Developer: SweetP Productions, Inc.
Current Version: 5.5.7
Last Updated: 5 days ago
Download Size: 3.5 MB - Download
Cookie 5 has been re-written from the ground-up to support El Capitan. Cookie 5 has everything you loved about Cookie v4 plus some powerful new features. We've removed all the legacy code, so Cookie 5 now only supports OS X 10.11+. For OS X 10.6 - OS X 10.10 please search the Mac App Store for "Cookie".
New in Cookie 5:
- New alternate Simplified View that takes care of all the technical details for you.
- New Combined cookie view displays all cookie/flash/localStorage/Silverlight data in one tab to manage view.
- Individual Cookie favorites. Cookie management is now configurable for individual cookies.
- Individual Flash favorites. Flash Cookie's can now be favorited individually.
- Individual Browser settings. It is now possible to configure different removal options for each browser.
- Better and more intuitive management of Databases/Flash and Silverlight cookies.
- More specific removal options from the Settings tab and menubar.
- New streamlined User Interface designed for El Capitan.
- Full Screen support.
- Sandboxed for your security.
Changed in Cookie 5
- New Preferences window. We've moved the preferences out of the main interface into their own window (where they should be!)
- New Favorites/Tracking definitions Export format. Cookie 5 now uses a standardised JSON format for export/import of settings.
- Blacklist removal. With the addition of individual cookie favorites the blacklist didn't make sense any more so we got rid of it.
*Visit our Support link to make a request for Cookie 5 in your language.
Cookie is the ONLY cookie manager which gives you COMPLETE control over YOUR privacy.
Cookie prevents third parties from hijacking your browsing experience.
The sites you visit store "cookies" in your browser without your knowledge or consent. Some are helpful, but others are frustrating and invasive. Cookie can help.
More privacy, better browsing
*Automated privacy control. Setup a timer, remove when you quit your browser, its entirely up to you when you remove your private browsing data.
*Enhanced for Security. Secure delete any unwanted data, and rest easy knowing that external threats can't recover your private data.
*Avoid invasive marketing. Tired of targeted ads that mysteriously know what products you've been shopping for online? Eliminate them with Cookie.
*Freedom from Flash, and Silverlight. Cookie is adept at eliminating Flash and Silverlight cookies, especially large and persistent types of cookie.
*Impressive results, with minimal effort. By consolidating all your cookie controls into an easy interface, Cookie makes maintaining your browsing privacy a cinch.
fixed an issue with chrome based browser Extension names
fixed an issue with chrome/chromium whitelisted cookies
fixed an issue with enabling/disabling browsers
fixed an issue with removing cookies when using custom toolbars
Most Helpful Reviews
Works as advertised with no fuss. - I have been using the previous version for quite some time, and this is a nice update. Just configure what cookies and local sorage items you want to keep and the app automatically removes the rest. I have it set to delete everything not whitelisted when I quit Safari or Chrome. Very responsive developer also. I had an issue issue with the old version when El Capitan first came out, and the devloper responded to my issue within one day and it was on a weekend.
Asks for too broad of access - The latest version 5.0.6 wants access to your entire home folder, which is insane considering all data it needs to control is in few folders. So, I uninstalled the app and will look for one that is less invasive.
More Reviews for Current Version
Removing ‘Cache’ does’t work. - Clciking the remove unwanted data (Cache) does not remove cashed websites from the Mangae Website section of the Safari preferences panel. Not sure this has ever worked.
Very nice - Real cookie managment, Safari, despite all of Apple’s secutiy, places tens of cookies, including tracking cookies of websites that I don’t visit, just by turning on Safari. Setting all Apple’s security prferences to maximum, fireballing those sites, deleting all cashes, does not help. This app gets rid of all these cookies (until the next time I turn on Safari, then Apple loads them back in again.) At least the cookies are not on whan I’m using other browsers. Highly recommended.
Broken for Safari - This app was nice, but its performance with Safari is too inconsistent, and it's currently broken on macOS 10.12.5. The deletion process gives the apperance that tracking cookies and non-favorites are removed. Notifications of success deliver, and the Cookie window pane that previously listed hundreds of cookies, shows as vacant. But a simple restart of Safari... and all cookies reappear. It simply does not work.