Disk Drill Media Recovery
Developer: Justin Johnson
Current Version: 3.1.772
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 9.2 MB - Download
Disk Drill Media Recovery is the most user-friendly data recovery app for Mac.
Disk Drill can recover your lost pictures and photos, music, documents, applications, videos and other data. "Quick Scan" and "Search for lost partitions" can recover files of any format. "Deep Scan" file recovery method works on a lower level and analyzes disks as a binary. It runs your hard drive recovery based on file signatures, thus original file names, locations and properties might be unrecoverable.
Disk Drill Media Recovery supports files recovery on all known systems: HFS, HFS+, FAT32, NTFS, EXT3, EXT4, ExFAT and will even work with formatted disk images. If your data is still there, Disk Drill will undelete it for you.
Your lost data can be retrieved from any internal and external media: your Mac hard drive, any disk you can mount to your Mac, USB flash thumb drives, cameras, card-readers, external hard drives, iPods (Shuffle, Nano, Classic, Mini), mobile phones, other Macs connected in target mode, etc.
Disk Drill Media Recovery is developed by CleverFiles, a well-known brand in data recovery apps for many years now. You can be sure you are getting a quality product with endless possibilities. Remember to always drop us a line if you have any questions about Disk Drill at [email protected]
** Extra features **
- Flexible filters for searching & sorting of found files
- Live preview before scanning is complete
Starting with version 2.x/3.x it can get your data back from any byte-by-byte disk image. The following disk images are supported: DMG, ISO, IMG. Data recovery is easy as always, just 3 simple steps: #1 create the disk image (using Disk Utility, for example); #2 load it in Disk Drill; #3 hit Recover. Again, if you have any questions about the procedure to recover your files, feel free to email us at any time, we will gladly walk you through, and it will take you just a minute to start the recovery process.
!! Please Note: Disk Drill Media Recovery cannot recover data from iOS devices like iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad.
** How to create a disk image **
Disk Drill Media Recovery, the App Store version of the award-winning Disk Drill data recovery technology, uses uncompressed (byte-by-byte) disk images as the source for data recovery. Here's how you can create them really simple:
1. Run Disk Utility, it's a standard Mac OS X app.
2. Go to File > New > Disk Image from "YOUR_DISK_NAME".
3. Choose "read-write" as your Image format. Do not choose "Compressed", or lost data will not be copied.
4. Set encryption to "none".
5. Save your disk image, and load it in Disk Drill Media Recovery when done.
Check this tutorial to learn how to recover your data fast and effortlessly: https://www.cleverfiles.com/help/mas-disk-drill-media-recovery/
Some real-life reviews from our clients:
"I deleted by mistake M2T file 6 months ago. I bought Disk Drill and MIRACLE, I regained all my lost files" - Christophe Esteve
"In the past I have tried various recovery software packages but Disk Drill is so simple to use, there is no great learning curve, and it works every time for me" - Deda Arbez
"I have successfully used Disk Drill to recover 7 gigs of my videos which were deleted by mistake" - bonnycalvin
"I was in need to recover defect files and/or applications and it went fast and easy. Much better than anything else I tested. This App is a must for everyone." - WebFox
* The new nicer and vastly improved UI
* Better support of macOS 10.12 Sierra
* Faster byte-to-byte disk backups
* ExFAT and EXT4 support
* Improved disk image attaching and detaching
* New file signatures for Deep Scan: .epb (EP Budgeting files), .rt (Rich Text document), .mlv (Magic Lantern Video Wrapper File for DSLRs), .ipt (AutoDesk Inventor CAD), .aaf (Advanced Authoring Format multimedia file), .tib (Acronis True Image), .enex (Evernote XML notes)
* Tolerant reading of GPT partitions improves lost partitions recovery
* Better handling of orphan & lost files in HFS+ Catalog Rebuild
* HFS+ Extraction added to the family of other HFS+ Healing Algorithms. Now Disk Drill locates lost HFS partitions more reliably
* Improved resuming of past recovery sessions
* Mounting of found data as a disk
* Preview recoverable items more conveniently: as icons with thumbnails for all previewable file formats
* Review found items as a flat list, without grouping and folders
* Improved sorting in recovery results screen
* Better detection of bad sectors
* Now Disk Drill also speaks Korean, Turkish, Arabic, Malaysian, Taiwanese
* Improved reconstruction of .sib (Sibelius music composing software)
* Endless fixes and improvements on Mac OS X 10.11.x
* Several reported crashes fixed
Most Helpful Reviews
Wowsers! - I had no faith in this software working after I tried so many other ones and have been disappointed. I only tried it because it was on sale. Now that I have recovered 100s of deleted pics I highly recommend this. It is however only for external drives and not for internal drives. Still worth it!
Don't be fooled - This app is for searching partitions only. It will not scan your hard drive and you must upgrade to get that. I consider this a complete rip off. Buyer beware.
More Reviews for Current Version
Same bait-and-switch as most other recovery apps - DON’T BUY THIS. I just spent $39.95 on it, and I’m furious. It’s impossible to use, and as soon as you try, you get shuttled over to a webpage that tells you—surprise!—you need to buy more software or email their tech team. I’m absolutely shocked that Apple would allow these lame companies to play this game. All these file-recovery software companies are scammers, and this one is just as bad as the rest. The only difference as far as I can tell is that they’ve rigged their rating to appear higher than it really is. Outrageous!
Really helped me out in a pinch - I somehow managed to delete a couple of months worth of photos (about a thousand images) I didn’t notice the files were missing from my Lightroom library until a couple of days after I had emptied my trash. A scan with Disk Drill found the images and let me recover them all. I wish I had Disk Drill when my mom’s laptop hard drive crashed.
backups rule but when mistakes happen you need Disk Drill - If you don’t do backups you are risking everything important on your computer. Even if you do backups you are not going to prevent losing the file you were working on an hour ago so Disk Drill Media Recovery is the tool for you. Easy to use and fast, I wouldn’t be without a copy on both Mac and PC. What a great disk utility
Save me from having to redo 4 hours of work. - There are a number of File recovery tools but the websites for some of them always seem so sketch. So I was really happy to see this in the App store with really good reviews. Super simple interface which is all I needed for files that I accidentally deleted while synchronizing drives. Disk Drill Found the files, restored them, and I’m thrilled to not have to relive 4 hours of work. Thanks!
The most reliable file recovery software I have ever used! - I have tried many different file recovery programs but have yet to find another solution as complete, simple and reliable as Disk Drill Media Recovery. The interface is clean and professional. The scan process is fast (in fact, I ran a deep scan and thought it failed because it completed so quickly - it actually found more than other software packages I have tried in just a fraction of the time). I would recommend this software to anyone needing to recover lost files, regardless of your skill level. Beginners will find this software very easy to navigate and pros will find this software very complete and powerful. Thank you for a great product!!