Doo - Get Things Done
Developer: Ciarlo Software, LLC
Current Version: 2.1.0
Last Updated: 23 days ago
Download Size: 3.8 MB - Download
Become a more productive you, one card at a time.
It’s easy to procrastinate your to-do list without a clear first step. Tasks with large goals can feel impossible to finish.
Doo helps you procrastinate less. Your reminders become cards that are easy to start and easy to finish. The streamlined edit screen encourages you to create tasks that can fit on a digital index card. Each card shows up in a stack — instead of a list — so you can focus on one thing at a time.
BUILD BETTER HABITS
Pick a few tasks each day and snooze the rest. Doo helps you create more consistent, sustainable habits. Reduce your anxiety and become a more productive you, one card at a time.
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
* Best of the Mac App Store 2016
* App Store Best of February
* App Store Best New Apps
* Two-time Webby Award nominee
“I absolutely love this app... *incredibly* satisfying...” – Buzzfeed
“There’s just enough guilt involved in hitting snooze that I often just complete the task. That’s the point." – WIRED
“Doo is a beautiful way to get things done without stressing yourself out.” – The Next Web
“The ideal iOS reminders replacement.” – Francesco D.
“Doo 2 is a delight!” – Andrew H.
“Doo is beautiful, simple, clever.” – Matt S.
• Improve your focus with a unique, card-based interface
• Create open-ended, date-based, or location-based reminders
• Stay engaged with a delightful user experience
• Collaborate on tasks with other Doo users (requires iCloud)
• Create checklists that stay out of your way until you need them
• Get repeating alerts if you ignore any notifications
• Schedule tasks with custom intervals and early alerts
• Toggle notifications on a per-reminder basis
• Sync with iCloud across iOS and Mac devices
• Set your preferred morning and evening hours for smarter scheduling and snooze
• Create to-dos from within other apps using the share extension
• Sort your cards from the list view to speed through your day
• Customize your default snooze duration
• Enjoy Doo with full accessibility support, including VoiceOver and keyboard shortcuts
• Run Doo from the dock or menu bar
Get Doo and get things done!
• Add reminders with the new URL scheme doo.create
• Added a “Copy” option to the list view
• Fixed a bug that would cause reminders to sync onto devices with syncing disabled
• Experimental: Override the reminder image using emoji in the title
• Restored auto-hide in menu bar mode
• Added a setting to save reminders using “Return”
• Added a keyboard shortcuts guide
• Restored tabbing on the edit screen
• Fixed a bug with checklist heights while editing
• Fixed a bug with incorrect text sizing
Enjoying Doo? Write a review! Thoughts and suggestions are all always taken into consideration as we plan future updates.
Need help or want to send feedback? Write us on Twitter @getdooapp or via email at email@example.com.
Most Helpful Reviews
Getting Things Done without the Heaviness of other Apps - I LOVE the 'Doo' app. I got it when it first came out & I really appreciate it being both Mac-iphone and the simplicity carries across the too platforms seamlessly. I actually use 'Doo' as a companion app to a heavier GTD app. I manage the big picture of my life in those apps but I use DOO app for the things I need to do for a single day only. Doo is so helpful because it's so easy to swipe through and not get overwhelmed by the 'heaviness' of the bigger apps. It's light & simple and ridiculously inexpensive for keeping a person sane. Thanks to the developer for making this so easy to use and for continuing to develop it. It's a beautiful app and it’s simplicty is why I use it to actually get things done. UPDATE: 10/7/16 - Just keeps getting better. If you’ve been frustrated by various list apps give this a try. Doo has really won me over and I use it almost exclusively now for managing my life - because it’s so simple that I actually use it! Bravo! icloud sync has been rock solid for me between ios & mac. Absolutely Brilliant app.
What does this app do? - I don’t get it. What does this app do that the built in Reminders app doesn’t already do for free? This was a total waste of money. I can’t even get the notification sound to work, so it’s entirely useless even for what the Reminders app already does.
More Reviews for Current Version
Delightful App - I’ve been using Doo loyally since February when I tried it out to help managing my studying for college tests. Its interface makes mapping out your upcoming reminders very manageable and clean, and in my opinion the interface is much better than the traditional to-do list or other reminders apps. The developer, Mike, is also incredibly kind and responsive, and truly cares to listen about the opinions of his users. For example, Doo 1.5 had a menu bar mode that was removed in 2.0. Myself and others had conversations with him requesting the feature’s return, and it’s back in 2.1. It’s truly inspiring to see a single person put so much care into developing a great app. I really love this app, and anyone who tries it out will too!
Developer is Very Responsive to Suggestions - When I download a new app, I usually make notes about what I like and dislike about my first experience with the app. I then send an email containing that info to the developer in the hope that it will be used to improve the product and make it more usable in my situation. In the case of Doo, my email was responded to within hours and the developer responded to every single of my suggestions either asking for more info, letting me know that he will consider a change, or letting me know why he thought a requested change should not be implimented. I’ve had many email exchanges with him and now see many of my suggestions being implemented within months of downloading the app for the first time. That’s unpresidented! I can count on a single hand the number of app developers that are that responsive to input over the last 30 years I’ve been sending suggestions. Great simply elegant app with a developer who seems to have a passion for keeping it simple and effective.