Developer: REVOLVER Studios
Current Version: 1.2
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 3 MB - Download
Echo is a powerful HTTP(S) service test tool and a must have for developers of all kinds.
Save valuable time with debugging by sending customised requests to your web server and review the response in multiple formats.
• Different request methods: GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, TRACE, OPTIONS, HEAD and CONNECT.
• Add authentication, HTTP versions and user-agents to your request
• Add an endless number of key-values to your BODY and HEADERS
• On/Off toggle for each key-value for easy debugging
• Read the response the way you want (raw, hex, outline, images,..)
• Organise your requests in projects
• Import and Export functionality for dev teams
• Add descriptions to your requests and projects
• Current output tab stays active when rerunning a request
• Ability to duplicate a request
• Bug that overwrites other requests is fixed
Most Helpful Reviews
Great App - The interface is great, the organizational option are perfect for repeated testing and periodic one off reporting… I love this app. I haven't experienced any slow response times or frozen interface issues as reported by fivekan, so don't let that review scare you away from this app. I'm really looking forward to seeing more features added to this app--more HTTP methods (DELETE, OPTIONS, TRACE, etc) I'd buy it again.
Slow - Extremely slow. It takes 10 to 20 seconds to perform a single GET request, during which time the interface is completely frozen.
More Reviews for Current Version
Decent. It needs a few improvements. - You are unable to copy text from the right-most panel!? It should also log requests/responses.
Great Update! - I wanted to love this app, but there were always a few things that kept me from that. This update hit upon most if my few issues I kept running into. Just these three changes alone are improve my day to day use Echo! Thank you.
Great, but not Excellent. - Well done by Revolver! Out of the several REST clients I tried, this one did what I needed to when I needed to. I only have a couple of quibbles with the UI, which is probably to be expected since it’s written with a cross-platform UI library, rather than a Mac-native library. It almost, but doesn’t quite, feel Mac-like enough.
Unstable and no copy of results - I really really want to love this app. It is so close to being great but unfortunately it is quite unstable, crashing every ten minutes or so under heavy usage (testing api endpoints from various major services). Additionally it is not possible to cmd-c copy from the results text view which is pretty aggrevating. I'll keep using Echo but hoping for an update that addresses these issues.
Almost good - This tool is so close to being great. I am unable to change the Content-Type header of every request I send and it defaults to application/x-www-form-urlencoded on every request. If that was fixed this would be a five start app.