Dr. OctoRex - Sonic Surgery
Developer: Nonlinear Educating Inc.
Current Version: 2.0.2
Last Updated: 10 months ago
Download Size: 385.7 MB - Download
Imagine 8 Rex files simultaneously slicing and dicing, mixing and mashing to make the most amazing rhythmic masterpieces. Combine Dr. Octo Rex and the expertise of Reason Master, Mo Volans, and the unimaginable has become reality...
Look out! There’s a doctor in the house and this mad surgeon has 8 scalpels! His name is Dr. Octo Rex and he’s going to "doctor-up" your tracks with the ability to slice and dice 8 (count ‘em) REX files at the same time to create the coolest rhythmic mashup ever!
Mo Volans (our very own in-house Dr. of Reasonology) takes us to the operating room and amazes us with his virtuosic knowledge of how the extraordinary new Dr. Octo Rex works. So scrub up, put on your rubber gloves and start slicing along with Mo as he shows us the Art of Sonic Surgery with this advanced new rack device: Dr. Octo Rex!
This tutorial, originally created in Reason 5, is forward-compatible with Reason 6 and beyond.
Table of contents:
1. Introducing the Dr. OctoRex
2. The Octorex Two Part Interface
3. The Basics of the .rex Format
4. Reason 5's Rex Library
5. The 'Octo' Slots
6. Loading .rex Files
7. Playing and Auditioning Files
8. Selecting and Viewing Slots and Loops
9. The 'Trig Next Loop' Modes
10. The Sample Display Window
11. Selecting Individual Slices
12. Transposing your Loops
13. The Slice Based Parameters
14. The Slice Edit Mode
15. Mangling Your Loops with Graphical Edits
16. The Multi-mode Filter
17. The Filter Envelope
18. The Amp Envelope
19. The Tempo Synced LFO
20. Pitch Bend and Polyphony Controls
21. Oscillator Pitch Modulation
22. Mod Wheel Mapping
23. Velocity Mapping
24. Interpolation and Bandwidth Modes
25. The Slice Outputs
26. The Gate Inputs and Outputs
27. Modulation Inputs and Outputs
28. Copying Parts to the Reason Sequencer
29. Generating MIDI Files from the Octorex
• Improved User Interface and Experience.
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
• Compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), and newer.