Elmedia Video Player
Developer: Eltima LLC
Current Version: 6.9.1
Last Updated: 14 days ago
Download Size: 30.6 MB - Download
Elmedia Video Player is a free media player for Mac OS. It can play pretty much any file type, be it AVI, MP4, FLV, WMV, MKV, MP3, M4V etc. Elmedia Video Player is an all-in-one solution, that doesn't call for any additional plugins or codecs.
**Elmedia Player is available for Apple TV now!**
This player has a wonderful HD experience to offer to its users thanks to a native hardware accelerated decoding that unloads the processor and brings the smooth and clean video onto the screen.
Video and audio playback
* Keep the player on top of all apps to never miss a moment of the movie.
* Will play any audio track including external.
* Offers its own volume control.
* Works great with various subtitles files. Supports Eastern Asian languages, Arabic, Hebrew, etc.
* Lets you create & manage playlists.
* Fit the image to your screen.
* Adjust the playback speed.
*Audio: mp3, m4a, wma, aac, ac3, aiff, ape, flac, mka, ogg, pcm, ra, vaw, waw, wav, aif, oga, caf, midi, mid, acm, dts, mpa, webm
*Video: 3gp, avi, mp4, mpeg, vob, flv, mov, mkv, 3iv, asf, fli, m1v, m2t, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mp2, mpg, mpg2, mpg4, mpv, mqv, nut, nuv, nsv, qt, ram, rec, rm, rmvb, ts, vcd, vfw, wmv, webm, rv, f4v, ogv, ogm, divx, asx, dat, tp, mjp, yuv, xvid, vc1, mtv, mxf, qtz, dv, hdv, 3g2, mts
*Subtitles: utf, srt, ass, smi, txt, ssa, smil, jss, rt, idx, sub, xml
* When watching a movie with subtitles Elmedia Video Player can put them in perfect sync with the video in case there is some mismatch.
* No conversion needed to play a DVD or a video that was copied from DVD.
Elmedia Video Player PRO is available via in-app purchase.
**Extra useful features of Elmedia Video Player PRO!**
* Adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, and more even during playback.
* Make the sound perfect for your ears with a 10-band equalizer. Choose one of existing presets (Large Hall, Party, etc.) or create your own unique sound.
* Make a screenshot of any moment in the movie or make the entire video a series of pictures with adjustable interval.
* Take the most out of virtual surround and speakers emulation.
* Select the output device for audio.
* Transmit AC-3/DTS through S/PDIF.
* A couple of other convenient playback possibilities:
Select the language for the sound and subtitles;
Set up which monitor will show fullscreen;
Flip, rotate and mirror the video;
Loop any part of movie or music video continuously;
Deinterlace and image enhancement.
Elmedia can stream to different AirPlay devices and other Mac computers with Elmedia installed. Things to note:
No need to convert any files like AVI, FLV, MKV, 3GP videos to watch them on Apple TV.
Note: Elmedia Player does not stream VIDEO_TS, .swf, and .exe files.
Embedded and external subtitle files are supported by the player.
With Elmedia you can stream YouTube videos to Apple TV. YouTube videos in FLV, MKV, 3GP formats are not supported by AirPlay.
Note that AirPlay streaming in a free version is available for 2 minutes only.
Elmedia Video Player works well with Myo armband - all details at http://goo.gl/SLqbQL.
NOTE: If you updated Elmedia Video Player to Version 6.9 and did not find download option there, please contact our support team.
Note: We are aware of the issue with “Restore Purchase” option failure and we are working with Apple on resolving it.
If you have questions, please contact our customer service at [email protected]
New: Elmedia Player became a 64-bit app.
Improved: overall app performance on newer macOS versions.
Lots of fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Most Helpful Reviews
Plays smoothly - Plays 2gb files smoothly when VLC and Quicktime stutter.
Another app that forces you to buy full version - Another scam. Installed and started to stream to my apple TV and the system was continually stopped to advertise full version. I was never able to complete my viewing. This kind of scam just makes me spend my money els ware. Beware not free. Dont scam us.
More Reviews for Current Version
Eltima LLC update on restoring Pro version when restore did not work - 3/9/17 I made an in app purchase to upgrade to the Pro version. Now the app has gone back to the regular version. I tried to use “restore purchased” with no success. The developer emailed me; "Mac AppStore has made some changes in its functionality with macOS 10.13 release and now the "Restore purchase" option doesn't work. This issue is on AppStore's side as it occurs not only with the software developed by Eltima but also with other applications developed by third-party developers. “ What are you going to do for me Apple?? UPDATE: Eltima LLC developer provided instructions on how to restore Pro version from inside iTunes account when the recover button did not work on the app itself. App now works perfectly. Thanks Eltima!