Developer: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Current Version: 2.9.13
Last Updated: 1 month ago
Download Size: 23 MB - Download
Information overload — Swamped by paper, emails, notes? Meet DEVONthink — designed to manage and organize all those disparate pieces of information that are so important to your work or studies. As you become more experienced with DEVONthink and its easy, intuitive interface, you will quickly find more exciting ways of using your data.
What DEVONthink Personal does for you:
- DEVONthink stores your documents, scanned papers, notes, bookmarks, etc. in one place. Access live web pages seamlessly from within DEVONthink to review and extract further information.
- Create RTF documents, edit them in full screen, and use smart templates to quickly add pre-styled documents. Clip data from other applications using drag-and-drop, services, or the Dock menu.
- Edit images, cross-reference documents, and annotate PDF documents using standard PDF annotations.
- Search, classify, and show relationships between your documents (automatically and language-independently) with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
- Take all your important documents with you on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with DEVONthink To Go.
- Store and view many file formats including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, Apple iWork, Skim, Mellel, and all file formats supported by Quicklook.
- Scan your papers with your scan software and file them in your database.
- Search your database also directly from Spotlight.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
Version 2.9.13 enhances the decluttering service, rearranges a few menu commands for clarity, and marks existing indexed items, e.g. files manually copied, as not pending. It also improves importing bookmarks from Google Chrome and references from Bookends. The update lets Markdown documents reference scripts with relative or absolute links and improves the overall reliability and performance, too.
Most Helpful Reviews
Amazing product but needs one feature! - I'm absolutely satsified with the product, but it really needs one option to be added! I want to select where to store my database, please, add this feature, as it's really vital for most users.
Crippled Application and Terrible Support from Developer - I bought this application with high hopes, based on the reviews here and elsewhere. Unfortunately, DEVONthink has entirely failed to live up to expectations, in part because of non-existent support from DEVONtechnologies. For starters, the version sold on the Mac App Store by DEVONtechnologies is not even the latest version of the application. Version 2.3.4 is stand-alone. Without using complicated work arounds, it is not possible to synch DEVONthink databases between multiple Macs, even when they reside on the same local network. DEVONtechnologies claims the latest version of DEVONthink (v2.6.1) offers synching, however, that version is only available from their website and there is no upgrade path from the Mac App Store version to the website version. The DEVONtechnologies website makes no mention whatsoever of the crippled App Store version, nor did they respond to multiple queries regarding this issue. IMHO, if a developer is going to sell a crippled, out-of-date version on the App Store, while a newer version is available elsewhere, they should at least acknowledge that the App Store version (which costs the same as the website version) is not the latest version of their product. Added to this, their refusal to even respond to either their support or sales contact forms on their website regarding the lack of support for App Store customers demonstrates a complete lack of respect for their users. Besides the lack of synching, DEVONthink has an extremely steep learning curve. It is not for the faint of heart—do not expect to be productive using this application anytime soon. Finally, the user interface is decidedly not Mac-like. It is ugly, clunky and complex. If you need an application to keep track of your data, I highly recommend looking elsewhere. DEVONtechnologies is clearly not committed to supporting this product or its unfortunate users.