Developer: GÃ¶teborgs universitet
Current Version: 1.2.4
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 543.3 KB - Download
CreateUserPkg generates installer packages that you can add to your deployment workflow, that when installed create a local user account. The generated packages are compatible with all deployment utilities that support standard Mac packages, and work on 10.5 through 10.9.
• Fixed permissions for standard users to change their name, password, picture, etc (thanks to Greg Collen).
• The last version that can generate 10.5 and 10.6 accounts, 1.3 will be 10.7+ only.
• Allow packages with empty password (thanks to Dan Keller).
• Fixed automatic logins that only worked on 2nd boot (thanks to Joseph Chilcote).
• Fixed empty password hash when you clicked Save without leaving the Password/Verify field (thanks to ih84ds).
Most Helpful Reviews
Simple, reliable way to create OS X user accounts... - ...mix with AutoDMG and you've got a potent combo. :)
More Reviews for Current Version
Works great - Simple GUI interface to creating user packages.
Almost Perfect… - For people creating images (NetBoot, NetRestore, NetInstall, Deploy Studio, Casper, etc.), this is a really handy tool. And I’m not aware of anything better out there. However, there are a few features that would make it even better. Ability to Save Configuration It would be nice to not have to start over again, if you just want to slightly “tweak” the last installer package. Ability to Create Home Folder It would be nice to have the option to create the home folder at package run time, instead of having to go through the first login. Ability to Put Files Into Home Folder It would be nice to be able to put files into specified locations within the home folder. For example, preference files into the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, or files on the desktop, or applications into the ~/Applications folder. (The user’s application folder, not the system one), etc.