Developer: Bogdan Popescu
Current Version: 2.2.6
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 11.9 MB - Download
•••• IMPORTANT ••••
Dash 3 is now available with a lot of new features. Please check out Dash 3 instead of Dash 2!
Instant search and offline access to any API documentation you may need.
Dash is an API Documentation Browser and Code Snippet Manager. Dash helps you store snippets of code, as well as instantly search and browse documentation for almost any API you might use (for a full list, see below).
Documentation Browser Features:
• Download docsets from CocoaDocs.org, RubyGems.org, Maven.org (Java and Scala), Packagist.org (PHP) and GoDoc.org.
• Supports docsets generated using popular tools like Appledoc and Doxygen.
• Methods are conveniently shown in a special Table of Contents.
• Highlighted in-page search.
• Save bookmarks of your most used documentation pages.
• Create search profiles to easily switch between docsets.
• Easily search specific docsets by defining keyword filters (e.g. start your query with "python:" to search only the Python documentation).
• Integration plugins for: Xcode, Alfred, Quicksilver, LaunchBar, Coda, Espresso, PopClip, Sublime Text, Atom, Chocolat, Emacs, Vim, BBEdit, TextWrangler, TextMate, Eclipse, AppCode, Android Studio, IntelliJ Idea, RubyMine, WebStorm, PhpStorm, PyCharm, Terminal, AppleScript.
• Easily integrate with any other application using the "dash://" URL scheme or the "Look up in Dash" system service.
• Fuzzy search. Don't let misspells get in your way.
• Built for speed. Searching is almost instant.
Snippet Manager Features:
• Collect snippets of code that you reuse often.
• Sync by saving your library in Dropbox.
• Over 80 syntaxes for code highlighting.
• Variable Placeholders can be edited before pasting.
• Abbreviations are expanded wherever you type them.
Special Snippet Placeholders:
• @clipboard expands into the contents of the clipboard.
• @cursor repositions the cursor after expansion.
• @date expands into the current date.
• @time expands into the current time.
• Multi-Touch Gestures.
• Menu item or dock application, always one keyboard shortcut away.
• Users that want to use Dash only as a Snippet Manager or Documentation Browser, can do so.
This update announces the availability of Dash 3, a paid upgrade of Dash. For more information check out https://blog.kapeli.com/dash-3.
• Fixed a bug which caused the main window to not show at launch
Most Helpful Reviews
Great app, finatically great support! - Dash is one of those rare apps that fills a hole that you didn’t even know you had in your development work-flow. Searching all your docs, and even doing simple Internet searches when necessary, without leaving your app allows you to keep focus easily. Just having all your docs locally makes it much easier to develop when off-line, too. But, what is even better than the app itself is how responsive the developer is. I have made a few request for features and more docsets, and every time, I get a response in < 5 minutes. If I could give him (or her) aother 5 star rating for support, as well, I would.
Updates Docsets, no matter what. - I don't always have the most up-to-date distributions of software. When a new version of PHP is released, I don't change my entire system around just so I can have the latest package, and same goes for MongoDB or whatever else I use. For a while Dash used to update my docsets against my will. They added a feature where we could prevent it from automatically downloading and updating the docsets, but as soon as you click "Check for Updates" it somehow comes to the stupid conclusion that I wanted to update all of my docsets- even if I just wanted to check which version Dash has available. There is no option to revert or select the docet version that I want to use either. It's a great app for finding data in the docsets and keeping all of the docsets in one place, but as long as I do not have total control over which versions of which docets I am able to reference from, then I do not like this application. *Updated* The developer still has no concern about docset version. Unless you plan to update your entire systems each time a new version of whatever you use comes out, Dash is only going to get in the way when its docsets provide you with instructions that do not apply to your system.
More Reviews for Current Version
One star until advertisement update is removed - The application is great. I use it constantly. But until there is an update that removes the advertisement for Dash 3, it will get one star. I _will not_ install an update who’s sole purpose is to advertise a new paid version.