Developer: Blackmagic Design Inc
Current Version: 14.2
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 443.1 MB - Download
DaVinci Resolve 14
Hollywood’s most powerful tools for professional editing, color correction and audio post production!
DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio combines professional editing, the world’s most advanced color corrector and all new Fairlight digital audio tools into a high performance system that’s up to 10x faster than before! Now you can seamlessly edit, color correct, mix and deliver without having to switch software. It’s like getting 3 high end applications in one!
This free version of DaVinci Resolve 14 includes all of the same high quality 32-bit float YRGB image processing, editing features, and professional audio tools as DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio. The free version lets you work at up to 60 frames per second and can output SD, HD and Ultra HD resolution files.
DaVinci Resolve includes nearly every professional editing and trimming tool imaginable, making it perfect for high end film and television editing! The new playback engine is up to 10x faster so you get instantaneous feedback and precise control while editing and trimming, even for processor intensive formats such as H.264.
Advanced Color Correction
Used on more feature films and television shows than any other system, DaVinci Resolve has the industry’s highest quality image processing, most powerful primary and secondary correction tools, advanced curve editors, power windows, stabilization and tracking, and dozens of Resolve FX filters!
Incredible New Fairlight Audio
The integrated Fairlight digital audio workstation lets you work on audio post in the same software you use for editing and color! You get high end mixing, busing and metering, along with multi channel recording, ADR tools, full automation, sample level waveform editing, audio sweetening, effects and more!
Differences Between the Free Version and DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio
The free version works in SD, HD and Ultra HD at up to 60fps, supports a maximum output resolution of 3840x2160 Ultra HD and a maximum of 2 GPUs on the current MacPro only.
Upgrade to DaVinci Resolve Studio to use automatic facial recognition or face refinement tools, Temporal and Spatial noise reduction, photorealistic optical quality motion effects, Lens Flare, Lens Blur or Film Grain ResolveFX, Lens distortion correction, his quality de-Interlacing, HDR (High Dynamic Range) tools, stereoscopic 3D tools and delivery, remote rendering, multiuser collaboration with chat and multiple GPUs.
DaVinci Resolve 14 App Store Limitations
The Mac App store version of DaVinci Resolve 14 works with OpenCL only, does not support some external control panels, and may not be compatible with all 3rd party OpenFX or VST plugins. If you need these features, please download DaVinci Resolve 14 from the Blackmagic Design support website.
The software works natively with virtually all professional formats. For a full list of compatible formats, codecs and interoperability information, please visit the Blackmagic Design website.
Current model MacPro, iMac or MacBook Pro with a minimum of 4GB of graphics memory. A fast hard disk for video, 16GB of system memory, Mac OS 10.12.6 Sierra or higher, at least a 1440 x 900 resolution display.
• Added support for the DeckLink 8K Pro monitoring modes
• Added support for importing audio-only AAF timelines
• Added support for rendering audio handles in ProTools round trip mode
• Added support for audio playback when performing dynamic trimming
• Added support for import and export of Final Cut Pro 10.4 XML
• Added support for automatically naming Gallery Stills using user-defined tags
• Added support for 16 and 18 fps timeline frame rates
• Added support for 95.905 fps timeline frame rate
• Added support for more fine-grained preferences for Performance Mode
• Improved support for keyframes in the Fairlight page
• Added support for listing multiple DeckLink SDI devices with unique names
• Added visual indicators for distinguishing between timeline clips without media in the Media Pool and without media on disk
• Added the ability to change the playhead position without stopping playback on the Fairlight page
• Added support for Enable 2D Timeline Scroll on the Fairlight page
• Added support for context menus for markers in the Fairlight page
• Added support for automatic creation of a timeline when dragging in an audio clip in the Fairlight page
• Addressed issues with acquiring and releasing the lock for a bin in a collaboration project
• Addressed an issue where network connectivity issues could cause unexpected results in a collaboration project
• Addressed an issue where a blank node graph would sometimes be displayed when switching between clips in collaboration mode
• Addressed an issue where two users could sometimes load a non-collaboration project in write mode without a warning
• Addressed an issue where "Update Timecode from Audio using LTC" would not work on clips starting with blank audio
• Addressed an issue where retiming an audio clip would sometimes result in audio glitches
• Addressed an issue where unlinking linked audio groups with the Pan dialog open would cause a crash
• Addressed an issue where starting or stopping playback would sometimes cause a momentary glitch in the audio on the Fairlight page
• Addressed multiple issues with fader behavior for direct track outputs in the Fairlight track mixer
• Addressed an issue where the Fairlight timeline would sometimes show an incorrect number of audio tracks
• Addressed an issue where the Fairlight control room widget would sometimes become invisible when resetting a dual-screen UI layout
• Addressed an issue where JKL playback would not honor the looped playback state on the Fairlight page
• Addressed an issue where moving an audio clip would not refresh the keyframe navigation buttons on the Fairlight inspector
• Addressed an issue where some Fairlight dial widgets would not reset their values correctly on double-click
• Addressed an issue where audio EQ band adjustments might be incorrectly saved
• Addressed an issue where stopping playback would continue audio output for a few
Most Helpful Reviews
Great app but… - This is a great app, it is powerful and it is amazing. Lets also not forget it is free. This app dominates any free software you can get, and most of the ones you pay for. This program in its non lite version is used by Hollywood to grade movies. So you know this is a well balanced app… However, do not download this from the app store actually download it from the website, 11.1.1 version is what you are wanting (or newer). Something about the app store version makes it not setup right. Free Pointers: Perfect setup for this is FCPX and Davci Resolve, Imovie works as well, but only if you cannot afford FCPX. Program is built for powerful computers, however it will run on a mac book air, just make sure nothing else is open and give it time to process the information. The output of film is worth the few extra seconds of waiting. Make sure if screens less then 15” you set the program to be viewed in a window. There are free tutorials online to help with the app features.
Awesome - if it worked. - It's like FCPX. It's pretty. Some of the buttons do interesting things. You're really optimistic the first couple times you use it and then then ugly comes out. Like dating a schizophrenic supermodel; it's a total mistake but you'll try it anyway. I don't know why they released this. Literally nothing works. I wish it did because some of the controls are brilliant. Unfortunately you can't get anything more complicated than a couple clips into it - once you delve into EDLs, AAFs or XML's - forget it. It won't even open an FCPXML at all, it just crashes. I want it to work desperately but it seems rather than fix this piece of garbage BlackMagic's solution is to just tell everyone their 'configuration' isn't optimal. Also, every image and promise on their website is totally misleading - if any of the actual product worked like their webpage said it did I'd be 5 stars all the way. All I got out of it thus far is an ulcer. If you don't believe me, here's a good example; they advertise fullscreen display on a second monitor - what they don't tell you is you have to buy more BlackMagic hardware (either a breakout box or a PCIe card) to get the image onto another screen. Yeah, that's right - you gotta pay for a device to make your computer do something it's already perfectly capable of. And to keep you getting around it, the interface is welded in place; there's no moving windows around, there's no resizing - you have 2 options; fullscreen UI or hidden. After you buy the $1000 dongle and the $1000 PCIe card or breakout box - you'll be disheartened to find that none of the software actually works and that you're now out of PCIe slots to add a second GPU for rendering (which is why you bought the dongle in the first place). I apologize for being so angry but this peice of junk has wasted 2 weeks of my life. Thought maybe it was me so I did the tutorials, read the manual front to back and the only parts of this program that work are in the tutorial. Step outside simpleton into proessional mode and the whole thing falls to pieces.
More Reviews for Current Version
DO NOT GET - this is by far the worst thing i’ve ever downloaded, it makes it very difficult to import and once you figure that out it’s unreliable it’ll actually work! One you edit a video and leave, it starts to say your media is offline. You can’t use most of it becuase you didn’t get the $300 one (that I doubt works)! It is also incredibly slow. Did I say difficult to use??? I HATE DAVINCI (not leonardo) IT SHOULDN’T BE A THING!!!!! (i gave it a one star it doesn’t even deserve that)