Developer: Aptonic Limited
Current Version: 3.6.5
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 23.5 MB - Download
Dropzone makes it faster and easier to copy and move files, open applications and share files with many different services.
Dropzone 3 is a unique and amazing app that's like nothing you've ever used before.
We've paid fanatical attention to every detail and built an app that looks and feels like an integral part of OS X.
Dropzone ships with a powerful scripting API and with a little programming knowledge you can modify any of your actions or even create entirely new ones. This gives Dropzone unlimited extendability and utility. We're always thinking up new actions so Dropzone will become even more useful over time.
Drop Bar is a brand new feature in Dropzone 3 that makes it easy to stash files you know you'll need later. Just drop files on the target and they stick there until you're ready to use them. You can even combine groups of files into stacks and then drop them onto a Dropzone action or onto another app.
Setup your customizable grid of actions how you want and swap in different actions as your needs change.
• Open applications, move and copy files faster than ever before.
• Share with Twitter, Flickr, Facebook or Messages
• Shorten URLs quickly using the newly added Goo.gl shortener. Just select a URL to shorten and press Ctrl+Option+Cmd+S and the shortened URL is automatically copied to the clipboard.
• AirDrop integration lets you drop files or folders from any app and share them with your other Macs over the network.
• Imgur integration lets you share images fast and get a link for pasting. It even allows you to drop multiple images to create an Imgur album. You can use it with or without an Imgur account and it comes setup and ready to go.
• Upload via FTP and Amazon S3.
• Download and install add-on actions that let you upload to services like Google Drive, YouTube and many others.
• Notification Center notifications let you know when your actions finish.
• Powerful multi-tasking engine allows you to run multiple tasks at once and track the progress of each one through the in-grid task status area.
• See how tasks are progressing at a glance in the animated menu item.
• Reorder your actions quickly via drag and drop.
• Launch Dropzone actions with the newly added keyboard shortcuts feature
• Add applications, folders or actions to your grid easily by dragging and dropping them on the Add to Grid area.
• Develop your own actions using the updated and massively improved Ruby or Python API.
We're always working to improve Dropzone and we're going to bring you many free feature updates and more actions in future. We'd love to hear what you think of the app, you can get in touch via the App Store “Support” link, or tweet us @aptonic.
-Actions that don't support a click event no longer show as greyed out when opening grid via click
-Fixed issue where dragging Photos to Dropzone from Photos.app would sometimes fail
-Amazon and ExtendedLogin OptionsNIBs now default to HTTPS for RootURL
-Minor improvements to Amazon S3 action and S3 gem contributed by a user
Most Helpful Reviews
The Aperture Science Portal Gun of OS X utilities. - Every once in a while someone comes up with a really good idea that, once you see it you know it was the next step in elegant design. And very occasionally they’re able to execute it with all the variations covered splendidly and solidly. Dropzone is more rare and special than that. Imagine if your Aridrop directory were as easy to get to as an icon in your menu bar. Then imagine that it would send or pull things from anywhere your computer knows about. And then make it extensible and programmable—and easy to understand. Now you’re just starting to imagine what this tool will do for you. Dropzone makes file and data management simple and elegant. If you move files into archives, data hierarchies, file systems, or between users and groups, this is the Aperture Science Portal Gun of productivity. Dropzone lets you bypass the overhead of opening Finder windows, clicking on sidebar links, and opening shortcuts or applications you find yourself trudging through over and over. When you install Dropzone, you tell it about the places you put things and where you go for things. It puts all your resources at close reach. It’s ready to go at an instant to transfer files from your suppliers, among your peers, to your clients, to your friends, and to your social network streams.
I actually love Dropzone 3…. - …but I absolutely hate sitting down to get some work done and a “please rate me” dialogue box appears. So stupid, you guys know its good, because I can see right above this that you’ve earned 4.5 stars averaged over 317 ratings.
More Reviews for Current Version
Doesn’t Work - I can’t get it to work at all and no response from their support.