Developer: C-Command Software, LLC
Current Version: 1.7.6
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 17.7 MB - Download
Collect notes, e-mails, and Web pages on your Mac, and search them instantly. EagleFiler makes managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a standard three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, it works smoothly with your other favorite Mac applications.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
* With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
* EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
* Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
* Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search or smart folders to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
* View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, and a snippet collector. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It's the most flexible tool on your Mac.
“It’s a vital tool for the digital pack rat.…The application’s tagging, note-taking, and searching capabilities make finding that one file you stored in EagleFiler a year ago and want to retrieve today a cinch.” —Macworld
“EagleFiler combines ease of use with an underlying ingenuity that makes it feel simple, fast, and lightweight. It’s packed with too many clever touches for me to list.” —TidBITS
“Using EagleFiler, I can now stop fussing with organization tools and just get myself organized.” —InformationWeek
- Improved the "Searching" section of the manual.
- EagleFiler now follows the **Match Partial Words** setting when highlighting search matches in the records list and in text and e-mail records. In other words, if you were searching for a whole word, EagleFiler will no longer highlight instances of that word contained within another word. This should reduce confusion about what was actually being searched for.
- Worked around an issue that could make the **File > Open** command open the library behind an existing library's window.
- Worked around a bug in OmniOutliner 5 that caused its compressed flat files to be imported as text files. (The change takes effect for newly imported files or if you rebuild your library.)
- Worked around a PDF issue that could cause a crash when opening a contextual menu.
If you enjoy using EagleFiler, please take a minute to rate it or leave a review. We'd really appreciate it.
Most Helpful Reviews
EagleFiler is the best of the bunch. - I am a big fan of EagleFiler and suggest you read my review of version 1.5.3 which you will find under the "All Versions" tab. Suffice it to say that I have purchased and tried almost every application in this class and found all of the others lacking in some significant way. For me, EagleFiler stands alone as the one that meets all of my needs. With this most recent version (1.5.4) I would like to add one new point I forgot to mention in my earlier review: C-Command Software is very active about polishing and improving this product. Look at the list of "What's New in 1.5.4" above and you will see a pattern of great attention to detail. Don't let the price of EagleFiler scare you away. This is the best of the bunch and worth the money.
Buggy and complicated - I have purchased several different varieties of this type of app, and Eaglefiler might be the worst of them all. I have a brand new iMac, plenty of everything, and yet this app freezes when you open it. EVERY time. If you can get it to open you can get it to start it's work, but then it will hang again or give you some other type of error. A bigger issue is that some of the things listed on it's page simply are not true. Most of it centers around tag conversion, but there are a few others. So the bottom line is that it does not work the way it says it works. This was a huge waste of my time, as well as my money. Do not buy this unless you have a week to kill and want nothing to show for it.