Developer: XtraLean Corporation
Current Version: 2.0.2
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 1.9 MB - Download
Search and find your files at lightning fast speed and get more “Lore” on your files.
Search your own Mac, networked Macs, and external drives, all at the same time. And don’t just stop there - DataLore lets you explore, discover, and learn more about your search results and the files within.
DataLore is a unique and powerful front end to Spotlight that makes it fast and easy to search and find your files, and to explore and learn more about those files. Offering innovative, useful tools, DataLore is for both simple searches and for power users who need speed, reliability and the ability to perform complex, highly refined search queries.
Search file content, filenames, file types, date range and more. Searching is live and dynamic, yielding instant search results. DataLore’s innovative "Search-As-You-Type" technology works with you while you type, responding immediately to your every move. There are no start or stop buttons to slow you down, just type and search.
DataLore doesn’t just stop at finding your files - it also lets you explore your files in various different ways to give you more information on your data. Search and you will Find, Explore and get more Lore. Discover files you may not have even realized you still had…With DataLore you can do so much more with your files, that goes beyond just finding them.
DataLore is fast, flexible, reliable and precise. Let DataLore help you discover all there is to know about your files, efficiently and with confidence.
DataLore gives you innovative technology and some unique features not found in other offerings. DataLore offers many powerful features, all wrapped up in a simple and clean user interface:
• Innovative “Search-As you-Type” Technology for finding your files fast
• Text entry with Shorthand and Special Characters for more complex, highly defined searches
• Get more "Lore" on your files from the handy Lore sidebar displaying a wealth of helpful information and statistics on your files
• Search your own Mac, other Macs on your network, as well as multiple external drives
• Remote access control lets you control which users can access which portions of your computer (or not at all)
• Search filenames, file types, contents of files, date range and more
• Filter searches by file type and file kind to narrow down the search results
• Search your entire computer or select to search only a specific folder(s)
• Multitude of filters for quickly narrowing down your results, such as documents, images, downloaded files, source code, folders, music/audio files plus many more
• Handy Date Range control lets you select a preset date range or manually enter your own date range
• Search results list offer a host of options to help you view and manage your files
• Keyboard shortcuts for finding and exploring files even faster
• Quick Look support for quickly viewing your files
• Clean and powerful user interface
• Screencast tutorials and built-in help guide
• Plus much more
DataLore is lean and powerful, with a clean, easy to use interface. Be sure to view the short screen cast tutorials of DataLore in action at http://datalore.ca. These tutorials will give you a quick rundown of the basic features as DataLore's Developer performs an actual search, locally and on the network.
-Fixed bug where unnamed Macs did not load DataLore properly
- Added Open/Close window to menu
- Date search type is saved in preferences
Most Helpful Reviews
Awesome!! - Finally a Smart Finder Tool - If you're coming over from windows or stuck on the mac's finder, you want your search tool to intelligently filter by file type, dates, etc. and easily take search terms to nail down the file you are looking for. Datalore is a dream!! A must have.. Especially for graphical or other work requiring quick file management… 5 stars!! ps. I've asked the developer to upgrade features: ability to move files onto the datalore window for easy drag and drop from the desktop onto a folder/file location. Also, asked for a delete file function - for a quick delete shortcut.