Current Version: 2.1.0
Last Updated: 4 years ago
Download Size: 57.2 MB - Download
DietController is a calorie counter and diet diary.
Record the foods you eat in an easy to use spreadsheet that counts your calories and other nutrients.
Keep track of your food intake, exercise and body measurements throughout your diet.
* Spreadsheet style logging of food data, type directly into the food log.
Log food intake by:
1) Clicking on the relevant meal line.
2) Start typing food name to show dropdown of matching foods, choose food, press Tab to advance to quantity field,
3) Enter quantity, press Tab to open a new line and advance ready for the next entry.
Undo, redo, cut, copy and paste supported.
Alter log entries by simply selecting the cell and typing the new value.
* Smart search, searches as you type, shows the most likely items first (order takes into account your favorites and foods used before).
* Converts between different units, log food intake using g, oz, lb and various portion sizes (examples: 12g, 1.5oz, 2slices, .5pie).
* Add new food definitions on the fly (if you cannot find a food in the database, you can quickly create a new food definition).
* Create new foods from lists of ingredients (recipes).
* Create menus (lists of foods, e.g. 'My Cereal Breakfast') for fast entry of multiple items in a single operation.
* Tracks Calories and 31 Nutrients.
* USDA based food database, over 7,000 foods with multiple portion sizes.
* Include exercise in your daily calorie equation, 200+ exercise database.
* Manage a list of food favorites.
* Weight and body measurement tracking.
* Create charts and reports of your data.
* Customizable, change nutrient columns, colors...
* Backup and restore your database.
* Export data to comma separated (.csv) files for import into a spreadsheet.
* Supports multiple users all sharing the same food database.
* Does not require internet access.
* Keep your Calorie counter data private (on your own Mac), password protect your data.
The tools and information in DietController are intended as an aid to dieting, and do not offer medical advice.
This software is not intended for women who are pregnant or breast-feeding, or for any person under the age of 18.
* Added menu option to save charts as png images
* Added menu option to save reports as html files
Most Helpful Reviews
DietController the logical choice! - After trying at least 3 diet programs I became convinced that this one is the best fit for me, It's a valuable aid on any kind of diet, Atkins, South Beach and even Weight Watchers; does not need a long learning curve is efective, and easy to use. Highly recommended.
I wish I could get my money back. - I just bought this app based on the other reviews and it's horrible. Its too complicated. I've used several different types of calorie counters over the years and this one is the worst. I've been trying for over an hour to add my own foods to the database and I can't figure it out.
More Reviews for Current Version
Good for the most part. - I use this program for it’s calorie breakdown features and exercise caluclation. It works wonders but I do not have a “diet” goal. I have a FITNESS goal. I would appreciate an option in the User preferences and goals section that doesn’t REQUIRE me to put a WEIGHT LOSS goal in mind. I would like to be able to use this solely to chart and track my intake and caloric output. My fitness goals are about burning excess fat and building lean muscle, there is no TARGET number and frankly, nobody should have a target number. That is an unhealthy and incredibly unrealistic idea that is consistently perpetuated in American culture. Please, create an option that opts out of a target weight goal.
Great, simple program - Have been using this program for about 2 weeks now and it's helped me to lose 10 pounds. Very easy to use. Love the way you can enter something once (like a food not on the database or an exercise that you've done) and it remembers all the details for later. Also love the metabolic rate/ calorie intake adjustment. One of the best apps I have purchased so far!
Really Great NON-DATA-MINING Software Program - For those educated consumers among us that are extremely knowledgable about the priavcy-invasion involved with those so-called "free" diet apps on cell phones--which are selling your weight, height, diet habits (and what ever else you are "sharing" with them) with companies that then sell it to God Knows Who--this program is just what the doctor called for. Yes, you can only use it on your desktop computer, but that's right where you can keep your data PRIVATE. Don't trade convenience for privacy. This program has everything you need to track your own data. And NOTHING for anyone else to do it, either. The only drawback is that it appears that the author isn't updating it. Too bad. There is still a market out there for intelligent software. Too bad Apple doesn't see that.
Great App - I have this app on my computer in my kitchen. I love it. I have been able to create dishes and save to favorites. Love the copy and paste function. The reports are fabulous. As always nothing is perfect. For me I would love the app for my phone. So if and when that comes out it will be almost perfect.
Just what I needed - I love this program! I just wish they had a mobile version to go right along with it, but that's not the end of the world. I run it on a 2009 Macbook Pro with an outdated OS and I've had zero issues with it freezing or force quitting. I love that you can add your own custom serving sizes and units and that it keeps track of all the body measurements you could possibly want. I love having my own personal food database so I don't have to waste all that time searching through an online database for info that isn't even correct/up to date for quite a few things. I don't buy apps often but this one was worth it!