DiRT 3 Complete Edition
Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
Current Version: 1.0.3
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 9 GB - Download
The ultimate off-road racer powerslides onto the Mac!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Speed to mud-splattered glory in a stunning world of all-terrain motorsport! Overcome the elements and overtake your rivals as you cut through Finnish forests, kick up dust on African plains, slide around icy mountain trails in Aspen, Colorado and much more.
DiRT 3 Complete Edition features six high-octane disciplines including Rally, Rallycross and Gymkhana, a freestyle event hosted by rally star and YouTube phenomenon Ken Block, where you'll perform jumps and stunts on obstacle courses. Master different driving styles in a range of rugged rides including the Audi Quattro, 1960s Mini Cooper S and Ken Block’s 2011 Ford Fiesta WRC.
• Compete on classic point-to-point Rally stages, get ahead in hazardous Landrush chases and fight heated Head 2 Head battles over bridges and through tunnels on circuits featuring dramatic crossovers.
• Get to grips with dust, asphalt, gravel and snow as you take on a globetrotting tour of spectacular tracks including Norwegian mountain roads, a custom-built circuit at the LA Coliseum and a joyride playground set in London’s iconic Battersea Power Station.
• Take part in dramatic night races and conquer different weather conditions as rain and snow affect traction and visibility.
• Burn serious rubber, get some air and rack up points for style and speed as you wow the crowds in the groundbreaking Gymkhana mode.
• Put pedal to metal in all-terrain trucks, race past the competition in lightweight open-wheel buggies and perfect your racing lines in classic Rally cars from the last half century of off-road competition.
• Includes all the available add-on content, including 18 additional cars and 12 new routes at two locations set at the iconic Monte Carlo region and an X-Games Asia event featuring multi-car Rallycross racing in downtown Tokyo.
• Go for it in multiplayer! Friends become rivals in split-screen versions of all race modes.
Important information regarding DiRT 3 Complete Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at [email protected]
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 15GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 3xx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series and NVIDIA 9400.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• You can find out more about the game on the DiRT 3 mini-site at feralinteractive.com/dirt3
© 2010 - 2015 The Codemasters Software Company Limited (“Codemasters”). All rights reserved. “Codemasters”®, “EGO”®, the Codemasters logo and “DiRT”® are registered trademarks owned by Codemasters. “DiRT 3”™ is a trademark of Codemasters. Originally developed and published by Codemasters. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are being used under license. All rights reserved.
• Fixes a number of minor issues
Most Helpful Reviews
Stunning Visuals! Tons of Cars! Crazy Fun Racing! - I have a 21.5-inch iMac, Late 2012, 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB, 1 TB Fusion Drive, running 10.10 This game looks incredible, sounds amazing, and plays like a dream. As with many steering games it's best experienced with a wheel or controller/joystick for smooth turning. It has a campaign mode and online multiplayer. The narrators can even speak your name to you. Like previous versions, it comes with a built-in in-game benchmarking feature so I ran a few benchmarks for your comparison. While the game supports many resolutions and graphics options I tested a few standard fullscreen and widescreen resolutions using the included graphics presets. I ran each test twice and as you’d expect the results were usually similar but always different so use these numbers more as a general reference and not exact numbers to expect in every race. I’m showing the minimum and average frames per second (fps) for each test. V-Sync was off. Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Widescreen 16:9 Aspect Ratio) Settings: Automatic: Min~30 Avg~36, Ultra: Min~16 Avg~19, High: Min~21 Avg~33, Medium: Min~32 Avg~41, Low: Min~51 Avg~80, Ultra Low: Min~67 Avg~92 Resolution: 1600 x 900 (Widescreen 16:9 Aspect Ratio) Settings: Automatic: Min~40 Avg~48, Ultra: Min~35 Avg~42, High: Min~36 Avg~43, Medium: Min~40 Avg~49, Low: Min~49 Avg~88, Ultra Low: Min~69 Avg~103 Resolution: 1344 x 756 (Widescreen 16:9 Aspect Ratio) Settings: Automatic: Min~42 Avg~51, Ultra: Min~38 Avg~44, High: Min~38 Avg~46, Medium: Min~42 Avg~51, Low: Min~71 Avg~100, Ultra Low: Min~72 Avg~104 Resolution: 1024 x 768 (Fullscreen 4:3 Aspect Ratio) Settings: Automatic: Min~42 Avg~51, Ultra: Min~40 Avg~47, High: Min~40 Avg~48, Medium: Min~42 Avg~52, Low: Min~61 Avg~90, Ultra Low: Min~65 Avg~100 Resolution: 800 x 600 (Fullscreen 4:3 Aspect Ratio) Settings: Automatic: Min~45 Avg~58, Ultra: Min~42 Avg~51, High: Min~43 Avg~51, Medium: Min~47 Avg~59, Low: Min~56 Avg~89, Ultra Low: Min~68 Avg~100 Resolution: 640 x 480 (Fullscreen 4:3 Aspect Ratio) Settings: Automatic: Min~45 Avg~54, Ultra: Min~36 Avg~43, High: Min~37 Avg~45, Medium: Min~43 Avg~54, Low: Min~56 Avg~58, Ultra Low: Min~69 Avg~101 Note that this game has excellent handling of resolutions and aspect ratios meaning you can play at a resolution that is typically used for fullscreen in a widescreen aspect ratio without stretching the image. To clarify, you can fill a 16:9 screen with a 4:3 resolution without warping the image. This would only ever be done in very uncommon situations but it’s possible. It’s all about aspect ratio. You can choose it or let the game auto decide the best aspect ratio for you. If you see extensive image/screen tearing while playing it might be that your video card is rendering frames faster than your monitor can display them. You can always enable vertical sync and that will lock your framerate to a multiple of your monitor’s refresh rate. This generally means that if your monitor has a refresh rate of 60 Hz (60 drawn frames per second) and your GPU cannot run the game solid at 60 fps it will automatically bump down your framerate to 30 fps or a lower multiple. Hope this helps!
I NEED HELP! - It does’t run on my mac book air from 2014. Once i open the pre game and press play it says it opening the game but all it does is glitch my computer out.
More Reviews for Current Version
CRASHES WITHOUT RYHME OR REASON - The game freezes and or crashes my computer. I have to hold the power button to shut it off and restart. Checked online to see if anyone else has had the same issue and found nothing. I just got a new Macbook Pro 15” 2015 i7 2.5GHz 16GB 1600 DDR3 with AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2GB. I bought this game the same night and the outcome is what I described above. Aside from it crashing my computer it is hands down the best rally game out in my opinion. The graphics are incredible. I did send a system report to the developers so they can see what is going on and hopefully they can come up with an update to fix this issue. If not, I’d like a refund. And yes I still gave it 5 stars.
It freezes on my 2015 rMBP 15 with AMD M370X! - During the game, it would suddenly freeze without any sign. The graphic freezes, the trackpad freezes and the keyboard freezes. The only solution is to hold the power button and restart. Really frustrating ! ! !
Dosn’t Play for me - I purchased the game, downloaded, and installed it. When I went to play it however, the screen to hit play popped up and I hit play, but nothing happens. At the top it will say Dirt 3 like its open but nothing is open on my screen. I have tried redownloading and reintstalling 3 times to no avail.. I’m sure its a great game but it just won’t play. If anybody has any suggestions please tell me..
Best racing game on Mac, hands down! - Gonna make this short and to the point. If you want a challenging, realistic, and addicting racing game…this is the game. I bought the Xbox, and both Mac versions and do not regret it. You can adjust the difficulty settings to your skill. Advise you have a Macbook Pro or new Macbook if you wanna get the full experience with this game. Doubt it will work 100% on Macbook Air or Macbook. It’s a big game. Read the requirements! Dont listen to anything less than 4 stars, they have Macbooks from 2010 I assume. Get dirty!
D3 - I just downloaded it and the game won’t start!