Developer: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Current Version: 3.9.7
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 7.6 MB - Download
Web search reloaded: DEVONagent Express brings web search directly to your menu bar. Just like Spotlight searches your computer DEVONagent Express searches the web and presents the results directly in its menu. A great selection of top-notch search engines and large tool tips with preview pictures and summaries let you find the right page before you open it in your web browser. You can even query all three major web search engines all at the same time or use pre-fab collections such as a thumbnail gallery search set.
Your search assistant: While the 'express' mode just collects the results the 'agent' mode does a lot more for you in the background. It downloads each page, filters advertisements, error pages as well as pages that don't fit your question, and applies its own ranking. No more Error 404 pages, no more pages that have nothing to do with your search at all.
What DEVONagent Express does for you:
- Let's you search the web as easy as using Spotlight
- Shows convenient summaries and preview pictures
- Filters advertisements and error pages
- Gives you only really relevant results back
- Talks to more than 80 general-purpose and specialized search engines
Perfectly integrated and easy to use:
- Located directly in the menu bar, always there when you need it
- Opens results in your web browser or DEVONagent (if available)
- You already know how to use it
- Accessible by pressing a hotkey
Supported search engines categories:
- General purpose
- Apple- and Mac-related (e.g. App Store, MacUpdate)
- Computer science
- Dictionaries (e.g. Wiktionary)
- Educational resources
- Images and videos (e.g. YouTube, Flickr)
- References (e.g. Wikipedia)
- Social networking (e.g. Facebook Profiles, Twitter)
The functionality of DEVONagent Express will be part of DEVONagent 3.0.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
This maintenance release sends all requests to Google or Bing over a secure connection (https). The built-in search sets "Macintosh News (Latest/More)" have been updated too.
Most Helpful Reviews
Excellent so far... - I am quite impressed by this app. It has consistently yielded better search results than using Google alone, using the web (deep) search set and the Express search mode. This app seems to have quite a bit of depth - many different search presets and search sets - but I'm seeing a benefit in web (deep) alone. I look forward to getting more out of it, but I think I've already earned back the registration in time saved refining Google queries.
Failed To Launch - Tried this app, but it doesn't work on my Mac running 10.6.8. After installation, you click on it in the Applications folder and it does nothing. The Devon illustration points to a globe, but none of my browsers show a globe. Not ready for prime time. Save your money!