Current Version: 2.9.0
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 5.6 MB - Download
••• DISCOUNTED DUE TO RELEASE OF DCOMMANDER 3 •••
DCommander is a two-pane file manager that gives you full control over your computer's filesystem.
Optimized for quick access and user-friendliness, DCommander provides a perfect companion for new Mac users transitioning from other operating systems, as well as advanced power users that demand more control of their computer.
"The long list of hotkeys coupled with its customizable user interface, applications shortcuts and Lynx-like navigation system, make DCommander one of the best dual-pane file managers on the OS X platform." - softpedia.com
"If you think the Finder is a bit anemic and something of a forgotten stepchild among the Mac’s built-in apps, then DCommander could be a boost to your productivity." - mac360.com
"DCommander was highly favored by the editors and our review members, due to the well designed interface and rich functionality." - appdp.com
- two side by side file windows
- name, extension, size, kind, date, permissions sorting of files and folders
- view hidden files and folders
- tabs support with full keyboard navigation
- file search with sub-folder recursive searching and content searching
- full support for drag&drop operations
- fine-grained file selection
- Lynx-like folder navigation (using arrow keys)
- quick access to native Terminal, Console, Activity Monitor and Disk Utility applications
- customizable color schemes
- customizable font type, size, color and style
- quick file viewer with text, hex and media viewing mode
- full keyboard navigation
- ability to browse ZIP, JAR, EAR, WAR, XPI and ODT archives like normal folders
- seamless FTP, SFTP and SCP support
- mount network drives
- folder compare and synchronization
- quick search files in the current folder
- quick look integration
- terminal integration and custom terminal support
- ability to create new folders and new empty files
- ability to copy full path of selected files
- support for external drives
- support for navigating cloud drives
- ability to compress files and folders
- ability to selectively unpack files and folders from archives
- ability to set custom terminal, file search, file synchronizer, file viewer and file editor
- fast file copy and moving
- retina display support
- fullscreen support
- fast load time
- tutorials and tips
- support for OSX 10.6 and newer
- German, French, Polish and Czech translations
And much more!
If you spot ANY bugs or glitches, send an email to [email protected] as we cannot respond to AppStore reviews.
Additionally, if you have any feature requests send an email and all efforts will be made to have them integrated in the next release.
Thank you for your support!
- fixed crash when browsing certain zip files
- fixed reported startup glitch
- minor bugfixes
Most Helpful Reviews
Great Commander Clone - I'm a long time, die hard, Commander type file manager user. 23 years of using first Norton Commander, then Midnight Commander (Linux) and Total Commander. DCommander appears to have almost all of the functionality and layout of Total Commander, plus a few Mac specific features. Everything seems to work perfect so far, and I look forward to using this program daily. Thank you DevStorm - I will be checking out more of your apps!
Waste - I was looking for a Mac version equvilent to WinSCP. DCommander looked to fit the bill. When I purchased this, however, I was unable connect to ANYTHING but my Macbook’s hdd. I thought “hmm. maybe it is on CentOS” (thinking host firewall). I went to a Windows 7 VM and installed WinSCP (to verify). Launched WinSCP on the Win 7 box, authenticated, and it worked like a champ. I reached out to DCommander Support for this product almost a week ago and have gotten ZERO correspondance. Short Answer: Don’t watse your hard earned money. Developers need to give us a test run to make sure thier stuff works verses forking over money for this half baked junk.
More Reviews for Current Version
No way of disabling their upgrade notification - With the latest update they added in a spam feature, evey time you open the app it asks you to buy their new version. There is no way to disable it, and it is very annoying. I have put up with their bugs, and issues, but for this one I am just going to have to uninstall it and never look back ….
Terminal should open in the present directory - The scp feature did not work!