Developer: Zennaware GmbH
Current Version: 2.7.18
Last Updated: 2 years ago
Download Size: 14.2 MB - Download
The ultimate Subversion app. Only for OS X.
Cornerstone is a version control app built on Subversion that makes serious version control easier than ever. With full support for all of Subversion's rich features, it's both incredibly powerful and super-easy to use.
• Streamlined workflow for previewing your changes before committing them.
• Super-helpful checklist and preview take the guesswork out of Merging.
• Class-leading text comparison and editing so you'll never miss a change.
• Ingenious annotations that tell you the Who? Why? and When? of every piece of your files.
• Log and Timeline views make navigating your project's history a breeze.
• Zero configuration: everything you need is included in the app.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"Thanks for producing one of the most intelligent pieces of software I have ever used. Cornerstone has dramatically improved my productivity".
Joel R. Kallman, Oracle America Inc.
Director, Software Development
“We recently switched to Subversion after having used Perforce for many years and we've found Cornerstone to be really impressive.”
Rich Siegel, Bare Bones Software, Inc
Makers of BBEdit and Yojimbo
• Create new repositories or connect to existing ones
• Organize repositories in source lists
• Option-drag to create tags and branches
• Drag from Finder to import
• Organize working copies in source list
• Add existing working copies by dragging from Finder
• Change summary (including available repository updates), top folder status and activity shown in source list
• Displays local and remote file status
• Quick Look working copy files
• Powerful filtering by modification and lock status as well as by file name
• Configure which application to open files with by type and by file
• Inspect and modify Subversion properties
• Full support for sparse working copies with folder depth extension and reduction
Integrated Compare View:
• Compare text and images
• Most image formats supported including PNG, JPEG, GIF and PSD
• Highlights intraline differences
• Edit working versions by rejecting/restoring individual changes
• Include and exclude files
• Commit changes to folder properties without including nested files
• Compare files without leaving commit view
Branching and Merging:
• Dedicated View for tagging and branching
• Merge support for Synchronization, Reintegration, Cherry Picking and Advanced strategies.
• Merge preview and checklist to reduce risk of conflicts
• Displays history as list of revisions grouped by date
• Filter by text, change type or age
• Integrated compare view
• Seamless integration of blame information into the compare view
• Color-coded author display
• Legend window with detailed statistics and timeline
• Navigate through a file's constituent revisions
• Compact horizontal timeline
• Compare history for multiple items
• Powerful set of filters
• Branch points are clearly marked and can be expanded and collapsed
• Describes all activities performed in working copy or repository
• Detailed progress information for lengthy operations
• Saved to disk between application sessions
• List view displays definitions as simple list
• Filter for definitions referencing HEAD or a specific revision
• Property text can also be edited directly in text view
• Full application documentation in Apple Help Book format
• Describes best-practice workflows for working with Subversion
• 1.7-level Subversion updated to 1.7.22. See the Apache Subversion Change Log for details on the issues addressed in this version
• 1.8-level Subversion updated to 1.8.14. See the Apache Subversion Change Log for details on the issues addressed in this version
• Selecting "Add Certificate from Keychain..." in the "Certificates" preference pane displays an error if the keychain contains no certificates with private keys
• Unreadable character is displayed to right of file name in popup button in change view's navigation bar (OS X 10.11 only)
• "Copy as Numbered List" and "Copy as Bulleted List" commands in transcript view do not copy text to the clipboard
• Deleting a file reported as missing after case-only rename causes unversioned file with new name to be deleted from the file system
• Bug in Subversion's HTTP layer (lib_ra_serf) can cause Cornerstone to crash during authentication after an SSL server presented an invalid certificate
Most Helpful Reviews
Comprehensive and Full Featured - I've been using Versions since it came out and it's always been a great client for Subversion when I have to use Subversion. That said, it's missing some pretty major features, like merging, that make Cornerstone really stand out. This app has all the bells and whistles and is easy to get up and going with. I was hesitant to spend the $60.00 knowing that I won't be using Subversion for too much longer but I can tell you it was worth it. Very well made app that is functional and usable and I'm not stuck waiting for them to implement a feature that I need, it's all here. Trust me, this is the Cadillac of Subversion clients.
Version 2.7.10 is still corrupting my working copies - For several releases, my working copies have become corrupt apparently this happens when the application is under stress. If you baby the UI, letting the CPU go down to zero after every click or selection things seem to be somewhat stable but this is an unacceptable way to use an application. I cannot recommend using this application until the corrupt data issues are resolved.
More Reviews for Current Version
Couldn’t be more disappointed. - Purchased this for $59 bucks. Used if for a while, then it stopped committing files after I updated to latest version of Yosemite. Was working in Yosemite tho before the minor update. Tried to contact Zennaware customer support multiple times over 2 months without so much as an autoreply and they have no phone number on their website. Good program, unless you update your OS. Don’t buy, go with Versions instead.
Works - Does what it says