CryptoBar: Bitcoin and Altcoin
Developer: Arthur Chevalier
Current Version: 4.0.3
Last Updated: 9 hours ago
Download Size: 9.9 MB - Download
CryptoBar lets you easily display and monitor the prices of your favorite cryptocurrencies directly from your Mac menu bar.
- Support for 48 major Cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dash, Factom (FCT), Komodo (KMD), Monero (XRM), Augur (REP), BitConnect (BCC), Civic (CVC), Dogecoin (DOGE), EOS Coin, Ethereum Classic (ETC), Gnosis (GNO), Iconomi (ICN), Icon (ICX), Iota (IOT), Melon (MLN), Namecoin (NMC), Neo, Novacoin (NVC), PeerCoin (PPC), Status (SNT), Steem (STEEM), Stellar Lumens (XLM), Tether (USDT), ZCash (ZEC), Ardor (ARDR), Binance (BNB), Bitshares (BTS), Bitcoin Gold (BTG), Cardano (ADA), Hshare (HSR), Lisk (LSK), NEM (XEM), OmiseGo (OMG), Populous (PPT), Qtum, ReddCoin (RDD), SALT, Stratis (STRAT), TenX (PAY), Tron (TRX), Verge (XVG), Waves and 0x (ZRX) (Requires In-App)
- Prices can be displayed in over 10+ financial currencies including USD, EUR, JPY, CAD, AUD, CNY, INR and many more (depending on supported currency pairs)
- Possibility to set the app to automatically launch when you log in to your computer so you don't have to think about manually starting it again and missing out on important price variations
- 14 Exchanges currently supported: Binance, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Bittrex, BTC Markets, CEX.io, Coinbase, Coincheck, GDAX, Gemini, Korbit, Kraken, Poloniex and Zebpay (Requires In-App)
- Color price changes (green / red / blue)
- Add the amount of coin(s) you own under the "Options" menu to get a real-time update on the total value of your Wallet, directly accessible from the Menu Bar
- Update Interval: choose wether you want real-time data or delayed information on your ticker
- CryptoBar Widget: Directly obtain your Wallet information from the MacOS Today Widget Center
- Possibility to set alerts and cutoffs for highs/lows so you won't ever miss a trade
- Option to only display selected tickers in the new "Quick View" submenu instead of the Menu Bar (in case you want to monitor a huge amount of coins and the Menu Bar is not big enough)
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Does what it should… perfectly - I looked at everyone of these types of apps and they all had little things that bothered me about how they worked. My biggest complaint were the tickers on most of the others were not real time. This application does exactly what I needed it to and the tricker is as realtime as you can get. Basically I wanted something that would give me the current price on BTC, ETH and LTC on the GDAX and would take up little space on my menu bar. Very happy with this app. I bought the pro version to support the programmer rather than duplicating the application on my Mac.
HUGE memory and CPU drag on MacOS Sierra - The app features are great, but I had to uninstall to due a major issue on my system. On my Retina MBP running MacOS Sierra, this app would slowly consume all of my system memory and CPU power. At one point it was up to 13GB of memory! That is utterly ridiculous for such a small app that runs in the menu bar. Until this issue is addressed, I will not be running this (otherwise helpful) program.
More Reviews for Current Version
Wallet - How can i change wallett currency?
Significant memory leak! - I left this app open for about 12 hours. It works great showing real time coin prices. But as I checked the activity monitor just now, it showed the app took up 20+GB of memory and 190%+ CPU which is absurd! I bother to check system status because the fan in my MacBook Pro was spinning crazy! I’m not so sure if it’s graduate memory leak or it ran into trouble all of a sudden since I didn’t moniter it the whole 12 hours. But please figure it out and fix the bug...