playlists.
* Fit the image to your screen.
* Adjust the playback speed.
* When watching a movie with subtitles Elmedia Video Player can put them in perfect sync with the video in case there is some mismatch.
* No conversion needed to play a DVD or a video that was copied from DVD.
Elmedia Video Player PRO is available via in-app purchase.
**Extra useful features of Elmedia Video Player PRO!**
* Adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, and more even during playback.
* Make the sound perfect for your ears with a 10-band equalizer. Choose one of existing presets (Large Hall, Party, etc.) or create your own unique sound.
* Make a screenshot of any moment in the movie or make the entire video a series of pictures with adjustable interval.
* Take the most out of virtual surround and speakers emulation.
* Select the output device for audio.
* Transmit AC-3/DTS through S/PDIF.
* A couple of other convenient playback possibilities:
Select the language for the sound and subtitles;
Set up which monitor will show fullscreen;
Flip, rotate and mirror the video;
Loop any part of movie or music video continuously;
Deinterlace and image enhancement.
* AirPlay! Elmedia Video Player can stream and receive AirPlay content. Send any music and videos from an AirPlay device to Elmedia Video Player or vice versa from Mac with player installed to another Mac with Elmedia Video Player or other AirPlay app. Subtitles and external sound tracks are supported for streaming as well as the playlist repeat and shuffle options.
Elmedia Video Player works well with Myo armband - all details at http://goo.gl/SLqbQL.
NOTE: If you updated Elmedia Video Player to Version 6.8 and did not find download option there, please contact our support team.
Added: an ability to adjust the playback speed of the audio files.
Lots of fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Most Helpful Reviews
Plays smoothly - Plays 2gb files smoothly when VLC and Quicktime stutter.
This app doesn’t even rate a star - Once again Etima has promised something and not delivered, and that something in this case is downloads from ytube. If you go to the Etima website and read all of the things that this package in the pro version (in-app purchase) then included is that list is the ability to download videos from tube. Well, guess what; only the one you purchase from their website - for twice as much - will do that. The app from the apple store will not. And the video from this device is no better than that of VLC, which is completely free. Save your money - these guys are deceivers in the worst way.
More Reviews for Current Version
Another app that forces you to buy full version - Another scam. Installed and started to stream to my apple TV and the system was continually stopped to advertise full version. I was never able to complete my viewing. This kind of scam just makes me spend my money els ware. Beware not free. Dont scam us.
INITIALLY I THOUGHT this a great Video Veiwing App CONSTANT NAG TO RESOTRE PURCHASE FROM App Store - I initially really liked this video player, because it plays so many different formats that other palyers like won’t like QuickTime won’t. But, THIS APP HAS AN INCREDIBLY ANNOYING TRAIT, if you go premium and buy the PRO version of the app…then everytime you launch the app you ARE REQUIRED TO RESTORE TEH PRO APP FROM THE App Store, Everytime, without fail. I can’t stand it anymore. It’s been happeneing for at least a YEAR and no fix yet. Why can IT REMEMBER that I’ve been a paying customer for YEARS. It’s so annoying, that I avoid using this app if at all possible. It’s totally worse than the upgrade nag screen on the free version. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB move on the developer’s part to require CONSTANT RESTORING OF PURCHASE from App Store. Ultimately, I can’t favorably endorse an app that is so annoying, that I avoid it like the plague. Who need that, there’s plenty of video players that don’t do that. Is the security of the app so important that you have to make it extremely annoying to use on every sinlge launch by requiring RESTORE PURCHASE. NOT FOR ME!
I Will Be Using Something Else - This is a nice looking video player and I was hoping it would be a replacement for QuickTime, as QuickTime has limited video file type support and I have been experiencing an annoying issue with the player. Elmedia Video Player has been able play every video format I’ve thrown at it and it remembers the spot you were at in the video when you close the video so you don’t need to look for where you left off when you reopen the video. It gives you the option to start the video from the beginning in case you don’t want to resume. However, I discovered that some videos start out funny, pixelated and what not, when they start out fine in other video players. Also, when closing a video that has been paused, I often hear sound for a split second like the video started playing again right before it closed. The video player also rotated a video once automatically. I think it was because the player felt the video was too tall. The issue is that I didn’t want that video rotated and there is no way to stop the player from doing that. Note that you cannot rotate videos in the free version, so it could not be rotated back. Another issue I have is that the controler takes too long to disappear. The controller hovers over the video window same as in QuickTime, however, while it goes away right away in QuickTime, in Elmedia it hangs for what feels like a full second leading it to get in the way. So for the reasons I mentioned above, especially the issue where some videos start off pixelated and what not, I will likely be using another video player.
Works alright but - Incessantly , Well maybe not incessantly but has asked me several times to sign in with my Apple ID. To register the pro add on so basically if it would just leave me alone I might give it a better rating. Other than the registration the app works good .
SALAMA Youssef - Really Elmedia Player application is superb, Very fast, don't slow down my Macbook pro mid 2012 at startup.