Developer: Paper Pilots Software
Current Version: 1.8
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 1.4 MB - Download
The Desktop Saver application lets you run just about any screensaver as your desktop wallpaper.
There are many beautiful screensavers available for Mac OS X. However, screensavers are usually only activated when you're away from your computer. With the Desktop Saver application, you can run almost any screensaver as live wallpaper on your desktop. This lets you enjoy your screensavers while using your computer.
With version 1.6, Desktop Saver now uses Apple's sandboxing technology to ensure screensavers don't get full access to your machine. This provides a level of assurance that screensavers downloaded from the internet aren't able to corrupt your system or steal your data.
We find the Desktop Saver works best with tranquil screensavers such as the Paper Pilots screensaver (http://www.paperpilots.com).
= Major Features =
• Uses Apple's sandboxing technology to ensure screensavers are run without access to your full system.
• The Desktop Saver does not interfere with your System Preferences.
• The application lets you run any screensaver on your desktop, not just the screensaver selected in the System Preferences.
• Hot-spots will still activate the screensaver while Desktop Saver is running.
• Your computer can still go to sleep while Desktop Saver is running.
• Multi-monitor support lets you run a different screensaver on each monitor's desktop.
= Compatibility Issues =
Though most screensavers work fine, not all screensavers are able to work with the sandboxing technology. The list of screensavers we know have issues can be found at http://desktopsaver.paperpilots.com/index.html?q=FAQ, but a short list includes:
• iTunes Artwork (no access to iTunes)
• Drop Clock (no access to the HID framework)
• RSS Visualizer (no access to the PubSub framework)
- Added support for Flickr RSS Slide Shows
- Modernized interface for Yosemite
Most Helpful Reviews
Awsome Desktop / Screensaver App!! - This App is just what I was looking for. Except for one thing, I would rate this 5 stars but my Macbook runs a little slower when the app is on. Also to make it incognito, I would prefer not having the app icon on the dock indicating the app is on. Looks way more better. But the App is amazing!
False Advertising!!! - This software does not allow you to run any of your picture screensavers as your desktop wallpaper or any of the screensavers that are under the picture option! Which is what I purchased this software to use for! If I'm wrong then please correct me because I want to use this software to run the screensaver of my choosing from the picture option!