Developer: MultiAd, Inc.
Current Version: 8.5.3
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 30.8 MB - Download
MultiAd Creator Express is an easy-to-learn graphics and text program that has all the tools you need to create everything from simple flyers to professionally designed publications in no time at all!
• Manage every attribute of text including: shadows, outline, slant, spacing, weight and color fill.
• Use the Text on a Path feature to wrap text around any object or path you draw or convert the text to a path so it becomes an editable shape.
Design and Layout Tools
• Choose from a variety of robust tools including: objects and shapes, vectored drawing tools, reshaping, soft shadows, magic wand, borders and layering options.
• Choose from a variety of shapes (starbursts, circles, triangles, polygons and more) and easily colorize, texturize or create gradients in them.
• Use the Containment Tool to create custom shapes and drop images into those shape containers for easy cropping.
• Create a style once and apply it over and over with the Style Models feature for text and graphic elements.
No Need to Leave the Application
• Access all the text and graphics needed to build your document easily with the Files Palette.
• Size and resize imported images easily without ever leaving the application.
• Create multiple page sizes and layout designs in one document and build campaigns all in one file.
• Export your document as: PDF, PNG, JPEG, EPS, GIF, TIFF or XML.
• Don’t just export the page; export a selected image or element within the document.
• Reduce repetitive tasks with the dozens of AppleScripts included. Creator Express is fully scriptable and recordable.
Join the MultiAd Creator User Group at... http://groups.google.com/group/multiadcreator
To make getting started even easier, you can get templates designed in Creator Express, plus artwork and photos to complement your designs, at www.creativeoutlet.com.
• Variable opacity can be set for solid colors on an element's frame, fill, and shadow. Gradients can also have variable opacity on each color step. New controls have been added next to all sets of color and shade controls.
• Any element can now be set to be a global text wrap for any text block. Select any element and choose Arrange -> Wrap Text to set its global wrap. Text blocks can ignore global wraps if they wish. Activate a text block and choose Format -> Text Block Settings and turn on "Ignore global wraps".
• Various bug fixes.
Most Helpful Reviews
Almost full-featured for only $30! - I used an older version of the professional program years ago at a newspaper. When I saw this version for only $30, I thought I'd give it a try. I'm pleasantly surprised to report that as far as anything I ever used at the newspaper, it is almost completely full-featured! Great value for a great program. I'm really surprised more people don't use this instead of Quark or InDesign.
More Reviews for Current Version
Love It - I am not a graphic artist, but I had to put a poster together for a Chamber of Commerce event in a hurry. I downloaded this and found it to be very intuitive and easy to get by with the basics. Poster was great and done in a day. I look forward to spending more time with Creator Express to see what it can really do.
Help - The colors are definitely limiting but overall seems like a good afforadable tool. My main problem is right now I can't put up any image or photo without it being incredibly grainy. What am I doing wrong?
Excellent for the Price - After having used all of the major page layout programs over a long prepress career I remember hearing about this program but never used it. I have used PageMaker, Ventura Publisher, ReadySetGo, Quark, Framemaker and InDesign in many versions and on different platforms. I have also purchased Swift Publisher and iStudio Publisher to get away from the clutches of Adobe and their money grabbing pricing strategy. To date I haven't been impressed by these two as an InDesign substitute. I decided to try Creator Express and have been pleasantly surprised. It is closer to the page layout experience I am used to. It's not perfect, but it will get the job done. I am putting together a book and had started in InDesign 5, but I've already started to reformat it in Creator Express. I am learning the keyboard shortcuts and how things are done, so there is a slight learning curve, but nothing too serious.
A little clunky, but gets the job done. - Bought to self-publish a magazine I'm working on…is definitely worth it (as opposed to just getting Word). The interface can be a little confusing sometimes, but everything, at least after reading over the help guide on what you're trying to do a few times, is doable for the intermediate computer user. Glad I bought it.
Ad Design Program, not good for books - I bought this based on the reviews thinking it would be a good replacement for InDesign. I am writing a family history book. This program, although does many of the things InDesign does, it is not meant for creating books. It has a great layout format with facing pages, but does not support Table of Contents, which I need for my book. It does allow inserting page #’s in the master, though, so if you don’t need a Table of Contents or want to do that manually, it might work for you. As stated in other reviews, the interface is a bit kludgy, but once you get used to it, it’s not too bad. The layout features were easier than InDesign and I didn’t have any issues with it locking up or crashing. There are some tutorials on their website, but they are under the Creator Professional Software option, not on the Express product, so look there for the tutorials. There is no online community for getting help that I could find. Bottom line, I’m still looking for a good book design program (not an online one that requires you to use their services to print) and trying to get away from the Adobe line.