Duden German Dictionaries
Developer: Bibliographisches Institut GmbH
Current Version: 8.7.56
Last Updated: 6 months ago
Download Size: 12.3 MB - Download
Seven Duden German dictionaries with audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers
Have a look at each of the Duden apps and gain a first impression. With this app you can try out all the available Duden dictionaries – and, if you wish, you can buy the fully-fledged version In-App.
Study and test the different possibilities and features of the individual Duden apps at your leisure. You will then soon discover which dictionaries are the right ones for you.
Duden - German Etymological Dictionary, 5th Edition
Duden – The German Spelling Dictionary, 26th Edition
Duden – The Dictionary of Correct Usage, 9th Edition
Duden – The Dictionary of Foreign Words, 10th Edition
Duden – The Dictionary of Synonyms, 6th Edition
Duden – The Defining Dictionary, 4th Edition
Duden – German Dictionary, 7th Edition
• NEW! Duden MorphomagicsTM dynamically finds all inclined and conjugated forms of your query, right while typing. You can tap any word from the instantly-built list to view its full grammatical details.
• Search through dictionary headwords.
• Fulltext search mode – to search for usage examples.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Look up from other applications - while working in other applications you can easily and quickly look up any desired word without leaving that application.
• Search through Favorites.
• Search history - while you are using the dictionary, it saves all looked up and viewed words/phrases in the History.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Irregular verbs.
• Quick access to virtual keyboard.
• Synchronization of dictionary language with the keyboard input source.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
Duden dictionary compatibility: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) and higher.
Minor bugs fixed
Most Helpful Reviews
Be careful! This is not a German-English dictionary. - I guess it’s my own fault, not paying attention to the fact that the “Universal Dictionary” is NOT titled “German-English/English-German Dictionary” or listed as the German “Universalwörterbuch”, and so now I’ve spent $33.99 for a German-only dictionary. It’s a dictionary of the German language, in German, for those with good comprehension of written German. That does not include me (yet), so this dictionary is basically useless to me. This is a real shame, because Duden is THE authoritative German-language reference. I love my hard copy of the “Oxford Duden” G-E/E-G dictionary, and I expected the app to be the equivalent, but as far as I can tell, there is no Duden G-E/E-G app. Since the app clearly is suitable only for those with good command of German, the entire item description should have been in German, or at the very least the list of modules for in-app purchase. In fact, the etymology module IS listed only under its German title, “Herkunftswörterbuch, 5. Auflage”, not as “Etymological Dictionary, 5th Edition”, while every other IAP module is named in English! This is why I assumed that the Universal Dictionary was a translating dictionary. The one-star rating refers only to the publisher’s lack of foresight in not making it clear before purchase that the Universal Dictionary, despite use of its English name, is not a German-English one.