DaVinci Resolve Studio
Developer: Blackmagic Design Inc
Current Version: 14.1.1
Last Updated: 19 days ago
Download Size: 434.1 MB - Download
DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio
Hollywood’s most powerful tools for professional editing, color correction, audio post production and multi user collaboration!
DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio combines professional editing, the world’s most advanced color corrector and all new Fairlight digital audio tools into a high performance system that’s up to 10x faster than before! Now you can seamlessly edit, color correct, mix and deliver without having to switch software. It’s like getting 3 high end applications in one! Best of all, DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio also features revolutionary new multi user collaboration tools that let multiple people work on the same project at the same time!
In addition to multi user collaboration, the DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio edition also includes advanced tools such as automatic face recognition and tracking, dozens of additional Resolve FX such as film grain, lens flares and more, temporal and spatial noise reduction, photorealistic motion blur effects, stereoscopic 3D tools, multi GPU support for incredible performance, frame rates up to 120fps, and high resolution output for 4K and beyond!
DaVinci Resolve includes every professional editing and trimming tool imaginable, making it perfect for high end film and television editing! The new playback engine is up to 10x faster so you get instantaneous feedback and precise control while editing and trimming, even for processor intensive formats such as H.264.
Advanced Color Correction
Used on more feature films and television shows than any other system, DaVinci Resolve has the industry’s highest quality image processing, most powerful primary and secondary correction tools, advanced curve editors, power windows, facial recognition, stabilization and tracking, and over 20 new Resolve FX filters!
Incredible New Fairlight Audio
The integrated Fairlight digital audio workstation lets you work on audio post in the same software you use for editing and color! You get high end mixing, busing and metering, along with multi channel recording, ADR tools, full automation, sample level waveform editing, audio sweetening, effects and more!
Multi User Collaboration
DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio lets multiple users work in the same project at the same time! You get bin locking, integrated chat, timeline comparison tools for merging changes and more. Now assistants can prep footage while editors cut, colorists grade, and sound editors finish audio, all at the same time!
Additional features in this version of DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio:
- Supports frame rates up to 120fps
- Outputs higher than Ultra HD resolution such as 4K and beyond
- Automatic facial recognition and face refinement
- Temporal and Spatial noise reduction
- Photorealistic optical quality motion effects
- Lens Flare, Lens Blur and Film Grain ResolveFX
- Lens distortion correction
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) grading
- Stereoscopic 3D tools
- Multi-user collaboration with bin and timeline locking
- Built in multi-user chat
- Timeline comparison tool for merging changes
- Remote rendering
- Support for more than 2 GPUs
DaVinci Resolve 14 App Store Limitations
The Mac App store version of DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio works with OpenCL only, does not support some external control panels, and may not be compatible with all 3rd party OpenFX or VST plugins. If you need these features, please purchase DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio from a Blackmagic Design reseller.
Current model MacPro, iMac or MacBook Pro with a minimum of 4GB of graphics memory. A fast hard disk for video, 16GB of system memory, Mac OS X 10.12.6 Sierra or higher, at least a 1440 x 900 resolution display.
• Addressed an issue with detecting Blackmagic Desktop Video hardware with older driver versions
• Addressed an issue when setting monitoring to PsF formats when using Desktop Video drivers newer than v10.9.3
• Addressed an issue with the detection of license dongles on MacBook Pro with Touch Bar on High Sierra
• Addressed a crash when changing audio plugins and reloading the project without saving
• Addressed a crash when opening a project with title presets in the Media Pool
• Addressed a crash during playback when Enable Video Field Processing was turned on
• Addressed a crash when connecting to an incompatible database and switching projects
• Addressed a crash when toggling Show Current Clip With Handles and loading a memory if Live Save was on
• Addressed a crash when deleting favourite transition presets
• Addressed a crash when canceling a project save and navigating to another Resolve database
• Addressed an issue where disabling a compound node would not immediately refresh the viewer
• Addressed an issue where splitting certain linked audio-video clips would not link the split components correctly
• Addressed an issue where ResolveFX Face Refinement would stop working when a clip was moved into a compound clip
• Addressed an issue where video scopes on the Edit page would sometimes show an incorrect display
• Addressed an issue where quitting Resolve would sometimes cause an incorrect shutdown on Linux
• Addressed an issue where horizontal scrolling in the timeline comparison dialog would sometimes not work as expected
• Addressed an issue in Project Server where clicking Enable Sharing may not work on some machines
• Addressed an issue where switching between large databases would take a long time to respond
• Addressed an issue where Resolve would show Media Offline frames when using RED Rocket-X to decode certain RED clips
• Addressed an issue where decoding some RED clips with CUDA in Resolve Color Management would show a black frame
• Addressed an issue where Resolve would sometimes show the Welcome dialog on successive runs
• Addressed an issue where copying audio clip keyframes would not apply it properly on the target clip
• Addressed an issue where rendering to DNxHD 36 would cause a slight shift in the red and blue channels
• Addressed a potential crash when opening floating Media Pool windows and switching pages
• Addressed an issue where the 3D qualifier would not be correctly applied for Group Pre-Clip versions
• Addressed an issue where changing master bus configuration with audio FX present would result in loss of audio output for the bus
• Addressed an issue where the display of track colors would go out of sync when deleting a track and undoing it
• Addressed an issue where dragging a clip from the Media Pool to the Fairlight timeline would sometimes show an additional track
• General performance and stability improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Advanced Tools at a great price! - This app is not for the faint of heart. If you are new to video editing/color correction it will be a steep learning curve. I suggest learning iMovie, Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere Pro, and then this. Blackmagic has done something amazing here. You can download a free version that has nearly every feature available, learn it, and then upgrade to this paid version when you become a full-time professional. They've done a good job over the last couple years at simplfying the interface and adding lots of editing features. My only complaints are that the settings and preference menus are overly complicated and there are many redunancies found in there. Plus Final Cut Pro X is still better at organizing your clips within the app with keyword ranges and smart collections and its magnetic timeline is a lot slicker and faster than DaVinci Resolve's. But with all of its amazing color grading tools Resolve is a great place to send your Final Cut Pro X projects for finishing.
BUYER BEWARE - NOT a the full featured version. Key features like OpenFX are not available on the App Store version of Resolve. In other words, the ability to use third party plugins is missing. Blackmagic support confirmed, indicating that development of the App Store version was different from development of their version, and the App Store version is missing some features. Their suggestion: buy their $999 version. Based on my experience and needs, most should stick to the free version. If you do need the full-featured version, take the hit and spend the extra $500.