Dashlane - Password Manager
Current Version: 5.0.0
Last Updated: 17 days ago
Download Size: 44.7 MB - Download
“Dashlane is life-changingly great. And free. Get it.” - David Pogue, The New York Times
NEVER FORGET ANOTHER PASSWORD
Dashlane makes it easy to keep track of passwords and personal info that you use across the web. Eliminate typing by using auto-login and form autofill. Generate strong passwords. Access Dashlane at home, at work, or anywhere in between.
- Dashlane types your passwords for you on any website
- It can also generate and save new passwords as you browse
- Check your password health in your personal Security Dashboard
- Change weak passwords in one click using Password Changer
- Security breach monitoring for all your accounts
- Share passwords and encrypted notes with other users
- Store credit cards, bank accounts, IDs, passports and more!
- Get expiration notices for what’s in your wallet
- From credit cards to shipping forms, fill every field on every form with one click
- Express checkouts on any site
- Save itemized receipts with screenshots of your purchases
- Keep shared passwords in sync between your contacts
- Manage your contacts access to shared passwords and notes
- Set up emergency access to passwords or notes that others need if you’re unavailable
- Protect your data with AES-256 encryption - the industry’s leading standard
- Only you have access to your data – there is no record of your Master Password anywhere
- Choose where your data is stored: local-only, or synced and backed up to the cloud with Dashlane Premium
TAKE DASHLANE EVERYWHERE
- It’s free to download and use on your device
- Use Dashlane on Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and other devices
- Go Premium to get automatic sync between devices and backup for your data
- Dashlane works in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish
PC Mag “Editors’ Choice Award” 2012 - 2015
Fortune Mag’s “36 Coolest Gadgets of 2013”
Inc.com’s “Best for Passwords and Checkouts”
Top-rated on the Mac App Store
GET IN TOUCH
Send us feedback! You can reach us at support.dashlane.com.
Introducing Dashlane 5! Our biggest update yet brings you an enhanced, more accurate autofill experience powered by DashIQ™. Dashlane is also now fully compatible with High Sierra, and includes a redesign of our core brand assets, with new app icons that best convey our values: Simplicity, Universality, Privacy. Read on to learn about more updates included in Dashlane 5:
- We've updated over 250,000 app and website logos so you can easily identify your favorite sites when browsing and editing accounts in Dashlane.
- Fully native versions of Dashlane are now available in 11 languages, with support for Chinese, Dutch, Korean, and Swedish recently added.
- Dashlane's exclusive Password Changer™, which changes passwords directly from the app in one click, now works with more than 500 websites. Powered by DashIQ™, Password Changer™ will continue to be available on more and more websites.
- Premium users with Dashlane on their mobile phone can now use Dashlane as an authenticator app: log in to personal and shared accounts where two-step authentication is enabled by generating, storing, and displaying one-time security codes inside Dashlane. Dashlane will generate a unique code every 30 seconds for each credential created, and sync it across your phone and desktop apps so you can access it anywhere.
Most Helpful Reviews
Superb in every way anticipating & satisfying all wants/needs. - Exceedingly effective in all ways. Automatically enters passwords in its database, enters passwords and user names (& credit-card data) in web sign-in and other forms and, when web-sites do not conflict, automatically moves the web site to the next post-sign in page. Synchronizes consistently with iPad and iPhone versions of the application and does this in a timely fashion. Fields are available to enter notes relating to web-sites and a segment of Dashlane is set aside for secure notes when notes and not passwords are what the user wants to keep. Although this is icing on its functional cake all versions of the app are handsome, easily navigated, and effective. Others have had problems of crashing and the like. I keep both mac and iOS device operating systems quite up-to-date and never, truly never, have experienced those or any other problems. A very fine application: they probably will think of some way of improving it, they frequently do, so perhaps I should not give it 5 stars which implies improvement is not possible; but compared with many apps, some Dashlane’s competitors, this application is as good as they get.
Frustrating - I’ve been using Dashlane for a while. At first it worked great but then it started having lots of problems - even though I pay extra for the “pro” version it doesn’t seem to like to sync the passwords across all my computers and devices as advertised, it often causes a severe lag and slowdown of my Mac, stuff like that. Unfortunately, the support department of Dashlane is a one-trick pony. They know of only one solution (spoiler: uninstall the App store version, download the version on their website, and when that breaks, uninstall and reinstall, over and over and over). They take a while to respond but it’s kind of pointless since they have only one stock answer and that’s all they send. I recently wrote to them about my iPhone version and they, of course, sent the same OS X letter that they’ve already sent a hundred times. I guess that’s all they know how to do, but of course that does me absolutely no good at all. When my paid subscription ends in a couple of months I will migrate back to 1Password. Unfortunately, I used Dashlane to generate all new, complicated passwords and that will be one pain to move over. But dealing with this app and their lack of support is not something I can do any longer.
More Reviews for Current Version
Touch ID! - I like this application and I’ve had it for years, but I can’t believe that you haven’t implemented Touch ID for the MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, like I said before I’ve liked this application, but I have no problem moving to 1Password if you don’t include Touch ID in this app like others have and I’m sure that others feel the same way.
Great APP a MAC MUST HAVE!! - Definitely a MUST HAVE APP, worht every penny for th e annual membership.
New version crashes every time - Loved the previous version, but in this newest one I can’t scroll through my passwords without the app crashing. Which wouldn’t be as much of an issue if the search box worked, but of course it doesn’t. Same problem on all 3 of my Macs. How about de-bugging software before releasing it?
THE Best Password App - I’ve tried them all and this one is the best. Yeah, that’s the filler for the app review, but it’s accurate to my experience with this app. Keeps getting better and better, and to my knowledge hasn’t been hacked yet. Fingers crossed!
Works well - I’ve been using Dashlane for past 3 years. I have 100+ passwords stored on it. I save secure notes on it as well. I really enjoy Dashlane to the point where I can’t imagine myself without it. I’ve already paid for next five years of premium service.