Developer: Stand Alone, Inc.
Current Version: 2.02.4
Last Updated: 3 months ago
Download Size: 2.7 MB - Download
Play Crossword puzzles from newspapers around the world right on your Mac! Each day many newspapers provide their crossword puzzles online; with one click you can download and solve them, get hints, view clues, and track how quickly you're improving. Start a puzzle on your Mac, then finish it on your iPhone or iPad.
The #1 Crossword Player on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch just landed on your Mac!
• New puzzles every day
• Synchronize puzzles between your Mac, iPhone and iPad
• Right-click a square to view hints
• Automatically downloads all of today's puzzles
• Nearly unlimited puzzles from many different sites
• US and UK Cryptic puzzles available
• Hints, Websites, and Clue lookups
• Enter answers in 'ink' or 'pencil'
• Quickly see your recently played, or sort by date, provider, or difficulty
• Detailed info on each puzzle
• Post your solve times online and compare with other solvers
• Grab older puzzles with a click
Using Puzzle Sync, you can pick up a puzzle on any device, work on it, and finish it on another, seamlessly.
Included Puzzle Sources:
• Philadelphia Inquirer Sunday
• Village Voice
• Chronicle of Higher Education
• The Independent
• Manchester Evening News
• King Features Crosswords
• Telegraph UK Quick & Cryptic Crosswords (subscription required)
• People Magazine
* Providers list subject to change. Some providers may no longer be publishing, but may sill have older puzzles available in Archive form, accessible via the "Download Older Puzzles" option *
• For support, please visit our website at http://www.standalone.com •
Please note that Crosswords requires an internet connection to download puzzles. Puzzle Sync requires the purchase of Crosswords or Crosswords Classic from the iOS App Store.
fixed some issues on 32-bit machines
Most Helpful Reviews
Great Crosswords! - I have this app on my iPhone and my Ipad, now I can finally play on my Mac. Love the easy download and quick access to puzzles. THe new paper puzzle windows look awesome. 5 stars.
Crashes - A lot.