Developer: Peak Systems
Current Version: 2.0.4
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 8.4 MB - Download
Diptic helps you create and share beautiful photo collages.
• Mac App Store Best of 2012 and 2013
• Apple’s Editors' Choice
•Top 5 Photography App
• Import photos from iPhoto and Aperture. Use the Media section of the open dialog to browse your iPhoto and Aperture albums. Alternatively, you can drag and drop images from your favorite photo applications into the Diptic frame.
• Share Sheets: Share to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and more. (10.8+).
• High resolution export (max of 3072x3072), with option to choose JPG or PNG.
LAYOUTS AND BORDERS
• Choose from 75 layouts (one to nine photos in each layout).
• Customize your layouts to better fit your pictures by sliding interior frame lines.
• Create rectangular Diptics (great for printing) with the Aspect Ratio Slider.
• Round the inner and outer borders, as well as modify thickness and color, and apply background textures.
• Choose from14 filters, as well as adjust brightness, contrast, hue and color saturation.
• Personalize your Diptics with text captions.
OTHER SWEET FEATURES
• Save Projects. The “.dptc” file format lets you save your Diptic projects and come back to them later.
• Drag and drop pictures into frames, and swap photos between frames
• Multi-Touch: The UI reacts to gestures with your Magic Mouse or Trackpad.
• Full screen. Because sometimes you just want things to be huge.
El Capitan bug fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
If you need this, it works great - I use this for work pretty regularly. It’s quick, easy to use, and does a great job. If you think this would be useful to have, then, for the price, it’s a no-brainer. Plus, they still seem to update it pretty regularly.
Crippled Version :( - This is a cripple version of the iOS app. Diptychs locked at a square aspect ratio etc. (unlike iOS versions).
More Reviews for Current Version
Useful, but needs some refinement - The app keeps trying to maximize the window every time I add a photo. I wish it would just respect the size of the window I set. I can’t drag and drop photos in from Photos or anywhere else. There’s no universal photo selector with decent size thumbnails so I can see the photos I’m adding and maybe drag them all to where I want them. I just keep having to go through the clunky dialog box over and over. Is this a sandboxing limitation? I would think there’d be some API to browse the photo library..
This is NOT a crippled version - It’s actually very easy to change the aspect ratio in this Mac version, although it’s not readily apparent. According to the short Help section on their support site (hightly recommended reading for useful tips): "How do I create a customized layout size? Go to the Finish screen and scroll to the export size options. Enter the largest dimension size (for example: if your desired output was 200x300, you would enter 300 in the right box) in the proper box (left is width and right is height). Then, use the Aspect Ratio slider to achieve the desired dimensions. Moving it to the left will create tall and skinny Diptics, and moving it to the right will create short and wide (landscape) Diptics. You can also manually type the desired ratio in the box to the right of the Aspect Ratio slider." I just tried it to make a collage for a HDTV presentation, setting it to a 16:9 aspect ratio, with a size of 1920x1080 px, and it worked like a charm.
NEEDS Update for High Sierra - I’ve been using Diptic for years as a final cut for iPhoto before I upload merchandise to my store or social media. The iPhone Diptic app works the same as it always did and I really like it. The computer app however, no longer allows for text to be saved to a photo which makes redundant the reason why I purchased this app to begin with. I use it as a final edit to photos and also as a means to apply a watermark to my photographs. There are a lot of other great photo apps on the market and I’m aware of this but, I am used to Diptic and would love to see an update to their software so that I can continue using it.
Can’t open and pull from the Apple Photos app? - You have got to be kidding. I just purchased this app because it said “import photos form iPhoto and Aperture” but it wont open the Photos app?!? For real? I figured if it did Aperture it would do the Photos App but no. Wish I had not made this buy. I quess they havent updated this app for the four years + that the Apple Photos App has been released. NO thank you, I need functionality.
It was great until latest iOS update - After installing the latest iOS update (December 2017) on my MacBook, Diptic no longer works correctly. If you add text the text completely disappears once you export your finished product. I emailed Diptic support, got a generic email, no fix. Now I’m looking for a replacement. I used this app more than once a week with great sucess, now its useless.