Cross DJ Free
Current Version: 3.4.0
Last Updated: 1 year ago
Download Size: 176.6 MB - Download
The most professional free DJ software. Built on Cross DJ, the award-winning software developed by Mixvibes for 10 years. Mix tracks easily, play with effects, loops, scratch and more.
FREE VERSION, UNLIMITED USE, NO COMMERCIALS
"Cross DJ Free is the most professional free DJ software" (Macmusic)
"The best free DJ software I have had on my system to date" (MacProVideo)
/// START DJING THE EASY WAY
Cross DJ Free provides direct access to your iTunes library. Match the tempo of your tracks using the sync button and create smooth mixes in minutes.
/// PERFORM ON A POWERFUL TOOL
The design replicates the industry standard DJ setup : waveforms, Cue/Play/Sync buttons, mixer, hot cues, scratching, loops, effects. All the professional DJ tools are at your fingertips.
/// MIX VIDEO LIKE AUDIO
We believe DJs should try video mixing. Therefore, the core video features are now available in Cross DJ Free. Make no mistake, Cross DJ Free is a DJ software with powerful video features, not a VJ software.
/// STAY ON THE BEAT
Cross DJ Free has the most reliable synchronization tool and BPM analysis on the market. Plus, you can visually preview your mix, using parallel waveforms and sync meter.
• All your iTunes music is already in Cross DJ Free
• Advanced media management (smart playlists, in-key tracks hightlighted, filter search, color coding, tag editing,...)
• Import libraries from Rekordbox and other DJ software, including beat grid and hot cues
• History playlist to keep track of previous sessions
/// MIX SOUNDCLOUD IN CROSS DJ
• Unlimited Music: Explore, play and mix all SoundCloud tracks, directly within Cross DJ. From unofficial remixes to your friend's tunes, mixing music you like has never been so simple.
• Your SoundCloud account, in Cross DJ: Log in to your SoundCloud account to have your sets, favorites, stream & tracks directly in Cross.
• Fast loading: Streamed tracks load as fast as locally hosted tracks. And don't wait the end of the analysis to play it.
• No premium account needed: To mix SoundCloud tracks in Cross DJ, you don't need a SoundCloud pro plan.
/// EXTERNAL CONTROL
• External soundcard support
• All main audio formats compatible : MP3, M4A, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, OGG, AAC, …
• 5 languages supported
• Cross DJ iPhone & iPad Remote application support
/// FEATURE LIST
• 2 decks + video mixer
• Video mixing
• Ultra-accurate synchronization for ultra-easy beat matching
• Sync link mode (with master deck)
• Complete DJ Mixer with 3-band EQ, volume faders, cross-fader, level meters and direct access bi-filter
• Parallel waveforms and track overview display
• Modular user interface
• Smart seek (jump playback position using increments of 1/32 to 32 beats)
• 8 hot cues/loops per track
• Advanced beat grid editor for tracks with irregular bpm
• Auto loops (1/32 to 32 beats)
• Built-in key detection engine
• Dynamic key control and display (harmonic or classic notation)
• Pitch fader and pitch bend
• Pitch range from 4% to 100%
• 3 audio effects
/// MINIMUM CONFIGURATION FOR VIDEO
OS X 10.7 or higher
/// WATCH CROSS DJ VIDEOS
Latest DJ video: http://youtu.be/BIJmjZsV-N8
User videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwSZ_5C9ZpU&feature=share&list=PLj1938JIqZA7I8gPL8w6Hfszax4It1JKH
/// GO NEXT LEVEL
iPhone app: http://appstore.com/crossdjforiphone
iPad app: http://appstore.com/crossdjfreehdmixyourmusic
Updated to Cross DJ feature set 3.4: get all the latest bug fixes and OS compatibility updates.
Most Helpful Reviews
Professionally Powerful - Highly impressed with the capabilities of this freeware and will almost certainly stay as my go to DJ software for Mac. I’m quite familiar with DJ software, and it took me less than 10 minutes to get the hang of and exceed my expectations. The beatgrid editor is easy to find/use and the markers themselves convey the downbeat and the measures, the ability to set ALL of my own hotkeys was enormously useful and mapping them didn’t take long, scanning my library was quick, automatically stores bpms in displayed metadata, the waveforms can be modified to make visualizing songs useful when trying out new things… Those are just the features I was extremely impressed by, there’s plenty more to like though. To be fair I haven’t tried uploading anything to SoundCloud, utilized the VDJ portion, or used a MIDI controller, but I’m sure that every feature included with this software is just as powerful and easy to use as the aforementioned pros.
crappy update - This new update made it so it wont work. FIX IT.
More Reviews for Current Version
Cross DJ failing to recognize changes to iTunes playlist - I'm using Cross DJ Free version 3.4.0 and it's failing to track the changes I've made on my iTunes playlist. I tried restarting both Cross DJ and iTunes, made sure all of my updates were current, did a full shutdown, and even tried renaming the playlist that Cross DJ was failing to recognize - and it wouldn't track any of the changes I made. I even went as far as de-installing and re-installing Cross DJ and it still would not track any changes made to the playlists. And yes, I have been using the 'refresh content' button each time. Other than this instance, I’ve been using Cross DJ Free for the past 7 months and it’s worked great and I love it. I use it when I DJ out and for my radio show and have come to depend on it, so I’m really bummed. Please advise. Thanks!