DiscoBrick is a standalone audio visualizer.
It visually responds to every note and beat of your audio captures, creating dazzling visual effects that are a treat to the eye, with 90+ Themes that could be enriched by your own pictures or live video.
- Support Stereo 3D on any active/passive/autostereo 3D TV or 3D device supporting SBS (side-by-side) stereo 3D;
- Works in Window, Fullscreen and in background as a Live Desktop;
- Uses default Audio Input (default Mic, Line-In or any other external input device recognized by OSX) with adjustable sensitivity;
- Optional Video Input using the built-in or external camera (if available);
- Textures in themes can be replaced with your own pictures, Flickr pictures and live video (if a camera is available);
- User Defined RSS URL feed to display news over visualization, in three cool fonts;
- Control Panel available in three size with predefined and custom skins;
- The Theme Manager help you to enable/disable and sort any theme you like to find your optimal sequence;
- Customizable framerate from low to high speed;
- An active audio source, like internal or external mic, USB or line-in;
- A 32/64bit Intel Mac using at least OS X 10.6 (performance may vary depending on resolution and GPU), latest version was tested on 10.11 with XCode7;
- Optional: a camera can replace textures in realtime;
- Optional: an active/passive/autostereo 3D TV/Projector hardware for 3D stereo display.
DiscoBrick can create flashing lights which may not be suitable for photosensitive epilepsy.
- bug fixes;
Most Helpful Reviews
This app is worth your download - 1. the themes are all beautiful 2. you can customize. 3. its free. I run this app on my second monitor as a background while i work throughout the day and play music. They only thing that I would suggest to make this app mcuh better. The audio input should be able to monitor from the output of the computer. otherwise its awesome
Complete Junk. Audio has no effect on anything. - Junk. A bunch of low quality random graphics with no rhyme or reason. Has no effect on audio.
More Reviews for Current Version
Eh - It’s alright visually but from what I can tell it doesn’t actually listen to the music so it doesn’t move with the music. Boo.
Works, but visualization looks like it’s from the early 90’s - After reading the reviews, I was a little worried it wasn’t going to work that well. After using it, it detected all sound and reacted just fine. The visualizations, however, are the block-iest blinding fluorescent graphics I’ve seen in decades. Terrible. Not pretty at all and definitely not something I want to see with my music. Still hoping Spotify gets a decent visualizer soon.
Works Poorly - It crashes easily, and doesn’t seem to react to the music being played on my computer. I’d say it’s pretty close to worthless.
Not bad - I’d like to see a built in music player instead of using iTunes, Works good with Apple TV. How about some simple visualizations?
EPIC!! STUNNING!!! MY GO TO TO AMAZE! - IT DOES HAVE A STAND ALONE.. WORKS GREAT WITH I TUNES..MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 8 TO 16 GIG RAM. THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF ADJUSTMENTS & RATES YOU CAN CHANGE TO AVOID CRASHING…ONCE YOU DO THAT “IT’S UNTOUCHABLE”….ADDING PICS & VIDEOS MAKES IT OUTRAGEOUS.. & IT MOVES PERFECT WITH THE MUSIC…PLAY WITH IT..SOME PATCHES ARE HYPER SENSITIVE SOME ARE PERFECTLY IN SYNC!! DISCO BRICK!!! I LIVE!!!!