Developer: Blackmagic Design Inc
Current Version: 14.1
Last Updated: 10 days ago
Download Size: 433.7 MB - Download
DaVinci Resolve 14
Hollywood’s most powerful tools for professional editing, color correction and audio post production!
DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio combines professional editing, the world’s most advanced color corrector and all new Fairlight digital audio tools into a high performance system that’s up to 10x faster than before! Now you can seamlessly edit, color correct, mix and deliver without having to switch software. It’s like getting 3 high end applications in one!
This free version of DaVinci Resolve 14 includes all of the same high quality 32-bit float YRGB image processing, editing features, and professional audio tools as DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio. The free version lets you work at up to 60 frames per second and can output SD, HD and Ultra HD resolution files.
DaVinci Resolve includes nearly every professional editing and trimming tool imaginable, making it perfect for high end film and television editing! The new playback engine is up to 10x faster so you get instantaneous feedback and precise control while editing and trimming, even for processor intensive formats such as H.264.
Advanced Color Correction
Used on more feature films and television shows than any other system, DaVinci Resolve has the industry’s highest quality image processing, most powerful primary and secondary correction tools, advanced curve editors, power windows, stabilization and tracking, and dozens of Resolve FX filters!
Incredible New Fairlight Audio
The integrated Fairlight digital audio workstation lets you work on audio post in the same software you use for editing and color! You get high end mixing, busing and metering, along with multi channel recording, ADR tools, full automation, sample level waveform editing, audio sweetening, effects and more!
Differences Between the Free Version and DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio
The free version works in SD, HD and Ultra HD at up to 60fps, supports a maximum output resolution of 3840x2160 Ultra HD and a maximum of 2 GPUs on the current MacPro only.
Upgrade to DaVinci Resolve Studio to use automatic facial recognition or face refinement tools, Temporal and Spatial noise reduction, photorealistic optical quality motion effects, Lens Flare, Lens Blur or Film Grain ResolveFX, Lens distortion correction, his quality de-Interlacing, HDR (High Dynamic Range) tools, stereoscopic 3D tools and delivery, remote rendering, multiuser collaboration with chat and multiple GPUs.
DaVinci Resolve 14 App Store Limitations
The Mac App store version of DaVinci Resolve 14 works with OpenCL only, does not support some external control panels, and may not be compatible with all 3rd party OpenFX or VST plugins. If you need these features, please download DaVinci Resolve 14 from the Blackmagic Design support website.
The software works natively with virtually all professional formats. For a full list of compatible formats, codecs and interoperability information, please visit the Blackmagic Design website.
Current model MacPro, iMac or MacBook Pro with a minimum of 4GB of graphics memory. A fast hard disk for video, 16GB of system memory, Mac OS 10.12.6 Sierra or higher, at least a 1440 x 900 resolution display.
DaVinci Resolve 14.1 update includes
• Added support for presets for User Preferences
• Added ability to simultaneously generate cache files for multiple cache points on a clip
• Added ability to enable/disable caching of transitions in User Mode in Project Settings
• Added ability to enable/disable caching of composites in User Mode in Project Settings
• Added ability to retain the cache when moving clips with speed changes applied
• Added support for excluding individual tracks from sequence cache in User mode
• Added support for applying individual color attributes when dragging nodes from the Display Node Graph window
• Added support for a zoom slider in the Display Node Graph window
• Added support for accessing both the clip and the timeline node graph for a Still in the Display Node Graph window
• Addressed an issue where right clicking on a wiped still and selecting apply grade would not work
• Added an option in the panel settings to switch between classic DaVinci and vectorscope trackball alignment
• Added support for displaying video scopes on the Edit page
• Improved title text rendering quality
• Improved playback and rendering performance on the Radeon Pro WX 9100 GPU
• Added support for RED IPP2 color processing
• Added support for decompression and debayer options for Red Rocket cards
• Added initial Linked Group support for audio tracks
• Added the ability to drag and drop .drp project files into the Project Manager
• Added support for a project setting to switch track metering between source and post-fader
• Added the ability to update the track color of multiple selected tracks on the Fairlight page
• Surround sound audio channels are now included in the downmix to stereo buses and monitors
• Added support for a Project Setting to automatically apply convergence to windows and effects in 3D stereoscopic projects
• Added support for groups in the Color page on collaborative projects
• Added support for generating and rediscovering optimized media in collaborative projects
• Added support for viewing audio codec information in the Metadata widget
• Added support for GoPro CineForm as a caching and optimized media format
• Added support for higher resolution DNxHR formats for MXF-based Fusion Connect workflows
• ResolveFX Warper is now GPU accelerated
• Bus section in the Fairlight page meters is now scrollable
• Added support for decoding enhanced AC-3 audio on macOS and Windows
• Improved performance of viewer in Fairlight page
• Improved behavior and interactivity of timeline and track index in the Fairlight page
• Added support for 2-D scrolling on the Fairlight page
• Added support for source audio clips at any sample rate
• Added support for Dolby Vision trim on compounds clips and Fusion Connect clips
• Added ability to perform audio only insert to a tape deck
• Added ability to capture video and audio or video only from a tape deck
Most Helpful Reviews
Great app but… - This is a great app, it is powerful and it is amazing. Lets also not forget it is free. This app dominates any free software you can get, and most of the ones you pay for. This program in its non lite version is used by Hollywood to grade movies. So you know this is a well balanced app… However, do not download this from the app store actually download it from the website, 11.1.1 version is what you are wanting (or newer). Something about the app store version makes it not setup right. Free Pointers: Perfect setup for this is FCPX and Davci Resolve, Imovie works as well, but only if you cannot afford FCPX. Program is built for powerful computers, however it will run on a mac book air, just make sure nothing else is open and give it time to process the information. The output of film is worth the few extra seconds of waiting. Make sure if screens less then 15” you set the program to be viewed in a window. There are free tutorials online to help with the app features.
Awesome - if it worked. - It's like FCPX. It's pretty. Some of the buttons do interesting things. You're really optimistic the first couple times you use it and then then ugly comes out. Like dating a schizophrenic supermodel; it's a total mistake but you'll try it anyway. I don't know why they released this. Literally nothing works. I wish it did because some of the controls are brilliant. Unfortunately you can't get anything more complicated than a couple clips into it - once you delve into EDLs, AAFs or XML's - forget it. It won't even open an FCPXML at all, it just crashes. I want it to work desperately but it seems rather than fix this piece of garbage BlackMagic's solution is to just tell everyone their 'configuration' isn't optimal. Also, every image and promise on their website is totally misleading - if any of the actual product worked like their webpage said it did I'd be 5 stars all the way. All I got out of it thus far is an ulcer. If you don't believe me, here's a good example; they advertise fullscreen display on a second monitor - what they don't tell you is you have to buy more BlackMagic hardware (either a breakout box or a PCIe card) to get the image onto another screen. Yeah, that's right - you gotta pay for a device to make your computer do something it's already perfectly capable of. And to keep you getting around it, the interface is welded in place; there's no moving windows around, there's no resizing - you have 2 options; fullscreen UI or hidden. After you buy the $1000 dongle and the $1000 PCIe card or breakout box - you'll be disheartened to find that none of the software actually works and that you're now out of PCIe slots to add a second GPU for rendering (which is why you bought the dongle in the first place). I apologize for being so angry but this peice of junk has wasted 2 weeks of my life. Thought maybe it was me so I did the tutorials, read the manual front to back and the only parts of this program that work are in the tutorial. Step outside simpleton into proessional mode and the whole thing falls to pieces.