Duplicate File Finder - best fast free for files
Current Version: 4.3
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 13.1 MB - Download
Free duplicate file finder for Mac*. Switch to PRO to find duplicate folders and even similar folders!
Duplicate File Finder is a free app that finds duplicate files on your Mac in just 3 clicks.
Drag & drop as many folders as you wish and click SCAN.
Within a minute the app will give a report with all duplicate files by categories: images, videos, music, archives, documents, and all other specific extensions. It's really easy to see how much space each file takes.
- fast scanning algorithm
- scanning for duplicates in multiple folders or drives
- external drives & mounted network folders support
- "Recent Folders List" for scanned folders
- animated scanning process
- skip list for various files & folders
- visual chart report when scanning
- duplicate files list
- duplicate files by types
- built-in duplicates search
- preview & quick look for every file
- sort duplicates (by name, size, total size, type, and duplicates count)
- visual progress bar of selected files for removal
- one-click selection of multiple duplicate files
- smart duplicates autoselection
- "always select" & "never select" autoselect options
- confirmation list of deleted files
- moving to Trash or permanent removal option
Duplicate File Finder FREE features:
• Find duplicate files and folders
• Find duplicates in multiple folders in one session
• Find duplicates in any folder, disk, mounted folder or storage
• Add files, folders and specified files extensions to Skip list
• Tune minimal duplicate file size for better duplicate finding performance
• Preview a visual report of found duplicates
• Review duplicate files by types
• Preview duplicate folders
• Preview any duplicate file with built-in Preview option
• Get detailed information about any duplicate
• Use Autoselect for quick duplicates selection and removal
• Customize Autoselect option
• Preview similar folders - the folders with duplicate and unique files
• Preview log of removed duplicates
• Review selected duplicates before removal
• Remove duplicate files permanently or move them to the Trash
• Get guaranteed response to your ticket at [email protected] within 1 business day
Duplicate File Finder PRO features:
• Use cleanup hints
• Find duplicates in hidden folders
• Remove duplicate folders and the duplicate files in Similar folders
If you have any questions about the app, contact us at [email protected]
* Application is free - it allows you to find & remove duplicate files in any folder or storage connected to your Mac.
In-app purchase Upgrade to PRO required to:
- find duplicates in hidden folders
- remove duplicate folders and duplicates in Similar folders
- Autoselect duplicate folders.
All other features are available without in-app purchase.
NOTE: If you have any comments, general or technical issues, please contact us directly at [email protected], we will respond within one business day.
The application is improved and optimized for macOS High Sierra:
• Improved duplicates scanning speed
• Improved duplicate files removal
• Fixed issue with Similar folders
Most Helpful Reviews
Fast, Elegant Design and Worth the Upgrade - DFF has been wonderful in helping me to remove duplicate files after migrating three portable hard drives onto one large disk. It saved me 415GB of file space out of the original 1.9GB. I removed thousands of duplicates within less than a day after years of copying files from one drive to another to create redundant copies. The duplicate folders and similar folders features are well worth the upgrade to remove multiple copies of directories at once, instead of removing each file seperately. This saved me a great deal of time as I had multiple copies of photo directories. The interface is fast and elegant. DFF took about an hour or two to analyze hundreds of thousands of files (1.9GB). It neatly organized them so one could remove duplicate folders, remove duplicate files in similar folders, and leave the unique files behind. All other files can be removed one at a time, and “Auto-Select” saves time clicking on which version you would like to remove. The application also safeguards you from removing all copies of a single file or directory by forcing you to enable that function and warns you politely before marking all copies for removal, if you chose to do so manually. Thank you for this wonderful application!
Doesn’t work - Tried it on a couple folders that had 20 duplicate files…it only found 1 duplicate. It will even tell me it finds more dupes but wont list them to remove them. Then you rerun it and (No duplicates found)
More Reviews for Current Version
Excellent results - I upgraded to pro, scanned all files, all dupes are now deleted. Great results.
Great Tool! - I had dulicate music files all over, it seemed I’d never straighten it out. DFF works great for telling me what is duplicated & where to go to clean it up. It will try to do this for you but it’s very tedious to go song-by-song as it wants to. It did speed up a nagging chore from a weekend to one evening & for that it is well worth the price. If you hesitate to buy, ask yourself "How valuable is my time?” No brainer for me. I’d give it 5 stars if it were a little more intuitive on pattern matching the names of files such as song titles. As I said though, well worth the price.
Cannot delete some things, but still great. - I used this program to help me clean up a bunch of hard drives from dead computers I have had for over 15 years. Im rough on my Macs, so when it dies I just get a new one and start fresh, carrying over only what I need. This left me with a bunch of drives filled with videos and pics and music and important docs and a WHOLE LOT OF JUNK. And this software was terrific at sorting it all out. I used a cheapie USB 2 to SATA adapter for the drives. It would be 5 stars but for a minor quibble, and that is probably an Apple security issue rather than a problem with the app. I couldn’t change ownership of some of the old files and as a result, some duplicate files could be found, but not deleted, by the app. Thankfully, most of the time there is a way to immediately open a finder window to see the files, and you can just trash them manually after confirming an ADMIN password, and even if the button for opening the finder window doesn’t show up ( sometimes it didn’t for some reason) you can just follow the path and get rid of things that way. An excellent app. Saved me hours and days.
Bait and switch - It might be a reasonable piece of software, but all of its capabilities are locked until you pay for the “pro” version. This took hours to analyze two large folders; it was only then that I realized I couldn’t actually delete duplicates from within the program. I wanted a quick, free program to automate a simple task. I ended up doing it manually in the end.
Works Great! - Best program iv’ve tried!