Copy'em Paste (Clipboard Mgr.)
Developer: Hoi Chang
Current Version: 2.4.2
Last Updated: 8 days ago
Download Size: 6.5 MB - Download
Copy'em Paste is a powerful clipboard manager for turbocharging your daily workflow. It records your clipboard history of copied text, images, links, and screenshots, etc., and lets you recall/paste them anytime, right at your fingertips. Use it to copy and paste items in batches (so minimizing switching between apps), capture screenshots and collect research data, store favorite clippings permanently, paste frequent snippets via keyboard shortcuts, strip text formats or transform text, organize clippings into different lists, sort and label them, look them up by keywords/types, preview and edit their text, and so on. All done with speed and reliability. It is a valuable time-saver that is both rich in features and easy to use!
- Automatically remembers the things copied by regular copy/cut commands
- Can store unlimited number of clippings
- Accepts text, images, links, HTML, code, PDFs, files, and clippings of proprietary formats
- Instant access to clippings via menubar or customizable Command-Shift-V
- Can paste clippings via drag-and-drop into target applications
- Can be configured to paste into VNC, NoMachine, Parallels, etc.
- Batch pasting of multiple snippets
- Can paste clippings with local shortcuts ('0' to '9' and 'a' to 'z')
- Can paste clippings with unlimited number of global shortcuts
- Plain-text mode option to paste any rich text as plain text
- Hold Option key to switch between pasting text as plain text or rich text (i.e., temporarily do the opposite of plain-text mode)
- Text transformation options (capitalization, line-unwrapping, stripping whitespace, adding prefixes/suffixes, etc.)
- Can enable/disable text transformations with global shortcuts
- Press Space or Left-Arrow key to preview clippings in a large, resizable popover window
- Unlimited number of lists for you to organize your favorite clippings
- Auto-star mode where newly arrived clippings are automatically put into the current starred list
- Fast switching between lists via app-local shortcuts (such as Command-1, Command-2, etc.)
- Use swiping or Command-[ and Command-] shortcuts to navigate backward and forward between lists
- Sort clippings by drag-and-drop, creation dates, most-recently-used dates, and paste frequency, etc.
- Rearrange clippings in starred lists via drag-and-drop
- Find clippings by search, content-type filtering, and application-name filtering
- Fast searching, with search-as-you-type, and options to auto-focus and auto-clear the search field
- Can edit text clippings
- Can assign names to clippings or edit them
- Open clippings window next to current mouse location (in order to minimize mouse movement)
- Option to keep the window open after each paste operation; by default, the window automatically closes after use
- Capture screenshots (full screen, windows, selected areas, etc.) as clippings
- Blacklist applications, so clippings from them won't be saved
- Stop (or resume) collecting new clippings
- Can delete selected clippings, selected sets, or entire lists
- Change the theme, with option to show text clippings in original colors or grayscale
- Automatically switch theme according to the OS X theme setting
- Option to play sounds when copying and/or pasting
If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at [email protected] If you enjoy using Copy'em Paste, please leave us a review and support us!
- Fixed a bug that caused search failures or program crashes in some use cases
- Fixed an issue where some list items could become unresponsive to mouse clicks
- Fixed an issue where damaged theme settings could cause program crashes at launch time
New in 2.4.1:
- Fixed copy and paste issues with Microsoft Word.
New in 2.4.0:
- Enabled 'Manual' sorting on all lists, where you can rearrange clippings by drag-and-drop
- Added new 'Alphabetical' sort order that automatically sorts clippings based on their titles and/or text
- Added new 'Remove Empty Lines' option to automatically remove empty lines from pasted text
- Can automatically display the names of clips copied from Final Cut Pro X
- Can now be configured to paste into Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Can now silently blacklist TextExpander expansions without making any copy sounds
- Can now paste into LibreOffice
- Raised the default limit on the number of unstarred clippings from 100 to 1000 (which you can raise further if you wish)
- Fixed the issue where the preview window would unexpectedly resize when an inner portion of the window was dragged
- Fixed a High Sierra compatibility issue, which caused the Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts lists to become empty
Most Helpful Reviews
Very close to pth pateboard - I’m a power user and I was basically looking for a PTH pasteboard replacement. I looked over the options in the app store. I don't have time to try them all but I have used all the major one's in the past. Since I could not longer use PTH I started using the built in clipboard manager of Keyboard Maestro. Its ok but I wanted more options like quick keyboard shortcuts to quickly select a particular clipping. So far I am not disappointed with Copy’em. At this point I just wish it let me save in iCloud or dropbox so my clippings were in sync on all my machines. Note: Most of these clipboard managers do basically the same thing. Some of them like iClip try to get you with a very imaginative UI. This the kind of utility you want to be fast and as simple as possible with all the bells and whistles you are going to use, not a bunch that are there just o create a long feature list or cool screen shots of the program. Copy`em strikes the right balance.
Freezes on 10.10.3 - the app is unsable with 10.10.3. It freezes as soon as you open it.
More Reviews for Current Version
Great clipboard manager - powerful and flexible - Well done app - good features, intuitive. Responsive developer dedicated to solving concerns.
Great app to write meaningful feedback (teachers) - It is a perfect app to for teachers!
Great program - Does exactly what it says it will do. No fuss. Great results.