Developer: Doug Adams
Current Version: 1.4.0
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 3.1 MB - Download
"[Does] a much better job than iTunes’ Show Duplicate Items command of finding and zapping duplicate files, letting you easily tame overflowing libraries." - Macworld, "5 Essential Tools That Every iTunes User Should Have"
Quickly find, filter, and Trash your iTunes duplicate tracks. Delete "dead" track duplicates. Handles iTunes Match tracks in the cloud. Dupin Lite is your iTunes duplicates manager.
Dupin Lite handles your duplicate tracks in 3 simple steps:
1. Get Duplicates - gather your duplicate tracks into Dupe Groups based on your choice of criteria. Case-sensitivity/insensitivity and "fuzzy" time matching can identify near-dupes.
2. Filter - automatically designate the single "Keeper" track in each Dupe Group using a variety of versatile filtering options (Most/Least Played, Oldest/Newest Added, Highest/Lowest Bit Rate, and much more)
3. Purge - remove the "non-Keeper" tracks from iTunes and optionally move their files to the Trash*
Additional Dupin Lite features:
• Works with iTunes Match tracks in the cloud*
• Support for Notifications
• Audition tracks via QuickLook
• Delete "dead" tracks
• Toggle case-sensitivity during duplicates search
• "Fuzzy" time matching
• Locate tracks in the Finder and in iTunes
• Copy tracks to new iTunes playlists
• Sort tracks and view track info
• Export a list of duplicates to a text file
• Manage intentional duplicates
• Familiar iTunes-like interface
• Visual progress feedback during operations
• Ample keyboard shortcuts
• Customizable toolbar
• Robust Help and Documentation
Dupin Lite is fast, flexible, and easy to configure.
Feedback can be emailed to [email protected]
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER: Doug Adams is the proprietor of "Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes", dougscripts.com, which has been providing reliable solutions to Mac iTunes users since 2001.
*Tracks designated to be Purged whose files are located in the cloud will be copied to a new discrete iTunes playlist from which they can be batch-deleted by the user to avoid having to individually acknowledge the iTunes delete alert for each track.
Most Helpful Reviews
Incredible Software - I recently changed my iTunes library location from an external hard drive to a Drobo, and inadvertently duped my music library. Dupin Lite found and cleaned up 30,500 duplicated tracks (approx. 300gbs) within a total of 30 minutes! There's no way I could have done that by hand.
Non Functional - Dupin Lite generated a list of duplicate files, which is something that iTunes can also do. However, Dupin Lite's "Filter" command simply did not work. It did nothing. The list was left unchanged, unfiltered. Considering the entire point of this program is to filter and remove duplicates, It was a complete waste of money.
More Reviews for Current Version
Updated and won't run - Just bought this and it won't even run.