Course For Logic's Latency Toolbox
Developer: Nonlinear Educating Inc.
Current Version: 1.0
Last Updated: 4 months ago
Download Size: 789.7 MB - Download
Timing Is Everything! In this amazing tutorial Tom Rice shows you the secret to making your tracks “dead-on-the-beat” accurate with absolutely zero latency!
Have you ever listened to one of those amazing tracks where every instrument seems to really lock into the groove? It’s truly audio magic when tracks are really tight! In this tutorial, Logic latency guru Tom Rice shows you how your tracks can achieve that incredibly awesome, locked-in sound!
In this step-by-step masterpiece you will become the master of all Logic’s latency combating settings and preferences. You'll learn how to calculate and compensate for the built-in latency inherent in every audio interface. You’ll see how to test for and eliminate the timing mysteries of external and internal MIDI instruments to make sure that they “sound” exactly on-the-grid, every time!
Table of Contents:
2. What is Latency?
3. Latency in the Physical Domain - Part 1
4. Latency in the Physical Domain - Part 2
5. Latency in the Analog Domain
6. Latency in the Digital Domain
7. The Digital Audio I/O Path - Part 1
8. The Digital Audio I/O Path - Part 2
9. Setting the I/O Buffer Size
10. The Roundtrip Latency Display
11. CPU Trade-off
12. Monitoring Live Signals Through Logic
13. Choosing the Right Buffer Size
14. Hitting the Limit
15. Monitoring Live Signals Outside of Logic (Direct Mo...
16. Using Logic’s FX When Direct Monitoring
17. The Recording Delay Preference
18. Measuring Recording Delay with the I/O Plug-in
19. Measuring Recording Delay with the Loopback Test
20. My Loopback Isn’t Working
21. Measuring Recording Delay on ADAT Ports
22. Compensating for Recording Delay on ADAT Ports
23. Measuring Recording Delay on Complicated Systems
24. How to Measure Roundtrip Latency Sample Accurately
25. About MIDI
26. External MIDI I/O Latency
27. External MIDI I/O Test
28. External MIDI Monitoring Latency
29. Software Instrument I/O Latency
30. Setting up External Hardware Instruments - MIDI Rou...
31. Setting up External Hardware Instruments - MIDI Rou...
32. Monitoring External Hardware Instruments Through a ...
33. Monitoring External Hardware Instruments Through Lo...
34. Setting Up External Virtual Instruments - MIDI Rout...
35. Setting Up External Virtual Instruments - MIDI Rout...
36. Monitoring External Virtual Instruments Through a M...
37. Monitoring External Virtual Instruments Through Sou...
38. Using the External Instrument Plug-in
39. Setting up ReWire Instruments in Logic
40. How to Record External Instrument to Audio - The Ri...
41. Compensating for MIDI Playback Latency - Part 1
42. Compensating for MIDI Playback Latency - Part 2
43. Compensating for MIDI Playback Latency - Part 3
44. Adding External MIDI Instruments to Your Template
45. Compensating MIDI Playback Latency after Changing B...
46. Bug Shop - Part 1
47. Bug Shop - Part 2
48. Bug Shop - Part 3
49. Alternative Method for Compensating MIDI Playback L...
50. The Final Template
51. What is Plug-in Latency?
52. Plug-in Latency Compensation (PLC)
53. Digging Deeper into All Mode
54. PLC when Monitoring External MIDI Thru a Mixer
55. PLC when Monitoring External MIDI Thru an Aux
56. PLC with the External Instrument Plug-in
57. PLC when Monitoring External MIDI Thru an Audio Cha...
58. PLC with the I/O Plug-in
59. PLC Wrap-up
60. PLC when Recording Software Instruments
61. Low Latency Mode - Part 1
62. Low Latency Mode - Part 2
63. PLC when Recording Audio
64. Low Latency Mode and External MIDI
65. My Bounces are Out of Sync
66. My Automation Plays Out of Sync - Part 1
67. My Automation Plays Out of Sync - Part 2
68. My Automation Plays Out of Sync - Part 3
69. My Automation Plays Out of Sync - Part 4
70. My Automation Writes Out of Sync - Part 1
71. My Automation Writes Out of Sync - Part 2
72. My Automation Writes Out of Sync - Part 3
73. Wrap it Up!