Developer: James Leno
Current Version: 1.2
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 20 MB - Download
Craps HD is here for your Macintosh!
With 3D dice, multi-player support, over 160 authentic dealer stick calls, extensive betting options, a simple, intuitive interface, and an authentic table layout, Craps HD is the premiere craps game for the Mac.
Easy to use but hard to put down, Craps HD offers a true casino-style experience, with complete Vegas rules and authentic game play.
A simple interface lets you select your bet amount and click or drag and drop on the table to place your bet. Up to three players can play at once!
Easily experiment with new betting strategies; build a large bankroll; or simply learn how to play with Craps HD.
No other craps game gets you this close to the casino!
• 3D dice rolls - watch your dice bounce around a beautifully rendered table with realistic action. Hear the dealer call out the roll with real stickman lingo!
• Multi-Player support - up to three players can play at once.
• Casino-style table layout with all bets available.
• Over 160 authentic stick calls! Hear the dealer call out your rolls and suggest bets.
• Fast roll resolution lets you get more bets in each session and easily experiment with different betting strategies.
• Dealer Info button shows you all the payouts for each bet and the amount you have wagered and will win.
• Inside/Outside/Across betting options let you quickly make place bets on all box numbers!
• Preferences for odds working, hardways working, place bet presses, and more. Set your preference or let the dealer ask you what you want to do at the appropriate time during the game.
• Save/Restore allows you to resume a game in progress.
• 3x4x5x odds simulates popular casino-style odds.
• Easily remove part or all of one bet with a simple click or double click.
If you have any questions or issues regarding gameplay, please contact our technical support, and we will be happy to answer them for you. Suggestions for improvements are always welcome!
Game window now resizable for smaller displays.
Added preference for chip animation speed.
Most Helpful Reviews
Craps HD is great! - Beautiful graphics, great game play, nice dice animation and game sounds. A super way to play right on my Mac.
Window Size Still an Issue - The intial version of this game was unusable given the screen sizing issues noted in other reviews. I experienced similar problems where I could not access the lower part of the table/betting area. The latest update indicates that you fixed the window size issue, that it should now fit properly on screens with vertical resultion of 800. Have you guys heard of varying widescreen resultions (1024x768, 1280x720, etc.)? I am working on a 768 vertical resolution and the game still extends past the lower end of the screen, making it inaccessible and unplayable. Why can you not program this game to have a re-sizable window to allow the user to size to the window no matter the resolution they are using. This is basic. To others considering. DO NOT PURCHASE unless you are using the exact resolution required, else it is unplayable.
More Reviews for Current Version
CRAPS HD NOT GOOD GAME - We just returned from LasVegas and were playing the electronic CRAPS thought we would try our hand using a game on our Macs. This game is so unrealistic…too many 7s it is able to determine when you fund your board and the 7s are continuous. VERY DISAPPOINTING!! We have tried two games via the app store and both games have been awful. We will be removing both games. What a waste of our time and $$$. Would love to get a refund!
Horrible! RUN AWAY! - This is a horrible game: full of bugs, and is not intuitive at all. I just wasted $3. It's a real shame because I bought the iPad version a while back, and it's wonderful - best craps game out there. But this version - I guess it's for MacBook - is nothing like that, even though it's the same vendor. In this version, I don't think it's possible to place a come bet, every third roll is a mis-roll, and it places random bets for you without your permission. Also, it crashes A LOT. Again, the iPad version is awesome: no bugs and very intuitive. I wish it were available for the MacBook.
flawed - It's a good game in that more than one person can play. There's no way to accurately know how much is on a bet. A tooltip type interaction would be helpful. The win/loss at the end of a hand needs to be more obvious and last more than .5 second. No clear way to bet odds once 3 players have been set. You have to de-activate a player and re-activate to set odds preferences.
places bets for you randomly - After coming out on a roll, it automatically presses my entire bankroll on the pass line with no options to disable this. Not a good experience at all.
still buggy - Version 1.2 is very buggy. The game window becomes nonresponse and requires a force quit to restart. On a "No Roll", the game will variously remove bets or pay bets.