Disk Drill Media Recovery
Developer: Justin Johnson
Current Version: 3.5
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 15.7 MB - Download
Disk Drill Media Recovery is the most user-friendly data recovery app for Mac.
Disk Drill can recover your lost pictures and photos, music, documents, applications, videos and other data. "Quick Scan" and "Search for lost partitions" can recover files of any format. "Deep Scan" file recovery method works on a lower level and analyzes disks as a binary. It runs your hard drive recovery based on file signatures, thus original file names, locations and properties might be unrecoverable.
Disk Drill Media Recovery supports files recovery on all known systems: HFS, HFS+, FAT32, NTFS, EXT3, EXT4, ExFAT, APFS and will even work with formatted disk images. If your data is still there, Disk Drill will undelete it for you.
Your lost data can be retrieved from any internal and external media: your Mac hard drive, any disk you can mount to your Mac, USB flash thumb drives, cameras, card-readers, external hard drives, iPods (Shuffle, Nano, Classic, Mini), mobile phones, other Macs connected in target mode, etc.
Disk Drill Media Recovery is developed by CleverFiles, a well-known brand in data recovery apps for many years now. You can be sure you are getting a quality product with endless possibilities. Remember to always drop us a line if you have any questions about Disk Drill at [email protected]
** Extra features **
- Flexible filters for searching & sorting of found files
- Live preview before scanning is complete
Starting with version 2.x/3.x it can get your data back from any byte-by-byte disk image. The following disk images are supported: DMG, ISO, IMG. Data recovery is easy as always, just 3 simple steps: #1 create the disk image (using Disk Utility, for example); #2 load it in Disk Drill; #3 hit Recover. Again, if you have any questions about the procedure to recover your files, feel free to email us at any time, we will gladly walk you through, and it will take you just a minute to start the recovery process.
!! Please Note: Disk Drill Media Recovery cannot recover data from iOS devices like iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
** How to create a disk image **
Disk Drill Media Recovery, the App Store version of the award-winning Disk Drill data recovery technology, uses uncompressed (byte-by-byte) disk images as the source for data recovery. Here's how you can create them really simple:
1. Run Disk Utility, it's a standard Mac OS X app.
2. Go to File > New > Disk Image from "YOUR_DISK_NAME".
3. Choose "read-write" as your Image format. Do not choose "Compressed", or lost data will not be copied.
4. Set encryption to "none".
5. Save your disk image, and load it in Disk Drill Media Recovery when done.
Check this tutorial to learn how to recover your data fast and effortlessly: https://www.cleverfiles.com/help/mas-disk-drill-media-recovery/
Some real-life reviews from our clients:
"I deleted by mistake M2T file 6 months ago. I bought Disk Drill and MIRACLE, I regained all my lost files" - Christophe Esteve
"In the past I have tried various recovery software packages but Disk Drill is so simple to use, there is no great learning curve, and it works every time for me" - Deda Arbez
"I have successfully used Disk Drill to recover 7 gigs of my videos which were deleted by mistake" - bonnycalvin
"I was in need to recover defect files and/or applications and it went fast and easy. Much better than anything else I tested. This App is a must for everyone." - WebFox
* New Deep Scan signatures: JP2 (JPEG2000 image), LAYOUT (Google SketchUp LayOut document), MBOX (native archive format of some email clients), HEIC (High Efficiency Image File Format), OLK15MESSAGE (MS Outlook for Mac), FMP12 (FileMaker Pro 12), IIQ (Phase One RAW Images), NOTEBOOK (SMART Notebook 16.x), ZRV (Philips Voice Traver), EWD (Essay Writer projects, by Shark-Space), SESX (Adobe Audition CC Session File)
* Improved Deep Scan signatures: M4B audiobooks, DV and MXF videos, FLAC lossless audio
* Deep Scan now supports disk images made from APFS partitions
* Disk Drill Media Recovery will now recommend to scan the entire disk if only a partition has been scanned to improve the overall recovery success
* Substantially improved recovery of ExFat partitions
* Better naming for reconstructed files by introducing Labeled items
* Improved thumbnails preview
* Improved sorting and grouping of the found items
* Improved managing and copying recoverable items from the mounted virtual drive
* Multiple UI improvements
* "Ridiculous Size" bug additional corrections in properly reading object sizes and physical locations within HFS+ Catalog Rebuild
* Multiple internal fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Wowsers! - I had no faith in this software working after I tried so many other ones and have been disappointed. I only tried it because it was on sale. Now that I have recovered 100s of deleted pics I highly recommend this. It is however only for external drives and not for internal drives. Still worth it!
Don't be fooled - This app is for searching partitions only. It will not scan your hard drive and you must upgrade to get that. I consider this a complete rip off. Buyer beware.
More Reviews for Current Version
Used immediately after 6 video files were wrongly deleted by FCP X- - -and it did nothing. It recovered “files", sure- but they had no video or audio. Final Cut Pro X had crashed, bringing the files with it. I paid the $40 for this program through the Mac App Store here, and nothing. I’m now not only file-less, but out $40! I wish there was a way to get refunds.
This is a waste of money and my time - It comes without directions and gives confusing tags. Then it doesn’t do anything! Very frustrating to try to use. I have used other recovery programs that worked in the past.
hi - hello
Helped me in a pinch…but with a learning curve - I was trying to save my wife’s harddrive that had over 150GB of photos, and this little program helped me out. I had to first figure out what i really wanted to do, but after playing around with it for a bit i finally was able to recover the necessary documents to another hard drive and was very happy to pay the 40 bucks for that peace of mind.
Did not mean to purchase , no refund, and does not even work - Extremely dissapointed, clicked on the wrong app by accident, bought it, and it does not work. Does not even see my defective drive (other software does) and there is no possibility of a refund. DON’T BUY