Developer: i-NOVATiON GmbH
Current Version: 2.3
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 949.1 KB - Download
DropBook is all about posting things to your Facebook profile. Just drag images, links, text or files onto the Facebook icon on your desktop. Incredibly easy and fast.
Of course you also use DropBook to update your Facebook status. Just doubleclick the Facebook Icon, enter your new status and click "Post". Your new status message will be posted immediately on Facebook.
See DropBook in Action: http://www.i-novation.de/dropbook
BZiPhone (German Blog): "App of the week"
MacDaddyNews.com: "DropBook is a Mac App that makes posting images, links and text to your Facebook profile incredibly easy and fast."
macgasm: "An elegant, lightning-fast way to update Facebook"
macstories: "It looks like a simple Facebook uploader that’s actually packed with functionalities"
macapps.net: "This has to be the best Facebook utility that I’ve downloaded so far"
"Great and simple app"
"Best app so far!!!"
"Great app for a great price"
"Simple and easy, what else could you want?"
"This app makes life fast and easy."
The fastest way to post on Facebook
- Double click to update your Facebook status
- Upload Photos by dragging them from Finder, iPhoto or your web browser
- Post any link by dragging it onto DropBook
- Choose preview images for the links you are posting
- Post any selected text via drag & drop
Share Files on Facebook
- Share files (pdf, doc, zip, mp3, xls, rar, …) on Facebook via CloudApp
- Login or create a new CloudApp account
View Facebook notifications:
- All Facebook notifications will be shown on your desktop.
- Clicking notifications will open browser and show the matching thread
Post on Facebook via drag & drop
- Smaller is better - use one icon instead of a big webpage for posting on facebook
- Choose between a transparent and a colored icon on your desktop
- Update your status message by one click
- Post the song or album you are currently listening with iTunes
- Create a photo using your webcam and upload it
- Create new Photo-Albums in your Facebook profile
- "Enter sends Post" option for lightning fast posting on facebook
- Growl notifications for finished uploads or posts
- AutoStart option available
Group support (new type of Facebook groups):
- post status messages and links into groups
- upload images into groups
Page administration support:
- post status messages and links from pages you are the admin
- upload images to pages you are the admin
Innovative: Use Facebook like a folder on your Desktop
Have fun with DropBook. After getting used to this new and powerful Facebook interaction you'll never want to miss it again!
Drag & Drop onto the Menu Bar Icon
URL Scheme added:
Most Helpful Reviews
Excellent app, excellent support - I'd initially liked Dropbook. Then I had a problem (it stopped posting), and a quick look at their site didn't yield any support that I could see. I couldn't get the app to post to Facebook, so I rated it a 1 of 5. I then saw the link for contacting their support, as well as their page on Facebook. This put me in touch with the developer, who spent a full day troubleshooting my problem (turns out it was a little known limitation of Facebook, and nothing was wrong with the app at all). He even went so far as to personally contact me and work via Skype to solve the issue. This is a level of support you simply do not see these days, and made me rething my initial review. I'm happy to update it now, and give this app (and it's developer) the rating they truly deserve. This app is simple, elegant, and does exactly what it says it does, and does it well. And in true Mac fashion...stylish, unobtrusive, and efficient. GOOD JOB!
More Reviews for Current Version
This is not a serious application - I had a bad feeling looking at this app, but I haven't found any sensible way to upload to a Facebook Group Album. I figured I'd give this a shot. Save your money. I dropped 60 images on the icon, rather than creating an album with 60 images it started creating 1 post per image. There are no directions. There's no real UI. There's no progress indicator. You have to give it an ugodly number of Facebook privileges (after I deleted this I removed privileges in Facebook and changed my credentials.) Please don't use this.