Dupin Lite 2
Developer: Doug Adams
Current Version: 1.2.0
Last Updated: 24 days ago
Download Size: 3.5 MB - Download
"[Does] a much better job than iTunes’ Show Duplicate Items command of finding and zapping duplicate files, letting you easily tame overflowing libraries." - Macworld, "5 Essential Tools That Every iTunes User Should Have"
Quickly find, filter, and Trash your iTunes duplicate tracks. Delete "dead" track duplicates. Handles iCloud Music Library/iTunes Match tracks. Dupin Lite 2 is your iTunes duplicates manager.
Dupin Lite 2 handles your duplicate tracks in 3 simple steps:
1. Get Duplicates - gather your duplicate tracks into Dupe Groups based on your choice of criteria. Case-sensitivity/insensitivity and "fuzzy" time matching can identify near-dupes.
2. Filter - automatically designate the single "Keeper" track in each Dupe Group using a variety of versatile filtering options (Most/Least Played, Oldest/Newest Added, Highest/Lowest Bit Rate, and much more)
3. Purge - remove the "non-Keeper" tracks from iTunes and optionally move their files to the Trash*
Additional Dupin Lite 2 features:
• Works with iCloud Music Library/iTunes Match tracks in the cloud*
• Support for Notifications
• Audition tracks via Quick Look
• Delete "dead" tracks
• Toggle case-sensitivity during duplicates search
• "Fuzzy" time matching
• Locate tracks in the Finder and in iTunes
• Copy tracks to new iTunes playlists
• Sort tracks and view track info
• Export a list of duplicates to a text file
• Manage intentional duplicates
• Visual progress feedback during operations
• Ample keyboard shortcuts
• Customizable toolbar
• Robust Help and Documentation
Dupin Lite 2 is fast, flexible, and easy to configure.
For OS X 10.8 and later.
Feedback can be emailed to [email protected]
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER: Doug Adams is the proprietor of "Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes", dougscripts.com, which has been providing reliable solutions to Mac iTunes users since 2001.
*Tracks designated to be Purged whose files are located in the cloud will be copied to a new discrete iTunes playlist from which they can be batch-deleted by the user to avoid having to individually acknowledge the iTunes delete alert for each track.
Improved support for iCloud Music Library tracks
Improved FIlter Controls processing
Adds Reset button to Filter Controls Window
Minor performance fixes and UI improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
This is a lifesaver. A perfect UI, and a powerful featureset. - The other reviews here are completely mistaken. I’ve been testing software professionally for 15 years, I’m head of a software development department at a major company. This program is exceptional, and a life saver, so I feel obliged to correct the misinformation from the other reviews: - Someone said it only makes a copy in the trash, it doesn’t actually move the file to the trash. Uh, no. You’re high. I tested this under a microscope before I unleashed it on my precious music collection. It deleted the track from the iTunes library, deleted the physical MP3 from its location while I watched it disappear, and it then showed up in the trash. Next. - “A script that used to be free” - my god you people are ungrateful. Right now, Dupin is still being sold for 15 bucks on the web. But here on App Store, the price is only $5.99. That’s awesome. You’re not entitled to have someone else’s hard work for free. - Someone wrote “doesn’t work at all - no iTunes duplicate manager”. You sir are in a coma and should not be allowed near software, let alone software reviews. With 15 years of building and supporting enterprise web applications and native apps, I learned to test software, but I also learned that “the user is an idiot”. We can say by extrapolation that the user should not be allowed to write reviews that affect the livelihood of the software developer. I had a massive “previous itunes library” folder with 80GB of music, while my main itunes folder had 50GB of music, leaving me in hell. Tons of those files are my own compositions recorded on my mac or a studio. Meanwhile, Time Machine could no longer run until I deleted files and created space. I needed a program I can trust, to help me consolidate my bifurcated collection in order to free up many GB, that’s why this turned out to be a lifesaver.
Doesn’t work at all. - no iTunes duplicates manager. I want my money back