Dr. Cleaner: Disk,Memory,System Optimizer
Developer: Trend Micro
Current Version: 3.1.0
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 18.7 MB - Download
--- 2,500,000 USERS in 18 MONTHS. 110,000 RATINGS, AVERAGE RATING 4.8 ---
Dr. Cleaner is the ONLY all-in-one FREE App that offers Memory Optimization, Disk Cleaning and System Monitoring to keep your Mac optimized for the best performance.
With a brand new user interface, Dr. Cleaner provides an easy-to-use way to optimize the performance of your Mac! Also, with Dr. Cleaner, you can easily view real-time network usage and CPU usage in the menu bar.
"It removes unwanted and useless files to clean up your mac. It does everything the description says." — Kamil.D from Australia
"Very simple - very effective. Easy to use and great way to keep your Mac optimised." — Damo1193 from U.K.
"Simply the best App I have ever used…" — Jani from Germany
[Smart Memory Optimizer]
• 1-click memory optimization
• Instantly reclaim memory from closed Apps
• Identify Apps that use a significant amount of memory
[Junk Files Cleaner]
• Quick disk clean from status bar menu
• Clean temporary files, incl. logs, mail caches, iTunes and iOS temporary files, etc.Empty Trash for current user
• Clever detection of remaining files after deleting Apps
• Clean trash in removable storage
[Big Files Scanner]
• 1-click scan of big files (customizable size from 10 MB and above)
• Multiple filters of size, date, name and type
• Local files in sync with your cloud drives can also be found
• Protected files* will not be deleted
[* Important big files can be "locked" into the protected list to avoid false deletion.]
• Thorough and quick scan — it has the fast and accurate scanning technique that covers your entire home folder.
• Smart and accurate selection — duplicates are selected not only by file names but also by their contents. Files are shown in detailed previews. it can also help you "decide" which copy to delete by presenting "Auto Select" button.
• Easy and safe decision — duplicates can be sorted by file type and listed in their full route for you to track. You can decide which way to clean these files - either by putting them in to Trash or deleting them permanently.
We value your feedback! Please comment in the App Store or submit ideas and requests directly to our developers through our support portal (http://Appletuner.trendmicro.com/support).
You can also email us directly at email@example.com.
1.Adjusted User Interface to demonstrate information more clearly.
2.Various bug fixes.
Most Helpful Reviews
Love the Big File Search! - I love being able to search for big files. It’s amazing the files that get stored that you forget about that hog alot of space. This is espeically important since I have a 256 gig SSD so my space is already limited. I also like seeing how much RAM certain programs hog. It helps to remind me to restart them regularly to free up RAM.
More Reviews for Current Version
Bait & Switch - No Longer Worth it - Very disappointing to see Dr Cleaner essentially become useless. The company decided to removed features from the app and have replaced them with annoying popups that tell you that you must now pay $15 for Dr Cleaner Pro to access the same features which were once free. Such tasteless tactics will mean you will lose your loyal users and undo any good will you have created. The app now falsely claims to have a duplicate scanner, but as soon as you try to use it, it will not allow you to progress and tell you to upgrade. Very misleading and borderline scam. Most probably against App Store guidelines, to claim to have a feature, then tell users they must pay. This app no longer serves any purpose. Don’t bother downloading.
2012 MacBook: Works well for me! - I have a mid-2012 MacBook 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 which was starting to slow down substantially, especially when I was surfing the ‘net (which I do frequently). Google Chrome seemed to be the worst offender. Dr Cleaner made it (almost) like a new ‘pute. My MacBook now boots up quickly, loads software quickly, and runs very well. While a long ‘net surfing session still will eventually slow my MacBook down to a crawl, Dr. Cleaner provides a neat little feature — an icon on the tray — which constantly displays the % of operational capacity. When it gets near 90%, I know I have to close some browser windows. Dr. Cleaner then AUTOMATICALLY optimizes that memory space and my computer speeds right up. I love this software and, especially for free, I strongly recommend it.
Was a Great App untill update - This app was great until update and now we are at PacMac days again with neach balls. I loved it the way it was so outdated now. Especailly when doing the System Optizimer cannot belive they went this way for a update. They need a more clean and modern system optimizer. I am surprised Trend Micro went to old days. Need modern look again not pac man days. Would off gave 5 stars if it was clean and modern again.
Works well for limited Computer care - Granted it says a free Application and then if you want all of the features there is a cost. Regardless the portion I have use which is only the free part has been useful without causing issues with my computer. If I had it to do all over again, I have no reason not to use it. Good application!
Many features are not available without Pro purchase - This is the second Trend Micro app I have installed only to find that to use half or more fo teh features shown in the screenshots REQUIRES Pro purchase. Save your time and do not fall for this (seemingly) bait-and-switch routine.