Debit & Credit - Personal Finance Manager
Developer: Ivan Pavlov Pty Ltd
Current Version: 2.3.1
Last Updated: 2 months ago
Download Size: 3.8 MB - Download
If you are looking for a personal finance app that is convenient, easy to use and at the same time has enough features, then Debit & Credit is the right app for you.
• All accounts in one app
Keeping financial records was always a bit of a hassle. But now you can actually enjoy it. See all your accounts in one place and manage your everyday finances.
• Super fast
Creating a new transaction now takes a matter of seconds. The app was designed with simplicity and convenience in mind. It will never require you to make dozens of unnecessary steps to accomplish simple tasks.
• Companion iOS & Apple Watch app
Debit & Credit has its own app for iPhone and iPad, which you can use to add transactions on the go. It is super convenient and keeps data in sync via iCloud.
• Importing data
We know how important it is to be able to import transactions from your financial institutions. That's why we support CSV, QIF, QMTF, OFX and QFX files. And you can also choose which particular transactions to import from a file, something that not all financial apps know how to do.
• Budgets & Scheduled Transactions
Do you want to budget expenses on a particular category? No problems. Do you plan to make a transaction in the future and want to be reminded about it? Consider it done.
We believe in clean, crisp reports that are easy to read and understand. See where and what do you spend your money on. Other types of reports are available too.
• Bank reconciliation mode
Sometimes we all need extra help to keep our accounts in shape. You can easily reconcile your accounts with bank statements in the app to eliminate any disparities.
• Powerful features
Split categories, pending transactions, transaction export, file attachments (with sync), transaction tags, printing reports and saving them as PDF files - all those and many other features are at your disposal when you need them.
• iCloud sync
We will never ask you to create an account or provide any personal details. All data is stored in iCloud, it is not available to anyone except you.
• Shared Accounts
Do you want to share some of your accounts with someone else? No problems, you can share selected accounts via iCloud while keeping other accounts private. Great for managing family finances!
In the free version of the app you can create an unlimited number of transactions every day. However, to have more than two accounts in the app, you will need to purchase Premium version for $9.99.
In case of any questions please don't hesitate to contact [email protected]
Fixed bug when table colums could not be reordered as well as some other minor bugs. Version 2.3 had many new features:
• now once you start sharing accounts, you can optionally share selected budgets.
• click on "Manage" next to the share panel to enable shared budgets.
• share participants will be able to contribute to budgets by creating transactions on shared accounts, but they will not be able to edit or delete your budgets.
Significantly improved Touch Bar support:
• Colour indicators are displayed on the Touch Bar for bar chart reports. They can be used to highlight an item in a report.
• For wealth-related and other reports, the slider area now has information about date periods it covers.
• Edit and delete buttons are provided when there is a transaction selected.
Locations for payees:
• Previously locations could be only created and managed in iOS app.
• Locations are used to quickly create new transactions with pre-filled payee and category fields in iOS app.
• Now you can manage locations for existing payees in the app preferences.
Improved statement reconciliation table view:
• Table columns can be re-arranged.
• You can sort transactions by any of the available column values, just click on a column header to change sorting.
• Right click the table header to enable/disable some of the optional columns, including uncleared account balance.
Improvements to budgets:
• When managing previous budget limits, you can add a comment to a limit to have it later displayed in the budget report. Example: you have used a different budget limit only for a couple of months due to a specific event. You can add a note about that to this limit change and it will be later displayed in the budget report.
• When transactions are displayed for a particular budget, amounts for split transactions specifically display how much of the total is attributed to budgeted categories.
Other improvements and fixes:
• Added option to have running balance displayed in the regular view mode. This option is available in the "View" menu when a particular account is selected.
• Added option to have alternate row colours in the table view mode. This option is available in the "View" menu when the table view mode is enabled. It also applies to the statement reconciliation mode.
• Improvements to the way how refunds are handled by the app
• Transfers are displayed as a single transaction and not as two transactions when all accounts are selected
• Minor improvements to transaction import
• Fixed bug when the app could crash after saving report settings with custom date period.
This is the 14th free major update for Debit & Credit. If you like it, please leave a rating for the current version. Thank you for using Debit & Credit!
Most Helpful Reviews
Love it - Perfect - I love this app. I enjoy how it syncs up my phone and computer. Having it ready and updated on the computer really helps when I am paying bills, I don’t have to keep going back and forth from my phone and computer screen. I reviewed this app once before and stated they did not have a ‘cleared’ button and I wish they did - After I said that within the next few updates… there was a cleared button! This app is perfect. It has helped me keep track of my life and has allowed me to save money as well. I can’t think of anything else I would need from the app developers at the moment - simply; it is perfect.
bad app - need manually input each transaction and your balance in each account.
More Reviews for Current Version
BEST Expense Finance Tracker Period - Debit & Credit is the best Expense tracker I have found. I have tossed away many dollars and wasted much time trying one expense tracker after another only to find one flaw or another, usually too much fluff and little practical application. All I needed was something that would recongized incoming and outgoing expenses with maximum automation and minimal input, and that is exactly what Debit & Credit does at it’s core, yet it can do so much more. Aside from creating multiple virtual accounts with which you can track any variety of expenses or savings, you can transfer amongst them and even schedule recurring transactions. Set it to record incoming or outgoing funds, set repeating transfers form one account to the other, you can set any configuration and watch it do the work of calculating and balancing for you. Finally, an expense tracker that does what it should do, without any fluff. If you need an exceptional money tracker, this will be the best one you can get.
Best Finance App - I have been using this app for about a month and completely love it. What makes it perfect is its beautifully crafted iOS companion which syncs instantaneously with this app. This app is simple and intuitive, yet allows its user to easily manage my checkbook. I started using finance apps because, often when you make a purchase or pay an online bill the charge is not visible in your account. With this app, I can see what my current balance is even if it is not reflecting in my account. Additionally, the reports feature is totally awesome. I have used different apps, such as apps from intuit and other finance apps, however, they were to cumbersome, bulky and did not do what I wanted without a ton of overhead. This is where this app comes in to play, it is a simple account balance manager with awesome reporting and budget features. All extremely easy to use, yet do not hide (or burden) the main functionality of the app. Great job and keep up the great work!
Took a bit, but finally usable / good - I have used almost every app out there to try to get a good budget / check register app that I can share with my household. I hesitated on this one for a while due to lack of features. The developer answered those wish list items, and in a great way. This is now the most consistent app as far as manual transaction entry, which is what it was clearly designed for. Sync seems to be an issue on most apps, but this one has it working consistently with iCloud and sharing. Looking forward to more updates. Only remaining wishlist item for now is to add debt management (either included or via separate app) so I can replace all my other apps.
Great! - I used Quicken for years with Windows but when I retired & returned to being a full time Apple user, I was so disappointed in Quicken for Mac. I tried several other products, none worked for me so I went back to Quicken. I have been using Debit & Credit for a couple of months now - so happy. Just what I needed. I have both the Mac & OS apps. Convenient & intuitive. Thank you!
Life saver! - As an avid Microsoft Money user for over a decade I was upset and spent too much money on apps that just weren’t comparable or compatable. With this free app I was even able to import my account. This is working good for me. The only thing I wish that would be improved is; I would really appreciate it if the opening balance & date were to be automatically in the reconciliation window when you begin to balance your account. I have been saving my info in a word file, then opening it to reflect back on when balancing. But it would be comparable to what I used money for if it had this feature! Please please see if you can add this feature!! Thanks for your program! I did buy the full version (less expensive than others) but found I didn’t even need the full version. Pleas take into consideration making the opening balance and date automatically saved from last balance!!! Thanks!