Disk Drill Media Recovery
Developer: Justin Johnson
Current Version: 3.1.772
Last Updated: 7 months ago
Download Size: 9.2 MB - Download
Disk Drill Media Recovery is the most user-friendly data recovery app for Mac.
Disk Drill can recover your lost pictures and photos, music, documents, applications, videos and other data. "Quick Scan" and "Search for lost partitions" can recover files of any format. "Deep Scan" file recovery method works on a lower level and analyzes disks as a binary. It runs your hard drive recovery based on file signatures, thus original file names, locations and properties might be unrecoverable.
Disk Drill Media Recovery supports files recovery on all known systems: HFS, HFS+, FAT32, NTFS, EXT3, EXT4, ExFAT and will even work with formatted disk images. If your data is still there, Disk Drill will undelete it for you.
Your lost data can be retrieved from any internal and external media: your Mac hard drive, any disk you can mount to your Mac, USB flash thumb drives, cameras, card-readers, external hard drives, iPods (Shuffle, Nano, Classic, Mini), mobile phones, other Macs connected in target mode, etc.
Disk Drill Media Recovery is developed by CleverFiles, a well-known brand in data recovery apps for many years now. You can be sure you are getting a quality product with endless possibilities. Remember to always drop us a line if you have any questions about Disk Drill at [email protected]
** Extra features **
- Flexible filters for searching & sorting of found files
- Live preview before scanning is complete
Starting with version 2.x/3.x it can get your data back from any byte-by-byte disk image. The following disk images are supported: DMG, ISO, IMG. Data recovery is easy as always, just 3 simple steps: #1 create the disk image (using Disk Utility, for example); #2 load it in Disk Drill; #3 hit Recover. Again, if you have any questions about the procedure to recover your files, feel free to email us at any time, we will gladly walk you through, and it will take you just a minute to start the recovery process.
!! Please Note: Disk Drill Media Recovery cannot recover data from iOS devices like iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad.
** How to create a disk image **
Disk Drill Media Recovery, the App Store version of the award-winning Disk Drill data recovery technology, uses uncompressed (byte-by-byte) disk images as the source for data recovery. Here's how you can create them really simple:
1. Run Disk Utility, it's a standard Mac OS X app.
2. Go to File > New > Disk Image from "YOUR_DISK_NAME".
3. Choose "read-write" as your Image format. Do not choose "Compressed", or lost data will not be copied.
4. Set encryption to "none".
5. Save your disk image, and load it in Disk Drill Media Recovery when done.
Check this tutorial to learn how to recover your data fast and effortlessly: https://www.cleverfiles.com/help/mas-disk-drill-media-recovery/
Some real-life reviews from our clients:
"I deleted by mistake M2T file 6 months ago. I bought Disk Drill and MIRACLE, I regained all my lost files" - Christophe Esteve
"In the past I have tried various recovery software packages but Disk Drill is so simple to use, there is no great learning curve, and it works every time for me" - Deda Arbez
"I have successfully used Disk Drill to recover 7 gigs of my videos which were deleted by mistake" - bonnycalvin
"I was in need to recover defect files and/or applications and it went fast and easy. Much better than anything else I tested. This App is a must for everyone." - WebFox
* The new nicer and vastly improved UI
* Better support of macOS 10.12 Sierra
* Faster byte-to-byte disk backups
* ExFAT and EXT4 support
* Improved disk image attaching and detaching
* New file signatures for Deep Scan: .epb (EP Budgeting files), .rt (Rich Text document), .mlv (Magic Lantern Video Wrapper File for DSLRs), .ipt (AutoDesk Inventor CAD), .aaf (Advanced Authoring Format multimedia file), .tib (Acronis True Image), .enex (Evernote XML notes)
* Tolerant reading of GPT partitions improves lost partitions recovery
* Better handling of orphan & lost files in HFS+ Catalog Rebuild
* HFS+ Extraction added to the family of other HFS+ Healing Algorithms. Now Disk Drill locates lost HFS partitions more reliably
* Improved resuming of past recovery sessions
* Mounting of found data as a disk
* Preview recoverable items more conveniently: as icons with thumbnails for all previewable file formats
* Review found items as a flat list, without grouping and folders
* Improved sorting in recovery results screen
* Better detection of bad sectors
* Now Disk Drill also speaks Korean, Turkish, Arabic, Malaysian, Taiwanese
* Improved reconstruction of .sib (Sibelius music composing software)
* Endless fixes and improvements on Mac OS X 10.11.x
* Several reported crashes fixed
Most Helpful Reviews
Wowsers! - I had no faith in this software working after I tried so many other ones and have been disappointed. I only tried it because it was on sale. Now that I have recovered 100s of deleted pics I highly recommend this. It is however only for external drives and not for internal drives. Still worth it!
Don't be fooled - This app is for searching partitions only. It will not scan your hard drive and you must upgrade to get that. I consider this a complete rip off. Buyer beware.
More Reviews for Current Version
Same bait-and-switch as most other recovery apps - DON’T BUY THIS. I just spent $39.95 on it, and I’m furious. It’s impossible to use, and as soon as you try, you get shuttled over to a webpage that tells you—surprise!—you need to buy more software or email their tech team. I’m absolutely shocked that Apple would allow these lame companies to play this game. All these file-recovery software companies are scammers, and this one is just as bad as the rest. The only difference as far as I can tell is that they’ve rigged their rating to appear higher than it really is. Outrageous!
Waste of time and money - A scan last night turned up many files I was trying to recover from an old hard drive. I was hopeful. Then when I copied them to another hard drive, I could not open any of them, not documents, photos or video. They look like they exist but can’t be opened. I did another scan today that turned up nothing, so it looks as though the recovery process erased the hard drive. I’m very disappointed and angry.
The only app that recovered all my music files with full tags! - The unthinkable happened . . . Formatting what I thought was my 32GB thumb-drive to put in my car stereo, I actually formatted my 5TB HDD! I was sick, it felt like a bad dream, 5TB!!! My music, pictures, videos all gone! But the music, that was hard. I had spent months ripping my prized CD collection to that disk. I tried some other highly advertised/ reviewed competitors, they got back many of my pictures, videos and music but as a big, nearly random stacks of files! It would be an impossible task to sort through them all. Trying these other programs was no easy feat either, they ran from 11 to 34 HOURS each, 5TB is a lot of data! Then I tried DiskDrill. . . it pulled back, as near as I can tell, all my files. And not just the music but the complete file tags and coverart were intact! It made relatively quick work of reorganizing my music. Thank you Disk Drill!
backups rule but when mistakes happen you need Disk Drill - If you don’t do backups you are risking everything important on your computer. Even if you do backups you are not going to prevent losing the file you were working on an hour ago so Disk Drill Media Recovery is the tool for you. Easy to use and fast, I wouldn’t be without a copy on both Mac and PC. What a great disk utility
Buy on App Store then upgrade to new version for $89 - I bought this software on the app store back in March. Today it asked me to upgrade to it’s latest version from their website. OK! done. then when the software opens up it says “BASIC” and i have pay $89 to upgrade or $39 to upgrade from a previous version. This is not only me but there are numerous complaints about this here. Software itself is actually pretty decent, and it did help recover some files, but not ALL.