Desktop Aquarium 3D LIVE Wallpaper & ScreenSaver
Developer: Useless Creations Pty Ltd
Current Version: 1.9
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 9.6 MB - Download
** FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME! **
The original and the best Desktop Aquarium!
** v1.9 adds:
* MINI GREAT WHITE SHARKS FOR YOUR AQUARIUM!
* SCREEN SAVER MODE!
Watch as your monitor fills with water and real 3D fish begin to swim around your desktop, behind your icons and windows!
- Screen Saver option lets the aquarium appear as a screen saver when you're system is idle. (This won't interfere with your system's screen saver or sleep settings. For best results, disable your system screen saver.)
- Real time 3D fish that don't just swim back and forth, but towards you and away from you, up and down. Like real fish!
- Uses realistic 3D fish models, not just flat 2D images like other aquarium apps or screen savers do! Their eyes even move!
- Dymanic underwater lighting. So if the surface of the water ripples, so does the refracted light!
- You can select the background you want! From your wallpaper or a random image. Any image can come alive with your fish!
- Now with over 20 different realistic 3D fish species! And remember, in virtual water you can mix fresh water with salt water fish!
- Feedback is always welcome! If this isn't the best 3D aquarium there is, then let us know how you think it can be improved by emailing us from the website!
* MINI GREAT WHITE SHARKS ADDED!!
* SCREEN SAVER MODE ADDED!!
Many bug fixes and updated for Mountain Lion.
Most Helpful Reviews
Have had this for 20 days and it runs great - Don't know what everyone is complaining about. This is not supposed to be a screensaver. It is a 3d wallpaper. I have it set up to run on my secondary monitor. I changed my background pic to a Tardis in outer space. I have the fish set to a large number of varied species with the water set to full. It is cool looking. Since i use two 27 inch screens I have extra real estate so it's fun to have different backgrounds/3d wallpapers on both. I have a 3.4ghz with 16gb of mem running lion 10.7.2. I have this set to open up with my computer starts up. It runs flawlessly. I have many other products from this creator and they all run great on my system. I have his actual screensavers that I bought from his web site. I think that apple does not allow actual screensavers to be sold so this is a compromise. Bottom lin folks is this runs just fine. I run multiple applications and I have never noticed any difference in performance. This is just fun. I also run the WhiteNoise app all the time with water running sounds so it all makes a great affect to my work space.
Just to be clear! - This is a free standing application and *not* the screen saver. The screen saver costs $12.95.
More Reviews for Current Version
It works fine - I had this app for a while, the new update made it more stable. FOR EVERYONE COMPLAINING OF WHITE BACKGROUND, SAVE THE PICTURE YOU WANT TO USE AS YOUR BACKGROUND TO YOUR COMPUTER. DO NOT JUST RIGHT CLICK ON A PICTURE FROM THE WEB AND USE AS DESKTOP PICTURE. first save it to your computer then use it as desktop picture. I have and undersea background, it looks like a fish tank, pretty cool and cheap. worth every penny, my daughter loves it. I want the fish to look more realistic, think DreamAquarium, google it but it is pricey, thats is why I like this little app.
The Fish Are Back - The app is even more awesome with the Great White Sharks, but just to advise you, you can't use your own background anymore. It just has a white screen. That is the only downfall, and overall, an entertaining app!
White Box Desktop Confirmed - The screen saver works fine with the exception that your normal desktop does not show. Rather a white desktop (as described by others) appears. But what do you want for .99 cents? All else works well.
So sad... - I used to absolutely LOVE this screen saver when it came out as actual system screen saver back in the days and had the same expectations for the version in the app store but unfortunately there are some things which are not working out that great. -No dual screen support -Strange atrifacts on retina display -No ability to save this as actual system screen saver -Please include the Motion Sensor Tilting support like in the screen saver file However if you use only one screen and not have a retina display it probably works okay as live wallpaper. I will probably go with the actual system screen saver file which is on sale on the website for 3.99.
overall ok - It would be nice to have the program already use my background since I like them to cycle through and the only way to even use your own background is to choose load random image. So if you REALLY want to use your own make a folder somewhere and point it to it. Tould have given 5 stars if not for this and the fact that the fish choices are still very limited. a couple that I would like to have seen are Puffer fish and guppies. There is also only one pattern for any fish so you don't get the veriaty of patterns that appear on angelfish. If there where either more kinds of fish and patterns or the ability for it to use the wallpaper you already have i would give it a 4 star have both and 5 stars. All in all a good way to add life to your desktop